What's new

Curcumin - this is a long read but many of the studies may be related to gear use.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight

Autoimmune diseases, cancer, liver protection, BP for some situations, diabetic issues, and so on. Worth reading and educating yourself.
Turmeric's bioavailability is increased by 2000% with piperine, according to data the same can be said for curcumin unless it has been modified for better absorption. Natural factors theracurmin has several studies showing its increased bioavailability but I believe all the studies were completed by the same company so take it with a grain of salt.
GR

WatchWho

Super Heavyweight
interesting...
I will try it out and see how it works. The study showed a 50% drop in fasting BG levels in diabetics at 5000mg/day over 3 months. My wife has some gastro/inflammation issues - seems to have benefits there as well. Will put in an order and give it a go...

maxmuscle1

Super Heavyweight

Autoimmune diseases, cancer, liver protection, BP for some situations, diabetic issues, and so on. Worth reading and educating yourself.
Turmeric's bioavailability is increased by 2000% with piperine, according to data the same can be said for curcumin unless it has been modified for better absorption. Natural factors theracurmin has several studies showing its increased bioavailability but I believe all the studies were completed by the same company so take it with a grain of salt.
GR
I take 2grams daily w Bioperine. On sale! Lol . It works great, I didn’t realize it until I ran out for 5 days, then I realized how much it was doing. I started having more pain post workout and in general when I ran out

Max🤙

MRX

Super Heavyweight

GR
Chronic tendinitis (golfer and tennis elbow) vanished in several weeks never to return again when I started pure Curcumin several years ago
And I go as hard as I ever did, even harder
One of the greatest substances on earth for health and wellness bar none
Absolutely mandatory for this guy

California Gold is the best brand in my opinion. I order it on iherb.ca

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Chronic tendinitis (golfer and tennis elbow) vanished in several weeks never to return again when I started pure Curcumin several years ago
And I go as hard as I ever did, even harder
One of the greatest substances on earth for health and wellness bar none
Absolutely mandatory for this guy

California Gold is the best brand in my opinion. I order it on iherb.ca
Hey @MRX - agree with you 100%, one of few supplements that is as powerful as prescription drugs with a ton of health properties. I haven't stuck with one specific brand yet and am trying Now's version which is a bioavailable form of curcumin. I tried taking a table spoon of turneric with 8 peppercorns everyday but it stains your teath and helps but isn't as good as curcumin but we still try to incorporate turmeric in our foods.
I think I found the best results for pain with Theracurmin by natural factors but will give California Gold a run. I use the same site and price check different products with Vitamart and Life Extensions. I have 3 older ladies in the office on NF's theracurmin and all three are off NSAID's for their knee pain and use the stairs again vs. the elevator.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Just added this to my regime last week.. Glad I did now, looking forward to the benefits moreso now. Thx 4 sharing
Hey @Old RhynoS - curious what you think. Based on your avatar you work out hard and we are probably close in age. I assume if you have been throwing around weights for decades you have aches and pains, will be interested to see if it helps. My father uses it now too as he can't take NSAIDS as he has ulcers from being on NSAID's for decades. The only way I could get him on it was to buy him two bottled which would last 4 months as part of a Chistmas gift and he stuck with it since.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Just added this to my regime last week.. Glad I did now, looking forward to the benefits moreso now. Thx 4 sharing
Hey @Old RhynoS - curious what you think. Based on your avatar you work out hard and we are probably close in age. I assume if you have been throwing around weights for decades you have aches and pains, will be interested to see if it helps. My father uses it now too as he can't take NSAIDS as he has ulcers from being on NSAID's for decades. The only way I could get him on it was to buy him two bottles which would last 4 months as part of a Chistmas gift and he stuck with it since.

Jonesy83

Super Heavyweight
I have been taking turmeric for a couple years now. It has completely replaced NSAIDS that I used for years. I have diagnosed osteoarthritis in my right knee NSAIDs filled the pain but turmeric (and exercise) has given me my mobility back.
I have tried a few and have been using Natures bounty wich is 900mg turmeric 95mg curcumin and 5mg piperine. I take 2 in the morning and 2 before bed.

Edit. I take.my fish oil at the same time wich I believe also helps absorption by slowing down digestion.

No_Bull

Rookie
I heard that the oral version is near to junk, due to the absorption rate, chopping up some of the root tumeric onto a salad or any sort of spread would be much more beneficial, there is also a injectable version out there that can be taken with a B vitamin complex or just B12, now this sounds interesting.. make injectable curcumin like they do b12, $1 per injection and 99% absorption. sign me up..

