What's new

DSIP

HungryMfkr

Super Heavyweight
Anyone got feedback on this peptide ?

My sleep is broken and it's been a while, I was researching something else and stumbled upon dsip.

I have yet to read any secondary effect and dosages (an old dr juice thread suggest 250-300mcg 2h before bed)

Bigtuna84

Super Moderator
Did absolutely nothing for me for sleep. I used it during PCT for it’s ability to raise LH and FSH (theoretically). I did have a colleague who mentioned he had success using it to quickly reestablish circadian rhythm after long flights through different time zones.

Most peptides are sketchy. I’d recommend not using this one and considering alternative methods to treat sleep. It’s best to stay away from the super exotic research chemicals ie. pathway disablers , exercise/sleep in a bottle. Disabling pathways and forcing your body into endogenous overdrive yields a lot of risk.

Last edited:

HungryMfkr

Super Heavyweight
Did absolutely nothing for me for sleep. I used it during PCT for it’s ability to raise LH and FSH. I did have a colleague who mentioned he had success using it to quickly reestablish circadian rhythm after long flights through different time zones.

Most peptides are sketchy. I’d recommend not using this one and considering alternative methods to treat sleep. It’s best to stay away from the super exotic research chemicals ie. pathway disables, exercise/sleep in a bottle. Disabling pathways and forcing your body into endogenous overdrive yields a lot of risk.
Thanks for the input, what would be your alternative suggestions ?

Last edited:

Bigtuna84

Super Moderator
Thanks the input, what would be your alternative suggestions ?
L-Theanine
Phenibut
B vitamin complex (something high in b6 and b12)
Magnesium
Melatonin optional (I personally hate melatonin)

Kavalactones may also have promising relaxing (perhaps even a mild sedative) properties that could be beneficial to the hormone user but unfortunately my experience in this area is ‘nil’. The extract should be easy enough to obtain Ive been told it smells like feet. @Lumetic is a sharp fella I’d be interested in hearing his thoughts on Kavalactones

Last edited:

HungryMfkr

Super Heavyweight
L-Theanine
Phenibut
Magnesium

Kavalactones may also have promising relaxing (perhaps even a mild sedative) properties that could be beneficial to the hormone user but unfortunately my experience in this area is ‘nil’. @Lumetic is a sharp fella I’d be interested in hearing his thoughts on Kavalactones
I had bad experiences with melatonin, one of my pre teen never did his nights while baby, doc suggested this route, long story short we ended up worstening the situation.

I don't know if he henerited his sleep quality from me but he's still talking or occasionnaly yelling in his sleep lmao

BigBen

Super Heavyweight
Melatonin is a weird one. Too much can disrupt sleep. I can't say I ever experienced any benefit from it, but they do make a liquid version so that you can take what I would call microdoses. Those who advocate small doses, like 1/10th -1/4 of what you typically find in tablets, believe that more closely mimics what naturally occurs.

thinkfree

Super Heavyweight
I have tried ALL the above mentioned for my insomnia (2hrs max per night) with no luck.
I know a lot of people that have had success with THC/CBD oil, which I was also prescribed but again no luck at all, even at higher doses.. may work for you though as I have seen a lot of reviews from my clinic on sleep effects of it.

HungryMfkr

Super Heavyweight
I have tried ALL the above mentioned for my insomnia (2hrs max per night) with no luck.
I know a lot of people that have had success with THC/CBD oil, which I was also prescribed but again no luck at all, even at higher doses.. may work for you though as I have seen a lot of reviews from my clinic on sleep effects of it.
Ive done thc and cbd. As for alcohol I think the mecanism of deep sleep is disturbed with thc. I did sleep, but never felt resplenishing and still would wake up. I noticed that if I'd take it too soon it would create activation at some point, if I timed it correctly i.e. after supper it would "work" best.

Another thing that I dislike about it is that it creates an addiction and it's a vicious circle.

thinkfree

Super Heavyweight
Ive done thc and cbd. As for alcohol I think the mecanism of deep sleep is disturbed with thc. I did sleep, but never felt resplenishing and still would wake up. I noticed that if I'd take it too soon it would create activation at some point, if I timed it correctly i.e. after supper it would "work" best.

Another thing that I dislike about it is that it creates an addiction and it's a vicious circle.
I dropped the THC/CBD as it did shit all for me.. When I took a higher dose as suggested by my clinic, it just made me feel all kinds of fucked, spinning..etc. so I didn't sleep much at all that time 🤔

Hoping my next clinic follow up they can do a bunch more blood work and see if they find anything at all. Otherwise, if you do find anything that works to KEEP you asleep (no problem falling asleep for me), send me a message as I am always on the hunt.

HungryMfkr

Super Heavyweight
I dropped the THC/CBD as it did shit all for me.. When I took a higher dose as suggested by my clinic, it just made me feel all kinds of fucked, spinning..etc. so I didn't sleep much at all that time 🤔

Hoping my next clinic follow up they can do a bunch more blood work and see if they find anything at all. Otherwise, if you do find anything that works to KEEP you asleep (no problem falling asleep for me), send me a message as I am always on the hunt.
I quitted on the 26th of january, I was on it since +- 3 years. I was a good 2 weeks with maybe 1 or 2 hour per nights, sex helps... then returned to my light sleep or/and insomnia and occasionnal sweaty nightmares that I don't remember. The stink of the sweat took about 3 weeks to come back to a normal smell. Took a week of cbd oil to counteract the withrawal effects and to my surprise it helped.

