What's new

Fitness influencer apologizes after flood of customers call her programs a scam

• Admin

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- Well I can't pretend to say I'm surprised by this. The whole YouTube influencer thing is a disaster that's not waiting to happen, it's already been happening and blowing up in people's faces for some time now. What do you really expect to happen when you decide to fervently follow one of these YouTube personalities and take their word or instruction as gospel? For the most part these "influencers" are just regular people with no credentials, special schooling, or certification; they likely have no proven track record outside the YouTube universe for that matter. So now this Brittany Dawn, who has over 500,000 followers on Instagram, promised fans personalized training and nutrition programs, but some say she didn't deliver -- 4,000 fans and upward have said she hasn't delivered but simply pocketed their money.

If I understand correctly, YouTube influencers such as Brittany receive a commendation at 500,000 subscribers. I think you get a silver "Play Button" award or something similar. On top of this I also believe they start getting paid when a certain threshold of subscribers, or viewers, is met; plus extra financial awards when viewers redeem a special product code for any particular item an influencer might be schilling. Having said that I believe that YouTube should be expected to be culpable to some extent. After all, it's their platform these influencers are using to earn profits, and by way of advertising dollars, so is YouTube. I can't help but think that by allowing these influencers to be commended, urged on, and financially rewarded by YouTube that they should be allowed to avoid legal ramifications altogether. They must have some mighty powerful lawyers on their side!

Previous 2018 Article about the Influencer Culture Dilemma

Riplec

Super Heavyweight
I was wondering when that would pop, just like the transformation contests, the CUSTOM diet plans, the rewards prizes, the fly over trips. all that is garbage.

It is so funny how people hire these Pros that eat 6-8 times a day, train 2-3h a day, cardio,all the expos, public appearances, the social medias yet people hire them for diet plans and they think its THEM doing their plan or that they will have any serious time to offer ... I mean cmon people.

xpac2

VET
Shes a douchebag glad she is finally being called out for her bullshit. Too little too late though she has scammed so many people

manfreakyca

Super Heavyweight
She sounds like a doll!! But if i was single i give her a nice fitness move on them.legs like a wish bone!! And make her moan!

JohnnyNix

Super Heavyweight
The average person is pretty stupid to be honest. Why would you pay hundreds of dollars to someone you've never met or talked to for meal plans and or workout plans. You could have a personal trainer for cheaper and find everything you need to know online.

Honestly there's a huge market for this shit because the YouTube/instagram/snapchat generation see how they look and will spend hundreds of dollars to try and look like them. These social media fitness people are making bank off it.