What's new

Day off and just chomping at the bit for tomorrow

Thread starter #1

Gregw1

Registered
Tomorrow is chest , biceps and abs god I can't wait. At the end of chest and the end of my biceps I'm gonna throw in 7 sets of cable crossovers 20 second rest and 7 sets of spider curls ( reverse preacher curls ) about 20 seconds rest. That will b nice and brutal

Thread starter #4

Gregw1

Registered
Sweeeeeet....... What an awesome chest and biceps day
CHEST
Set 1: incline dumbbell press ( 2 warmup sets 4 working )
Set 2: decline barbell press ( 4 sets
Set 3: machine press ( 4 sets )
Set 4: incline dumbbell flyes (3 sets)
7 sets Cable crossovers 20 sec. Rests
BICEPS
SET 1: straight bar cable curls ( 2 warmups 4 working sets )
Set 2: incline bench dubell curls (3 sets )
Set 3: spider curls ( 7 sets )
Crushed it

66Chevy

Super Moderator
Sweeeeeet....... What an awesome chest and biceps day
CHEST
Set 1: incline dumbbell press ( 2 warmup sets 4 working )
Set 2: decline barbell press ( 4 sets
Set 3: machine press ( 4 sets )
Set 4: incline dumbbell flyes (3 sets)
7 sets Cable crossovers 20 sec. Rests

Crushed it
question for ya.....what angles do you use on your incline and decline?

for what its worth I like to vary the angles that I use to target the muscle in different places.

Thread starter #6

Gregw1

Registered
What I like yo do for incline is also vary the angles. One workout I might start with a low incline and next set go up one and up another. Or even start high and work low.
I also sometimes just puck one angle and use that for the exercise for that workout. I also focus in on keeping my back flat on the bench and really feel the stretch and contraction. For decline I always just use the angle the bench is on but always vary my reps and weights. Rep and a half's is awesome on decline

Thread starter #7

Gregw1

Registered
O and 2 exercises I find really awesome for the upper chest are
Incline cable flyes because u can really get that stretch and a super good contraction at the top. Shoot u don't even need to stop at the top u can keep going almost like your trying to hug yourself lol. Dumbbell flyes are awesome but cable flyes have their place also cuz with dumbbell flyes wen ur almost at the top of the rep the tension goes but with cables the tension stays all the way through.
Another really good exercise for upper chest is SMITH MACHINE REVERSE GRIP BENCH PRESS. I read a couple articles on it and some say it actually activates more upper chest fibers than incline presses ( I didn't believe it of course ) but tried it and you can really feel the upper chest contract really hard. Give a try and c if u like

Thread starter #9

Gregw1

Registered
No can't say I've tried them. Seen them in videos and magazines though. I do like to mix it up so next chest day I'm gonna give em a go. Thanks for the fresh idea:cool: