What's new

Deca Durabolan, Testosterone, TRT & BW...

Thread starter #1
I’m injecting 150mg/wk Test Cyp for TRT.

If I add 250mg/wk Deca — for 8 weeks — how will the Deca affect my bloodwork values? Higher total T?

Will values spike/drop? Will my Dr know?

Probably an easy question but I can’t find any information on the forums/net.

I found a search result that had logic like this:. Because nandrolone has a higher affinity to bind with test receptors than test, it will cause your free test levels to increase.

Test should always be higher then Deca! I know this sounds low but I would run 75mg week with your TRT! .1ml mon/wed/fri.

As for your TT, yes they will go up for sure. When do you get bloods? Why Deca?

Consider running 100mg Prop. It's fast acting in & out, make sure you cut it 3 weeks before test!

Again I know these amounts are low but if your start here you can figure out what dose works best for your goals in that time frame!

Last edited:
Test should always be higher then Deca! I know this sounds low but I would run 75mg week with your TRT! .1ml mon/wed/fri.

Consider running 100mg Prop. It's fast acting in & out, make sure you cut it 3 weeks before test!

Again I know these amounts are low but if your start here you can figure out what dose works best for your goals in that time frame!
Where’s your science backing for this “always” approach? Not trying to argue just curios. I understand there’s always been a methodology body builders pass on but I know for a fact there’s an older gentleman here who runs trt dose and cycles in anabolic at higher doses. People have said what you say about deca with drugs like tren and now more people are find low test to high tren being a good way to avoid mental sides. As for deca dick I’ve heard it be the case that guys get this even with running test higher than deca. But unless you know or have literature I feel like it’s fine running deca higher.
Personal experience I ran 250 test C with 400mg nandrolone blend and never got limp dick.
I don’t want to argue I’d just rather have some proof is all

The prop is a good call - you can cut it early and level out your test easier.

Where’s your science backing for this “always” approach? Not trying to argue just curios. I understand there’s always been a methodology body builders pass on but I know for a fact there’s an older gentleman here who runs trt dose and cycles in anabolic at higher doses. People have said what you say about deca with drugs like tren and now more people are find low test to high tren being a good way to avoid mental sides. As for deca dick I’ve heard it be the case that guys get this even with running test higher than deca. But unless you know or have literature I feel like it’s fine running deca higher.
Personal experience I ran 250 test C with 400mg nandrolone blend and never got limp dick.

Low test, high anabolics here as well.

The issues that come about when test is ran higher than the anabolics require a much more aggressive ancillery dose which is in my opinion wasteful. The 2:1 ratio for test to deca comes from the misunderstanding that Deca Dick is caused by a crash of testosterone levels requiring a higher test dose where in reality the deca is crashing your natural levels and not the injected testosterone; the Deca dick is caused by elevated progesterone/prolactin levels which is an issue that becomes worse in the presence of higher estrogen levels. If Deca dick becomes an issue than its those hormones that need to be dealt with and not the testosterone.

However, everyone tolerates anabolics differently and some get by just fine on high test with things like Deca so if you can run doses like that without issue and you feel good then by all means go ahead.

Personally lower test doses with higher anabolics just leave me feeling much better with less bloating and less requirements for ancilleries.

Low test, high anabolics here as well.

The issues that come about when test is ran higher than the anabolics require a much more aggressive ancillery dose which is in my opinion wasteful. The 2:1 ratio for test to deca comes from the misunderstanding that Deca Dick is caused by a crash of testosterone levels requiring a higher test dose where in reality the deca is crashing your natural levels and not the injected testosterone; the Deca dick is caused by elevated progesterone/prolactin levels which is an issue that becomes worse in the presence of higher estrogen levels. If Deca dick becomes an issue than its those hormones that need to be dealt with and not the testosterone.

However, everyone tolerates anabolics differently and some get by just fine on high test with things like Deca so if you can run doses like that without issue and you feel good then by all means go ahead.

