What's new

Fertility for those on TRT (personal experience)

fmrdh

VET
Hi guys

I was on self prescribed TRT from August 2012 until Mid January 2020. I had numerous blood tests indicating low T but the three doctors I saw refused to prescribe anything other than androgel.

I never planned on having kids so fertility never even crossed my mind and if I became infertile on TRT, it wasn’t a big deal at all.

Fast forward to 2019 and with a new girl in my life, I actually wanted kids. We were trying for months but nothing was happening. My sperm count tested as 0.

I went to Mexico in early mid January and took my weekly shot before leaving. When I came back I decided I was going to come off and see if Dr Scally power PCT would not only get my sperm count back but my T level as well. I was concerned that coming off would bring back all of the pre-TRT issues (low sex drive, depression etc).

I ran the following protocol:

Day 1-16 : 2500iu HCG every other day.
Day 1-30 : Nolva 20mg/day; Clomid 100mg/day (50mg was taken twice per day)
Day 31-45 : Nolva 20mg/day

Supplementing vitamin D 3000iu / day, Zinc Picolinate 25mg / day

It hasn't even been 2 months off after 7+ years straight of being on and my girl is now pregnant and I feel great. I have been making gains in the gym and all of the pre-TRT issues are gone.

I would recommend this protocol to anyone looking to come off permanently or temporarily.

strength4dayz

Heavyweight
Thats amazing man, congrats. I was fortunate my doctor prescribed me HCG concurrent with my TRT for fertility purposes. I would be very curious to hear how your bloodwork is between 3-6 months after the PCT protocol.

NG_F

Super Heavyweight
Hi guys

I was on self prescribed TRT from August 2012 until Mid January 2020. I had numerous blood tests indicating low T but the three doctors I saw refused to prescribe anything other than androgel.

I never planned on having kids so fertility never even crossed my mind and if I became infertile on TRT, it wasn’t a big deal at all.

Fast forward to 2019 and with a new girl in my life, I actually wanted kids. We were trying for months but nothing was happening. My sperm count tested as 0.

I went to Mexico in early mid January and took my weekly shot before leaving. When I came back I decided I was going to come off and see if Dr Scally power PCT would not only get my sperm count back but my T level as well. I was concerned that coming off would bring back all of the pre-TRT issues (low sex drive, depression etc).

I ran the following protocol:

Day 1-16 : 2500iu HCG every other day.
Day 1-30 : Nolva 20mg/day; Clomid 100mg/day (50mg was taken twice per day)
Day 31-45 : Nolva 20mg/day

Supplementing vitamin D 3000iu / day, Zinc Picolinate 25mg / day

It hasn't even been 2 months off after 7+ years straight of being on and my girl is now pregnant and I feel great. I have been making gains in the gym and all of the pre-TRT issues are gone.

I would recommend this protocol to anyone looking to come off permanently or temporarily.
Congrats sir! May I ask your age, give or take a year ?

massflex

Super Heavyweight
Wow congrats !
What is ur age?
I am 6months being off after 5years trt

did the same protocol now just using hcg , HMG, Clomid

I had about 26mill sperm last check up.

you’re lucky it happened quick!! No
Lucky yet on my end .

Last edited:

xpac2

VET
Wow congrats !
What is ur age?
I am 6months being off after 5years trt

did the same protocol now just using hcg , HMG, Clomid

I had about 26mill sperm last check up.

you’re lucky it happened quick!! No
Lucky yet on my end .
How are you feeling?

massflex

Super Heavyweight
How are you feeling?
not as good as when on trt (150mg/week)
Strength and recovery are down. Libido is down.
body is still holding same weight but less vascular and less pop to the muscle.
hopefully soon!
the hcg does help a bit keeping energy and mood

fmrdh

VET
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I am almost 35 and prior to TRT I had no AAS history. I ran TRT doses up to 200mg which put my hemaocrit sky high. It also put my T level to over 1300. In the end I settled at 60mg a week which is low but all things considered, I was healthy and felt good overall.

Honestly I feel really good, mentally and physically. I've been training hard and actually recovering from workouts, which is something that really suffered with low T. I haven't lost any size or anything like that yet, I am about 190lb 5'7 pretty lean and my diet is on point.

I experienced no sides from the protocol. Some have weird issues with clomid but I never noticed anything.

NG_F

Super Heavyweight
Yes, 35 is a good age where production of LHRH and FSH is still viable.
As long as you stick to a protocol such as yours, natural gonadotropin recovery is very doable. Even if one had to increase HCG dose to 5000 3x weekly or increase duration of clomid administration.
Some men want to restore potent fertility or not rely on Exogenous test, as this doesn't supply all the other essential Hormones and Neurohormones to facilitate proper potent erections and Libido.

It get a little more tricky at 40 +

massflex

Super Heavyweight
During this time did you try for intercourse every day or every other day? Starting after her period? Untill ovulation is done

NG_F

Super Heavyweight
In all honesty we really didn't keep track of any of that... we just hit the sheets daily and on weekends more than that lol
Congrats @fmrdh ,

Here's wishing you and yours the best of Health and a smooth delivery for your girl!

Was there any mood alterations during Clomid usage, fatigue or anything else you may have encountered ?