What's new

Epic coaching rant

Middleweight
Not sure who this guy was but it was great kick in the ass speech which I think today's kids need to hear more often, on the field and in the classroom.

"The only way to be a champion is to working your fucking ass off." Wise words.

Daway

Super Heavyweight
I'm more pissed that in this day and age people don't know how to record in landscape

Lex

Super Heavyweight
Not sure who this guy was but it was great kick in the ass speech which I think today's kids need to hear more often, on the field and in the classroom.

"The only way to be a champion is to working your fucking ass off." Wise words.
agree. the schools now teach kids that "everyones a winner" heres your medal for last place, congratulations! there was no discipline when I went to school and its only gotten worse since I graduated years and years ago, I can tell. dont remember kids ever blasting their shitty mumble rap on loudspeakers when I was young but see it everywhere now, cringey stuff.

good vid btw love me a motivational rant

Walkerblocker

Super Heavyweight
Fuck yeah! Sadly if you talked to kids like this today you would very likely lose your position. People need to pull their heads out of the sand. This is strong leadership, this guy gives a shit about his team. Real leadership isn’t always pretty and it shouldn’t be.

I was so lost before I served and I count my blessings for all the things I learned under true leadership. I likely wouldn’t be half the man I am today if it wasn’t for motherfuckers like this guy!

methodair

VET
This is a beauty, Wally Backman has a go at his team after the game and dresses them down. Any of us older guys probably had a coach similar to this coming up in the 80’s 😂

We need more people like that, who are not afraid to tell it like it is, in this snowflake era.

Reminds me of the infamous Buddy Rich bus tirade:

Last edited:

peales

Super Heavyweight
Wally Backman was a helluva hard nose player in the 80’s for the Mets.
Hated him because they beat my beloved Red Sox in the 86 World Series.

Loved the speech and he spoke how he played the game!

My little league coach in the 80’s would give us similar speeches without the swear words Lol