Personally lower test doses with higher anabolics just leave me feeling much better with less bloating and less requirements for ancilleries.
I can back this reasoning. Where high test to lower deca is an option but not THE ONLY WAY by reasoning. Everyone does respond to anabolics and hormones differently- which is a point that goes both ways.

If you value your script and don't want your Doctor knowing you supplement then my advice is to only be at trt dose for a minimum of at least two months prior.

What might be red flagged when running other compounds depends on what your Doctor wants you tested for.. just hormone or full panel?

Best to plan blasts with testing/appointment dates. Also take into consideration the half-life of the compound and use short or long esters accordingly.

Fact is.. test doesn't have to be run higher than any compound. How you respond or the side effects you encounter will be as individual as the prints on your finger.

He's on DR TRT & looking to do a bump for a short time so he does not blow this script. My suggestion is to run lower dose to start with & have time to clear before next bloods. AS for Deca being higher it's all individual again start low and go from there! You can always go higher. Less is more and taking your time will yield more results over the long haul!

He's going from 150mg to 400mg week. No info if it is his 1st time? Is he on AIs can he get private bloods while on his blast? I know for a fact adding Deca even at low amount to your TRT will seriously improve your workouts and raise your TT levels! I've come full circle in this game and I'm very cautious with these very, very strong compounds! Everyone metabolizes these compounds different.

That's all!

Last edited:
Thread starter #11
If you value your script and don't want your Doctor knowing you supplement then my advice is to only be at trt dose for a minimum of at least two months prior.

What might be red flagged when running other compounds depends on what your Doctor wants you tested for.. just hormone or full panel?

Best to plan blasts with testing/appointment dates. Also take into consideration the half-life of the compound and use short or long esters accordingly.
That’s helpful... I’ll plan for 2 months.

He's on DR TRT & looking to do a bump for a short time so he does not blow this script. My suggestion is to run lower dose to start with & have time to clear before next bloods. AS for Deca being higher it's all individual again start low and go from there! You can always go higher. Less is more and taking your time will yield more results over the long haul!

He's going from 150mg to 400mg week. No info if it is his 1st time? Is he on AIs can he get private bloods while on his blast? I know for a fact adding Deca even at low amount to your TRT will seriously improve your workouts and raise your TT levels! I've come full circle in this game and I'm very cautious with these very, very strong compounds! Everyone metabolizes these compounds different.

That's all!
Good points -
he can also start low and add the prop as time comes if he’s experiencing sides associated with crashes T... however adding deca will be more cumbersome unless it’s npp. Deca has a longer half life...
NOW if he used NPP instead of deca he could control both variables a lot better.... lowering the NPP or boosting the test with prop

Thread starter #14

I chose the deca for joint health and overall strength... it’s been helping.

Basically, I was getting good results from my TRT and I wanted an add on.

I’m trying to keep my doses at a minimum and pinning to once a week.

The one thing that I noticed from Deca that I didn't expect was that my Hemoglobin was higher than normal when I went to donate blood. I'm normally 175-180, but I measured 200 that day.

Now, there's other variables that can be in play, like hydration, but I'm mostly certain they were stable, so it might well have been the Deca.

Thread starter #17

He's going from 150mg to 400mg week. No info if it is his 1st time? Is he on AIs can he get private bloods while on his blast? I know for a fact adding Deca even at low amount to your TRT will seriously improve your workouts and raise your TT levels! I've come full circle in this game and I'm very to avoicautious with these very, very strong compounds! Everyone metabolizes these compounds different.

That's all!
The deca has been helping in the gym considerably!

This is my first bump... I’ve been on varying levels of TRT for 10 years and I want to avoid AIs.

Thread starter #18
The one thing that I noticed from Deca that I didn't expect was that my Hemoglobin was higher than normal when I went to donate blood. I'm normally 175-180, but I measured 200 that day.

Now, there's other variables that can be in play, like hydration, but I'm mostly certain they were stable, so it might well have been the Deca.
I plan to donate blood... lots of good advice on that.

At what dose? per/w