I'd gladly share if I find something

BigBen

Super Heavyweight
My wife has terrible insomnia, caused by the neuropathy from past chemotherapy, and probably the drugs she is currently on. She can't take ashwagandha because we fear it might stimulate breast cancer. She takes thc but I'm not sure how well that works. She went through a lot of failures to get a correct dose that helps her. Even at that, it isn't that great. She has prescriptions for pretty much all the popular sleeping pills, but they only work for a while. I got her going on gabapentin because it seemed to work for me (used it for a short stint when I had a neck injury), but even that quit working after a while.

thinkfree

Super Heavyweight
I quitted on the 26th of january, I was on it since +- 3 years. I was a good 2 weeks with maybe 1 or 2 hour per nights, sex helps... then returned to my light sleep or/and insomnia and occasionnal sweaty nightmares that I don't remember. The stink of the sweat took about 3 weeks to come back to a normal smell. Took a week of cbd oil to counteract the withrawal effects and to my surprise it helped.

I'd gladly share if I find something
Going on over 6 months with 2hrs a night sleep now myself.. some weeks a total of 4 hrs for the WHOLE week.
I didn't know it could cause withdrawals, good to know. I was only on for like a month so hoping no issues there for me.

but even that quit working after a while.
Thats the issue with anything I try.. seems like "oh that wasn't as bad a sleep".. then by the 3rd or 4th time I try its back to shit sleep.

DutchCanadian

Super Heavyweight
I had bad experiences with melatonin, one of my pre teen never did his nights while baby, doc suggested this route, long story short we ended up worstening the situation.

I don't know if he henerited his sleep quality from me but he's still talking or occasionnaly yelling in his sleep lmao
Taking melatonin has shown that it will decrease your body’s natural output which in turn makes the problem worse. That stuff fucked me up for a while,

take a lot of b6 and magnesium/zinc now and honestly I sleep 8 hours a night sound as fuck.

Goldenrod

VET
Anyone got feedback on this peptide ?

My sleep is broken and it's been a while, I was researching something else and stumbled upon dsip.

I have yet to read any secondary effect and dosages (an old dr juice thread suggest 250-300mcg 2h before bed)

Do you know why you aren't sleeping? The remedy will be dependent on the cause. I fought insomnia for years and am doing much better but not always. I tried herbal remedies, peptides, and prescription medications that aren't addictive.
I would be cautious taking phenibut for sleep. Bigtuna is right and it will work and I have some in my cupboard but rarely take it. It will take a few hours to kick in and it will work but it is addictive hitting your gabaB receptors and to some degree your gabaA receptors in the same way alcohol does. Benzo meds tend to hit the GabaA receptors more so.

If you take higher doses or more than a few times a week, you can expect rebound insomnia, anxiety, and withdrawal. If you have the willpower to use it periodically, it would help knock you out.

The only melatonin I will use is dual action - long lasting with a few mg's being released in the first 4 hours and the rest hours later. Otherwise, it will knock me out but never lasts and I am up in a few hours. Melatonin has a long list of health benefits so if I can take it I always will.

If your not sleeping due to stress or anxiety, kava kava can help according to studies but it often takes weeks. I tried it for two months and found it useless. I would prefer not to take prescription meds but a non addictive sleep agent that works is Remeron (Mirtazapine), If I can't sleep, I take 7.5 mg and I'm knocked out in an hour. It is an anti-depressant in much higher doses. It is also used off label to increase human's and animal's appetites. Vets regularly prescribe it for for dogs that won't eat and the same for people who have a problem eating enough and may be suffering from sarcopenia. It does make you want to eat 30 min to an hour after you take it unless your sleeping. This can be a benefit if you are trying to bulk.

Please let us know what is causing the sleep issues if you know.

HungryMfkr

Super Heavyweight
Please let us know what is causing the sleep issues if you know.
I've been explained that part of it is from the reptilian brain chemestry being messed up by too much adrenaline rush.

I attribute part of it as deprivation from (career) training to actual function and hypervigilance. I'm out of this lifestyle for couple years now.

Thc as helped for some time but I dislike being being addicted to something or in a second state. One embrace the other and I find that an incestual relationship.

Last night was a good night, woke up 2 or 3 times and didn't heard the wife's alarm but was aware of her getting up (she's usually a snoozer) so I must of been knock out from the poor week of sleep.

As multiple of you guys suggested, I'll grab some zma and b6-12 and try that out for a while prior anything else.

nomorals

Super Heavyweight
You could also look into gaba .
Regular GABA as a supplement does not cross the blood brain barrier and is pretty much useless as a supplement IMO. The issue with most of the stuff that works is they end up being highly addictive.

The biggest recommendation for natural stuff I tell people is get a quality Magnesium supplement like Glycinate or Citrate and take 300-400mg pre-bed with some L-theanine. Other than that if you are taking caffeine you may be more hyper sensitive than you think, if your sleep is being that effected try dropping it completely and exhausting yourself with cardio.

Lumetic

Middleweight
L-Theanine
Phenibut
Magnesium

Kavalactones may also have promising relaxing (perhaps even a mild sedative) properties that could be beneficial to the hormone user but unfortunately my experience in this area is ‘nil’. The extract should be easy enough to obtain Ive been told it smells like feet. @Lumetic is a sharp fella I’d be interested in hearing his thoughts on Kavalactones

For sleep, I don't know that I would put a lot of faith (long term) in Kava. Kava is said to be a relaxant, and perhaps intoxicant is a better descriptor, sort of like ethanol. Responses, even within an individual, can vary. Set and setting with any drug is important, and whatever the human is bringing to the table at that moment (stress, happiness, anger) will affect drug response.

For any one looking for something to try, Doxylamine Succinate, it is an OTC sedating antihistamine, although not all pharmacy chains carry either a branded or generic product. Diphenhydramine is similarly a sedating antihistamine and not the same in terms of sleep. Do not let the Pharmacist talk you into 'this' when you want 'that'.