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
I heard that the oral version is near to junk, due to the absorption rate, chopping up some of the root tumeric onto a salad or any sort of spread would be much more beneficial, there is also a injectable version out there that can be taken with a B vitamin complex or just B12, now this sounds interesting.. make injectable curcumin like they do b12, $1 per injection and 99% absorption. sign me up..
The oral version or turmeric and curcumin to a lesser degree has low bioavailability/absorption which is why they use piperine to increase this by a staggering %. I always take the supplement with black pepper corns for the piperine content. That isn't broscience, it is written in many periodicals.
I wish an injectable form was available again. It was made by an UGL previously but they discontinued it. Agreed - would be nice if there was an easily accessible injectable form but until there is, oral is just fine. Companies keep increasing the bioavailability and releasing studies but unfortunately the studies are sometimes run by the company that makes it.

Old RhynoS

Super Heavyweight
Hey @Old RhynoS - curious what you think. Based on your avatar you work out hard and we are probably close in age. I assume if you have been throwing around weights for decades you have aches and pains, will be interested to see if it helps. My father uses it now too as he can't take NSAIDS as he has ulcers from being on NSAID's for decades. The only way I could get him on it was to buy him two bottles which would last 4 months as part of a Chistmas gift and he stuck with it since.
I will keep a close eye on my creaks and cracks and let you know once I get into it a bit more.
I will tell you I work with a guy that recently had surgery on his shoulder and the dr highly recommended it. He actually said if he were to take anything it would be turmeric/curcumin for recovery.

MRX

Super Heavyweight
Hey @MRX - agree with you 100%, one of few supplements that is as powerful as prescription drugs with a ton of health properties. I haven't stuck with one specific brand yet and am trying Now's version which is a bioavailable form of curcumin. I tried taking a table spoon of turneric with 8 peppercorns everyday but it stains your teath and helps but isn't as good as curcumin but we still try to incorporate turmeric in our foods.
I think I found the best results for pain with Theracurmin by natural factors but will give California Gold a run. I use the same site and price check different products with Vitamart and Life Extensions. I have 3 older ladies in the office on NF's theracurmin and all three are off NSAID's for their knee pain and use the stairs again vs. the elevator.
100% my man
Give the California Gold a whirl and lemme know how it goes
Best I've found since Viva stopped making it

panteralabs

Rookie
Just ordered some from amazon from a company called Plantvital out of Toronto. Looks pretty good as well as their other products. Looking forward to trying it out.
p.s. PLANTVIP10 will give you 10% off at Amazon.
#edit# just reread my post and it sounds like I'm trying to sell this stuff, lol. I'm not affiliated with the company and got the code when I joined their mailing list. Sorry if any confusion.

Last edited:

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Just ordered some from amazon from a company called Plantvital out of Toronto. Looks pretty good as well as their other products. Looking forward to trying it out.
p.s. PLANTVIP10 will give you 10% off at Amazon.
#edit# just reread my post and it sounds like I'm trying to sell this stuff, lol. I'm not affiliated with the company and got the code when I joined their mailing list. Sorry if any confusion.
Didn't think you were trying to push the company at all, there is nothing wrong with sharing discounts or telling others about a website you are trying for supplements. Please let us know what you think of their product. Its all good.
GR

No_Bull

Rookie
The oral version or turmeric and curcumin to a lesser degree has low bioavailability/absorption which is why they use piperine to increase this by a staggering %. I always take the supplement with black pepper corns for the piperine content. That isn't broscience, it is written in many periodicals.
I wish an injectable form was available again. It was made by an UGL previously but they discontinued it. Agreed - would be nice if there was an easily accessible injectable form but until there is, oral is just fine. Companies keep increasing the bioavailability and releasing studies but unfortunately the studies are sometimes run by the company that makes it.
I think that UGL has some left over, I remember asking no too long ago and he said he had some.. as long as the batch didnt go bad im sure its still good to go.

what is the brand curcumin has to offer? do you buy online? also,, do they come with a piperine built inside the oral version? thanks for taking your time to answer this..

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
I think that UGL has some left over, I remember asking no too long ago and he said he had some.. as long as the batch didnt go bad im sure its still good to go.

what is the brand curcumin has to offer? do you buy online? also,, do they come with a piperine built inside the oral version? thanks for taking your time to answer this..
Yes, many brands now come with piperine and other ingredients (I think a phosphatidyl choline mix of some sort but I'm going by memory) to help with the absorption. Natural Factors has Theracurmin and if the studies are true, claims to be the best adsorbed curcumin on the market. Reduced pain, inflammation, liver enzymes, etc. I wish I could find the link and believe there is a handout with the product. That being said - there are lots of other good ones out there. I often just throw back 8-10 peppercorns as they are loaded in piperine and piperine increases the bioavailability by 2000%.
I buy on several online sites - vitamart, life extensions, iherb are all reputable sellers. Never had an issue with any of those three online stores.
take care,
GR

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight

Hi @No_Bull - this is the most recent product I tried and I just checked the bottle and it is phosphatidyl choline they are using to help with the absorption. PC is an excellent supplement for the liver to begin with, all the same I still take 8-10 black peppercorns for the piperine to make it more bioavailable.

Attachments