What's new

Craze by Driven Sports and Detonate by Gaspari found to be spiked with meth analogs

skarpyona

Registered
Yikes! When I ran pre-workouts, I ran C4 Extreme and liked it, switched to craze, and it just left me wired and with a rancid taste in my mouth...

Mr.White

Registered
This doesn't surprise me whatsoever...quite sad, especially for the builders who don't necessarily research the substances they consume. Goes to show you how unregulated the supps industry is. I'm not well versed in my chemistry anymore so I can't comment on this specific compound/compounds, but I'll stick to my double-shot of espresso pre-workout and eggs, oats and greens an hour prior.

Mashane

Registered
That's crazy (no pun intended), I'm not surprised to hear about it coming from Driven Sports, but Gaspari is a bit of an eye opener. How sad is it that people are already paying a ridiculous amount of money for the substances listed on the label that are massively under dosed and on top of it they can't trust that they're even getting that...

I wonder if this adds validity to Rob Riches story about Craze causing him to fail his drug test.

Their testing might not be specific enough as what is in the product(s) might be closely or similarly related to an amphetamine but not necessarily being one?

This is a very old story btw, beginning last March (2012):

Driven Sports (DS) Craze - Guide to Rumors, Accusations

Further proof that Craze® does not contain amphetamines | Driven Sports Blog

Not trying to defend them, as I have no real idea of who's in the right here. Just saying keep an open mind about those who accuse and those being accused.

sluggy

Registered
Doesn't show up on blood or urine panel as amphetamine metabolite.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yikes! When I ran pre-workouts, I ran C4 Extreme and liked it, switched to craze, and it just left me wired and with a rancid taste in my mouth...
Must have been a shitty metabolite then. Trust me, if it had much at all similar with meth you would have liked it a lot more than c4 extreme or whatever overloaded caffiene garbage preworkout you're used to

Looks to be a lawsuit now, I've taken it once and I'd rather double dose some clen to be honest, I did not feel well for two days, felt something was off . That's ill I can touch base with , and that was a year ago. It scared me enough to make my own PWO since then, and I didn't even know about these allegations at the time

Class Action Lawsuit Alleges Driven Sports? Pre-Workout Supplement ?Craze? Includes Chemical Cousin to Methamphetamine; Parker Waichman LLP, Co-Counsel Firms Represent Plaintiffs

Ever since I started taking the Gaspari stuff, my face is covered in sores and I ride around on a bicycle all night looking for scrap metal. Weird... In all seriousness though, if true, this is disturbing. It's one thing for a supplement to have inert sucky ingredients in it (that's gone on forever) but it's a whole different ball game if companies are putting off-label ingredients in it that can be harmful! It also doesn't help our reputation in the bodybuilding community. Mainstream media would see this as even the stuff bodybuilders buy at GNC is a "drug".

I have said this before and these are just my thoughts on the subject. I don't buy or take any of them. I buy protein only and most likely will never buy anything.

Right now on my cycle my pre workout is 75mg of test suspension an hour before I hit the gym.