What's new

Exogenous T3 effect on my bloods TSH/Free T4/Free/T3

Thread starter #1
Ok really didnt know where to put this one, sorry if it's not in the right place.

I had blood drawn 15 hours after my last 75mcg dose of Tiromel.
I expect to see low TSH number since my body production is shutdown by the use of exogenous T3, but i thought i would have see high Total T3 number.

So for the first drawn :
TSH : 0.480 mU/L (0.380-5.330) Expected as i'm shutdown with exogenous T3
Free T4 : 3.7 pmol/L (7.8-19.2) Why so low?
Free T3 : 1.2 nmol/L (1.3-2.8) Why so low?

Second drawn 65 hours later :
TSH : 1.379 mU/L (0.380-5.330) Already back ''ON'', this number looks like my every year TSH check-up
Free T4 : 7.8 pmol/L (7.8-19.2) Double but still on the low side
Free T3 : 1.0 nmol/L (1.3-2.8) Even lower, what the hell?

Anyone can help figure this?

Thread starter #4
I assume that your T3 is UGL? It would appear to he bunk.
It shut my TSH down on my first bloods so i assume it was real but the Total T3 was low so it kinda weird.

It was abdi ibrahim tiromel, suposed to be good stuff normally

Your bloods make perfect sense , anyone with thyroid issues will agree. It all comes down to half life’s.

Your T4 will always be low when taking T3 , your body isn’t producing it as levels are already satisfied. Checking T4 while taking T3 is kind of like checking your LH and FSH when supplementing with testosterone.

Your TSH was low , which it should be being 15 hours after your last dose. Your T3 will already be dropping regardless of your dose it has a short half life 4-6 hours for most people. Talk to anyone dialing thyroid meds in if you time your bloods wrong your free T3 will be sky high or it’ll be low , it’s the roller coaster effect. That is why T3 should be dosed multiple times thoughout the day.

65 hours after last dose your TSH will be slowly creeping up , free T3 will be dropping and technically your free T4 could be recoverying already as in your case it did. It’s in recovery mode now , if you did bloods a week later your TSH will be higher , T4 will be up and you’ll slowly see the free T3 climb back up.

It doesn’t matter what your TSH is when you are in a recovered state , you’ll TSH will probaly spike to 3.5-4 easily then slowly creep back down to normal if your Lucky. A lot of people are fucking there thyroids up these days.

Next time taking 75MCG a day , spilt it over 3 doses if possible but 2 will work fine. Then check mid way through the day for FreeT3.

Thread starter #6
Your bloods make perfect sense , anyone with thyroid issues will agree. It all comes down to half life’s.

Your T4 will always be low when taking T3 , your body isn’t producing it as levels are already satisfied. Checking T4 while taking T3 is kind of like checking your LH and FSH when supplementing with testosterone.

Your TSH was low , which it should be being 15 hours after your last dose. Your T3 will already be dropping regardless of your dose it has a short half life 4-6 hours for most people. Talk to anyone dialing thyroid meds in if you time your bloods wrong your free T3 will be sky high or it’ll be low , it’s the roller coaster effect. That is why T3 should be dosed multiple times thoughout the day.

65 hours after last dose your TSH will be slowly creeping up , free T3 will be dropping and technically your free T4 could be recoverying already as in your case it did. It’s in recovery mode now , if you did bloods a week later your TSH will be higher , T4 will be up and you’ll slowly see the free T3 climb back up.

It doesn’t matter what your TSH is when you are in a recovered state , you’ll TSH will probaly spike to 3.5-4 easily then slowly creep back down to normal if your Lucky. A lot of people are fucking there thyroids up these days.

Next time taking 75MCG a day , spilt it over 3 doses if possible but 2 will work fine. Then check mid way through the day for FreeT3.
Thx for this great information. You're the first one giving me usefull info on many boards i asked.
All the result i got were well explained and i understand better now.

I first tought T3 half life was over a day but from recent reseach i found it could be less than this depending of the individual and T3 level and TSH level are not working at the same time.
Still a lot to learn but i got a better picture of how it works now.

Thx again