What's new

Ever heard of muscle overgrowth?

Luce

This was mentioned as a possible cause of pain in one of my shoulders. Does this even make sense?

Testbear

Rookie
This was mentioned as a possible cause of pain in one of my shoulders. Does this even make sense?
I've heard that people with a legit myostatin deficiency have muscle pain due to growing too quickly. Making it painful to do certain things...but you'd already know this because you'd be able to do push-ups and pull-ups at the age of 4 lol

These people are rare I'd guess you have some sort of nerve pain or rotator cuff injury

Luce

I've heard that people with a legit myostatin deficiency have muscle pain due to growing too quickly. Making it painful to do certain things...but you'd already know this because you'd be able to do push-ups and pull-ups at the age of 4 lol
Yeah not likely then

Lol

Testbear

Rookie
Shoulder problems are very common for weight lifters. Pretty much everyone deals with it. You could get it looked at by a professional. But I've kept my shoulders healthy with proper form, lots of rear delt and rotator cuff work. Face pulls and band pull aparts are my secret weapons. They are magic

Luce

Shoulder problems are very common for weight lifters. Pretty much everyone deals with it. You could get it looked at by a professional. But I've kept my shoulders healthy with proper form, lots of rear delt and rotator cuff work. Face pulls and band pull aparts are my secret weapons. They are magic
I just had the ultrasound done. It was the technician that said that and I was pretty sure he didn't know wtf he was talking about.

Testbear

Rookie
I just had the ultrasound done. It was the technician that said that and I was pretty sure he didn't know wtf he was talking about.
Well are you a freak that resembles big rammy or something? Post a pic lol. Muscular overgrowth sounds pretty stupid to me. Sounds like a term the avg vegan would use

Luce

Well are you a freak that resembles big rammy or something? Post a pic lol. Muscular overgrowth sounds pretty stupid to me. Sounds like a term the avg vegan would use
I'm definitely not that muscular.

He also said it could be a problem with the bone that causes the impingement . He was trying to get me in for some x-rays after but they didn't have the technician there.

Sorbate

Rookie
Go to a physiotherapist and he will fix your problem. Will likely cost you $600. By the time he or she is done. Well worth the money, but pick their brain.

88rustang07

Could it be something similar to compartment syndrome? I have only seen that in calves though. Maybe your body is saying Hey bro, you're to huge, slow down lol... but seriously I hope u get fixed. Let us know what it is too.

Last edited:

Schredder

Rookie
Agreed 100%

OP over the many years Ive trained Ive spent a lot of time watching people train and one thing I have noticed is that the majority of people use a lot of shoulders during every upper body exercise because they dont train with correct form. Maybe because they dont know any better or maybe because they dont care, either way.....They end up with sore rotators and these big delts but chest, back, and arms lag behind. Could this be part of if not the whole issue in your case? And I mean no disrespect either if that came out wrong my friend.

Last edited:

Schredder

Rookie
Dont ever get an opinion from a GP or lab tech or anyone like that on the skeletal muscle system. Their knowledge on the subject is very elementary :)

Luce

Agreed 100%

OP over the many years Ive trained Ive spent a lot of time watching people train and one thing I have noticed is that the majority of people use a lot of shoulders during every upper body exercise because they dont train with correct form. Maybe because they dont know any better or maybe because they dont care, either way.....They end up with sore rotators and these big delts but chest, back, and arms lag behind. Could this be part of if not the whole issue in your case? And I mean no disrespect either if that came out wrong my friend.
That is very likely the case for me. I just train at home without any guidance on technique.

GuyFawkes

Rookie
shoulders are a bitch, I've kept up on all my rehab and proper warm up techniques etc, but i've got genetically loose shoulder sockets, I have to stay ontop of it. due to some work circumstances, mines now pretty fucked, impingement, inflamation, and bursitis all at once, its a mother fucker, Physio is helping but its a slow process, and I've had to shut down upper body lifts, and focus on band work etc,

hotrods1212

Rookie
I'm definitely not that muscular.

He also said it could be a problem with the bone that causes the impingement . He was trying to get me in for some x-rays after but they didn't have the technician there.
You will need an MRI to see if you have a impingement, I had surgery last year

Luce

You will need an MRI to see if you have a impingement, I had surgery last year
Yes I had gone for an MRI and I do have an impingement. Opted for the steroid shot instead of physio and so far so good