What's new

Curcumin brand?

panteralabs

Heavyweight
Hi, looking for suggestions for the best curcumin supplement. Thanks in advance. 😀

tristan

Super Heavyweight
I always buy raw, fresh, high-quality turmeric from this place in Montreal...

Buying it this way is much better value, and has guaranteed provenance; particularly since turmeric is often adulterated with inert bulking agents so that growers and wholesalers can increase their profit margins. The supplement giants who put it in capsules with a white plastic tub and a huge mark-up will always tell you otherwise, but there's no beating fresh and unprocessed.

Ethné and Philippe de Vienne travel the world to sample and procure the vast majority of their spices directly from farms & plantations. This means it hasn't been sitting in a warehouse for months on end, is not dried-out and denatured (deactivated), and is not a cheap low-quality Chinese product. If you're passing through Montreal, their little shop is a treasure trove of cool spices, and both Philippe and Ethné will happy chat to you all day about the amazing health properties of their products. They also stock the biggest selection of teas in Canada (also directly procured) with a great selection of mega-high antioxidant and high L-theanine varieties.

More about their procurement methods here....

BigBen

Super Heavyweight
I used to take a double strength Theracurmin every morning. Figured it warded off the aches and pains. Then I got injured, and starting take 8 double strength pills per day. After about 2 weeks, I realized that not only had my injury not recovered at all, but my minor aches and pains were exactly as before. So, I have given up on that product, and think that whatever it did at 1 double strength capsule per day, was all in my head.

nomorals

Super Heavyweight
If you want the most curcumin possible and you're not adverse to milk tea looking injectables, Inno's Curcuject @ 100mg/ml is used by a few old timers here that said it resulted in the discontinuation of NSAIDs.

Curcumin has a bunch of other benefits as well.

Goldenrod

VET
If you want the most curcumin possible and you're not adverse to milk tea looking injectables, Inno's Curcuject @ 100mg/ml is used by a few old timers here that said it resulted in the discontinuation of NSAIDs.

Curcumin has a bunch of other benefits as well.
I still have 5 bottles and was taking 100 mg EOD for a long time. I was having a strange side effect and couldn't figure out what it was so I stopped everything including the curcuject, long story short, it wasn't the curcuject. It helped me tremendously with DOMS and overall aches and pains and would recommend it but I'm sure there are other good injectable forms out there as well.
When my Theracumin is done, I will start every third day injections - only negative is if any leaks out it will stain so have a wash cloth and be prepared.

maxmuscle1

Super Heavyweight
I am using the Horbaach brand right now(super inexpensive). Over The years I have tried lots of brands. I did find a great newer company on Amazon but, it was a small boutique store out of Chicago. They have some awesome anti aging supps. I am using their Berberine HCL and NMN/Transresveratrol (Elixir). Some strong extracts!!

Max

Ohz

Super Heavyweight
Hey better late then never I guess,. I have Natural Factors double strength Theracurmin. I got it from a natural food store that has been around for 30 years. The owner told me it is by far the strongest and most absorbing. Hope that helps. I do find a difference with joint pain since starting.

nomorals

Super Heavyweight
I still have 5 bottles and was taking 100 mg EOD for a long time. I was having a strange side effect and couldn't figure out what it was so I stopped everything including the curcuject, long story short, it wasn't the curcuject. It helped me tremendously with DOMS and overall aches and pains and would recommend it but I'm sure there are other good injectable forms out there as well.
When my Theracumin is done, I will start every third day injections - only negative is if any leaks out it will stain so have a wash cloth and be prepared.

I might be hopping on that E3D protocol with you finally now that im cycling 40km a day.....might need that bad boy finally. Give me that Milk tea right into my veins.

Goldenrod

VET
I might be hopping on that E3D protocol with you finally now that im cycling 40km a day.....might need that bad boy finally. Give me that Milk tea right into my veins.
I'm on vacation now and using Theracurmin from Natural Factors but when I get back home I will be starting up again with the curcuject. It was better than any NSAID I used - which in general I found useless for aches and pains anyway but they work for headaches.
It worked for me but you have the shake the crap out of the bottle pre-injection to get it mized up correctly and make sure you have a washcloth and some soap near by. I use 11/2 needles in my glutes and shoulders and some of the orange liquid still leaks out periodically right after the injection. A little hot water and a cloth and your fine for the day.
Are you training for a competition or just love cycling?

Reactions: Ohz
Top Bottom