What's new

Dorian Yates HIT Program

Thread starter Banned #1

catburgler

resident troll
Registered
Always done higher volume sets with lower intensity.

Recently switched to Yates HIT program and have been getting great results. The muscle gained is hard and decent striations. Not soft looking. I also like being out of the gym in an hour. After last set on each exersize the muscle burn is almost intolerable.

What you guys think of his style workout?

Yes been training this way for most of my years in the gym Many guys/trainers/friends/other gym people think I'm nuts...but I figure if you can't go in and blast your muscles in under an hour - you're doing something wrong.

Glad you're on board and enjoying the results.

Thread starter Banned #3

catburgler

resident troll
Registered
Yes been training this way for most of my years in the gym Many guys/trainers/friends/other gym people think I'm nuts...but I figure if you can't go in and blast your muscles in under an hour - you're doing something wrong.

Glad you're on board and enjoying the results.
Nice. Yea i never see people do this in the gym they (most people) just tiddle about doing sfupid curls or whatever When i load the leg press with 1000ibs or over get some looks. Or barbel rowing 3 plates.

Jdave

Registered
It’s a HIGH intensity, high volume set. If it was low intensity it’d just be cardio. I don’t think I could get the same stimulations or growth from a lower frequency work out (I believe he trained each part once a week).

I have “my own version” (ie a cheap shitty knock off version lol) of this: first three days of the week do the whole body in 4x8-12 basic rep set style (not taken to failure but still challenging and hard)
Then a day off, and then the whole body done in two days with the HIT- one or two warm up sets, nothing crazy - and then the all out set... usually in excess of 20 sometimes 25-30 reps. To get so many reps but still have it be challenging weight I use drop sets, rest pause, partials-for-burnouts, etc. so final set might start at 5 reps at heavy heavy weight, but through all the drop sets and what not I may hit 30 reps by the end

Thread starter Banned #5

catburgler

resident troll
Registered
No
It’s a HIGH intensity, high volume set. If it was low intensity it’d just be cardio. I don’t think I could get the same stimulations or growth from a lower frequency work out (I believe he trained each part once a week).

I have “my own version” (ie a cheap shitty knock off version lol) of this: first three days of the week do the whole body in 4x8-12 basic rep set style (not taken to failure but still challenging and hard)
Then a day off, and then the whole body done in two days with the HIT- one or two warm up sets, nothing crazy - and then the all out set... usually in excess of 20 sometimes 25-30 reps. To get so many reps but still have it be challenging weight I use drop sets, rest pause, partials-for-burnouts, etc. so final set might start at 5 reps at heavy heavy weight, but through all the drop sets and what not I may hit 30 reps by the end
Hmm cant comment on your version never tried full body workouts ever. But yeah sometimes if i feel recovered i will skip a rest day and workout. Have to be on heavy roid cycle though.

Jdave

Registered
My bad I didn’t meant I do the whole body every day for 3 days and then again for two
I mean I go through all muscles within three days
(So first three days, Day one: Chest tri shoulders. Day two: biceps rear delts abs, traps. Day three: back, hams/glutes, quads, calfs).
Then a day off and then last two days before another day off, Hit day one: chest, triceps, shoulders, back, abs, Hit Day two: rear delts, traps, biceps, quads, ham/glutes, calfs)
If that makes sense

This helped me add the mass to step on stage.

So with 6 trophies ( top 3) I, happy with the results.

I have both of his books that were sold in the late 90's.

Now I do the same amounts of sets, but slowed the reps tempo down and don't do the drop sets or rest pause.

iRep

Registered
I’ve been wanting to actually pick it up and try it but haven’t gotten around to buying it yet lol

Testbear

Registered
This is what I am doing right now. I always go back to it when my workout ADHD starts to come and I am doing too many exercises and too much volume and not enough intensity. Right now it takes me about 2 sets on incline bench and 2-3 sets dips to fry my chest on compounds using max intensity. Then I finish it up with pecdec, max stretching and contraction, been working great. Back is a work horse and needs a bit more volume. Legs I don't want any bigger so just maintenance.

This kind of training is very straight foreword, satisfying and easier to track progress

I always work up to two main sets per exercise. First one to failure and the second one past failure with drop sets and test pause.

Works great, keeps volume low and gets me in and out of the gym quick so I can recover and train more days per week.