What's new

favorite mma fighter

Goldenrod

VET
Probably Cain Valasquez, in his prime before his injury he was the most dominant HW. Threw around guys who outweighed him by 25-40 lbs, best wrestler in his class, no wasted energy and knocked out guys all the time too. He did his talking in the ring and they threw everyone at him JDS, Brock Lesnar, etc. and it didn't matter. I wish he got to fight Fedor in his prime.
He wasn't flashy, didn't talk shit, and there is something about watching the big guys fight.

Most gifted ever - Jon Jones and still hasn't lost even with his one BS loss. Before he got it in his head he had to the be posterboy for the UFC and made terrible choices, he was incredible. Watch his Stephen Bonnar fight when everyone said poor Jones and he absolutely smashed Bonnar. Later he was happy with 5 round decisions but when he was hungry and wasn't all fucked up, he was one of the best wrestlers/creative strikers ever.

A.B

Super Heavyweight
Dan Henderson fav. Iron chin and a huge right hand.

gsp- insane amount of skill and talent and Canadian

honourable mentions- Shane Carwin. Big HW that threw heavy leather. Anderson Silva- the striking he displayed was amazing.

George, the gentleman, always thought he was a class act! Watch ...Born a Champion. if you like MMA , what a great flick!

kibrood

Super Heavyweight
Randy Couture - first pro MMA fighter I've ever met - met him in Montreal for the GSP vs Serra fight - super nice guy
GSP - nobody executes a game plan better than him (even though some think it's boring which I can understand)
Valentina Schevchenko

Dragonslayer97

Lightweight
Tony Ferguson - seeing the sheer violence and psychopathy of a man smiling and licking his lips with blood running down his entire body made me a UFC fan (referring to the Feguson vs Pettis fight here). It's a shame he's been on the decline ever since.

A.B

Super Heavyweight
Randy Couture - first pro MMA fighter I've ever met - met him in Montreal for the GSP vs Serra fight - super nice guy
GSP - nobody executes a game plan better than him (even though some think it's boring which I can understand)
Valentina Schevchenko
I was always a couture fan. When he beat Tim Sylvia that was amazing. Even tho Sylvia was the equivalent to a sloth

Justpicaname5

Super Heavyweight
I love GSP... when he was active.... after his time Khabib for sure.
But fun to watch the punchers for entertainment value.
So many greats really.
Royce Gracie will always be the original master... he came out with a style no one could figure out... back when the sport was totally different.... it forced people to train to defend against it... or they had no chance