What's new

DSIP

nomorals

Super Heavyweight
For sleep, I don't know that I would put a lot of faith (long term) in Kava. Kava is said to be a relaxant, and perhaps intoxicant is a better descriptor, sort of like ethanol. Responses, even within an individual, can vary. Set and setting with any drug is important, and whatever the human is bringing to the table at that moment (stress, happiness, anger) will affect drug response.

For any one looking for something to try, Doxylamine Succinate, it is an OTC sedating antihistamine, although not all pharmacy chains carry either a branded or generic product. Diphenhydramine is similarly a sedating antihistamine and not the same in terms of sleep. Do not let the Pharmacist talk you into 'this' when you want 'that'.
Curious why Doxylamine is considered more efficacious for sleep over Diphed? I usually use benadryl as a sleep aid if I really need help. Always interesting info from you @Lumetic

HungryMfkr

Super Heavyweight
Update.

So it's been approx a week on zmX, (zinc magnesium and b6), 3 pills before bed. I didn't have any high hopes but I find that my sleep is better. Doesn't help getting asleep or sleep longer nor not waking up (maybe less often) but I wake up more rested and more relaxed.

nomorals

Super Heavyweight
If that helps get a good seperate Magnesium Glycinate or Citrate. The ZMA formulations usually have shitty ones and that's what's relaxing you. Something like 70%+ of the population is deficient in it.