What's new

Do I need HRT? Endo says no.

Thread starter #1
Hi guys. Brief history. Spring of 2016 ran a12 week cycle, 500mg test cyp/week and added a little winstrol the last 4 weeks (25-50mg/day). Last dose was early July 2016. I was 43. Come off with good pct but by November I was feeling brutal anxiety and depression. Worst I've ever had. Couldn't eat, lost 25 lbs... Always felt super stressed, emotional, would cry very easily. This lasted into January of this year. I started doing some reading here and asked my doc for t testing. We did a couple tests to be sure the levels were accurate. The last test was in May of this year, 10 months post cycle. T comes back low, I don't remember the levels but they were low. After trying a few things I end up on androgel, 5 mg/day. I feel better, symptoms improve t levels are in your range but I want to switch to injectables. My GP isn't comfortable with that and refers me to an Endo. I also book an appointment at an anti aging clinic. So on Dec 5 I go to the anti aging clinic after getting a ton of bloodwork. I've been doing keto and everything looks great except t and e. I got my bloodwork done before taking my androgel that day. They want to start me on t-cyp, arimidex and dhea. Sweet. Two days later I go to the Endo, I tell him about my cycle etc (I didn't mention my cycle to the anti aging clinic). Endo wants me to stop everything for 8-10 months. Thinks I may just be shut down due to cycle. Also says my t ratio to shbg is normal which I didn't understand. I am quite worried about going back to the shitty feeling I had with low test one year ago. What are the chances I was still going to bounce back from my cycle last spring. I waited almost a year, did a good pct but still had low t in May. I may have been low prior to the cycle but don't have blood from then. I may have been shut down permanently from the cycle due to my age... There's no way to tell now. Do you think it's worth it to ride out the next 10 months to see if I can produce test on my own? Sorry, I know this is a lot but value the opinions and knowledge of those of you that have been through this. Any questions... Ask away ...

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Thread starter #3
Get on 100mg test-e/c if you can and ride that out for life IMO.
Lol. That's kind of the way I'm leaning. It's night and day how I feel when on hrt vs off. I don't love the idea of injections for the rest of my life but it's better than feeling like crap. Appreciate the comment.

did you have bloods before you cycled?
i would say if after 6mo Post PCT/cycle you are still low that it may be time to consider HRT, especially past 40 IMO

Sorbate

Registered
Man weekly injections are nothing. 4 years now.
You know the difference from then to now is amazing for me.
I remember just before I started. I felt week all the time, like if I lifted something my back would pop.
I remember that spring, I could barely drag the pool cover to the shed to store it. My wife helping me so it wouldn’t get caught on shit.
This last spring, I rolled it up, stuck my arm in the middle of the folds, picked it up without much effort and placed it in the shed.

I’ll take weekly injections to feel strong again.

It’s funny because people will smoke pot, drink, take meds to feel good, but are scared to do an injection once a week to feel great.
I look at how sad the average guy my age looks and never regret my decision,

Sorbate

Registered
Just do what I do and run hcg every 3-4 months to keep the balls functioning just in case zombies destroy our supply line, lol.

If your doc really isn't willing to prescribe anything without waiting 8-10 months, you could ask if they will monitor your health while you self prescribe a true weekly TRT dose that keeps you well within the normal range.

If by some chance your T comes back within range 8 months from now (but you still experience symptoms) you could end up in an even worse position than you are now because you will probably get the "You are in range, you are fine now go away" treatment.

IMO it isn't worth sacrificing 8-10 months of your life waiting for something that may never come.

Thread starter #11
did you have bloods before you cycled?
i would say if after 6mo Post PCT/cycle you are still low that it may be time to consider HRT, especially past 40 IMO
Ya, I finished my cycle end of June 2016. T levels were still low in sorting of 2017, I turned 44 in Feb of 2017.

Thread starter #12
Just do what I do and run hcg every 3-4 months to keep the balls functioning just in case zombies destroy our supply line, lol.
Thanks. I take an anti depressant to and an kind of thinking I might get off that with TRT. I've been thinking a couple injections a week isn't any worse than pills every day!

Thread starter #13
If your doc really isn't willing to prescribe anything without waiting 8-10 months, you could ask if they will monitor your health while you self prescribe a true weekly TRT dose that keeps you well within the normal range.

If by some chance your T comes back within range 8 months from now (but you still experience symptoms) you could end up in an even worse position than you are now because you will probably get the "You are in range, you are fine now go away" treatment.

IMO it isn't worth sacrificing 8-10 months of your life waiting for something that may never come.
This is exactly what is going through my head. The good news is I have a script from the doc at the anti aging clinic so I'm covered from that angle. It's just the endocrinologist who is skeptical. My GP is hesitant but she will help me monitor anything I want. Shes good but cautious.

hmm, interesting. How do they get access in the event you die?
Privacy is lost upon death. I worked in social work for over 15 years and when a client died we were allowed to give out information. We wouldn't other then that they died and contact information about family etc. but we never shared intimate details out of respect.

destroyer

Registered
Hi guys. Brief history. Spring of 2016 ran a12 week cycle, 500mg test cyp/week and added a little winstrol the last 4 weeks (25-50mg/day). Last dose was early July 2016. I was 43. Come off with good pct but by November I was feeling brutal anxiety and depression. Worst I've ever had. Couldn't eat, lost 25 lbs... Always felt super stressed, emotional, would cry very easily. This lasted into January of this year. I started doing some reading here and asked my doc for t testing. We did a couple tests to be sure the levels were accurate. The last test was in May of this year, 10 months post cycle. T comes back low, I don't remember the levels but they were low. After trying a few things I end up on androgel, 5 mg/day. I feel better, symptoms improve t levels are in your range but I want to switch to injectables. My GP isn't comfortable with that and refers me to an Endo. I also book an appointment at an anti aging clinic. So on Dec 5 I go to the anti aging clinic after getting a ton of bloodwork. I've been doing keto and everything looks great except t and e. I got my bloodwork done before taking my androgel that day. They want to start me on t-cyp, arimidex and dhea. Sweet. Two days later I go to the Endo, I tell him about my cycle etc (I didn't mention my cycle to the anti aging clinic). Endo wants me to stop everything for 8-10 months. Thinks I may just be shut down due to cycle. Also says my t ratio to shbg is normal which I didn't understand. I am quite worried about going back to the shitty feeling I had with low test one year ago. What are the chances I was still going to bounce back from my cycle last spring. I waited almost a year, did a good pct but still had low t in May. I may have been low prior to the cycle but don't have blood from then. I may have been shut down permanently from the cycle due to my age... There's no way to tell now. Do you think it's worth it to ride out the next 10 months to see if I can produce test on my own? Sorry, I know this is a lot but value the opinions and knowledge of those of you that have been through this. Any questions... Ask away ...

It is very rare for a 40+ year old man to stay young without trt. IMO trt=stage 1 anti ageing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk