What's new

Fat Load Info.

Cameron99

Registered
brutus said:
I'm fatloading this coming friday. I'll take some pics before weighins and some the next am!! I am cutting water early afternoon.

doing a fatload, not a shityload. reg. grnd beef, whole eggs, nat pb. snickers bars stuff like that.
PICS PICS PICS

egger

Registered
All of u got it wrong except Smart Tony. 1st off I don't think that people even know the diff between a fat load and a carb load. chocolate bars are loaded in carbs so u might think ur fat loading eating snicker bars and stuff but really ur carb loading. Fat does not fill ur muscles carbs do. ur suposed to cut salt out not add it in. When ur trully ready its hard to mess up unless u eat salty foods and drink too much water. I drank 7 liters of water after cutting my water out 8 hours before and still competed as dry as I could have handled. I only added salt right before pumping up at night so that I would not cramp up as I was started to get some leg cramps.

thickrick

Registered
egger said:
All of u got it wrong except Smart Tony. 1st off I don't think that people even know the diff between a fat load and a carb load. chocolate bars are loaded in carbs so u might think ur fat loading eating snicker bars and stuff but really ur carb loading. Fat does not fill ur muscles carbs do. ur suposed to cut salt out not add it in. When ur trully ready its hard to mess up unless u eat salty foods and drink too much water. I drank 7 liters of water after cutting my water out 8 hours before and still competed as dry as I could have handled. I only added salt right before pumping up at night so that I would not cramp up as I was started to get some leg cramps.
Each to his/her own , for me fat and salt loading worked great.. and just so you know I have competed numerous times and I have experimented with different methods... from what I understand it works because the fat and salt need water to be processed, if the water has been depleted properly there will be none left in the stomach or bladder and it will be drawn from the skin where it is being stored, which in turn will DRY you out.... for me the "JUNK LOAD" worked the best by a mile... so if it doesn't work for you thats too bad, but don't discount something that works for others!!!!!!

brutus

Registered
egger said:

I don't have it all wrong, but thanks for trying to point that out. I said I was doing a fatload. I know that sugar is a carb... all sugar are carbs, however, with the dairy and nuts in the snickers bars, my trainer feels like it is a good option for me.

Since I'm paying him for his services I think I will take his advice.

Oh and look into Scott Abels points on sodium. You don't need to drop sodium. If fact I just lowered mine for the last week prior, not cut, just lower.

you might want to do some more research before stating that fat will not load you muscles.. fat will load your muscles much more efficiently that carbs.