What's new

Flaxseed with alpha lipoic acid

Goldenrod

Rookie
Sorry - if I’m posting a lot of articles on fatty liver but I read what I have to be concerned about and figure why not share what I find. Some of the old school bodybuilders - 15- 20 years ago - would take flaxseed oil when taking orals. This study has two substances in it.
Studies sometimes contradict each other over a period of years but I haven’t found any linking flaxseed oil to health issues - this one is relatively new, 2013.
Fish oil which is known to be a great substance with health benefits even has a few studies indicating people who take fish oil over a long period of time, forget the time period, have a higher incidence of NAFL. Everything in moderation I suspect, I still take it.
Have a great Sunday.

https://lipidworld.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1476-511X-12-58

Jdave

Rookie
What about fish oil on a low fat diet? The study cites high fat diets causing NAFLD and you said fish oil consumption is associated with NAFLD... is that fish oil consumption on a normal/moderate or moderately high fat diet?

Goldenrod

Rookie
What about fish oil on a low fat diet? The study cites high fat diets causing NAFLD and you said fish oil consumption is associated with NAFLD... is that fish oil consumption on a normal/moderate or moderately high fat diet?
Keep in mind I said there is conflicting evidence. I read several studies indicating fish oil is good for your liver. I found one study indicating people who take fish oil regularly over an extended period had a higher incidence of nafl - it didn’t discuss their general eating habits. I have nafl and have never had high fat diet, been overweight, etc. Most info indicates they don’t know the cause all the time. My doctor thinks it was from mono / I was one of the unlucky ones and it attack day liver. 3-5 months of very high liver enzymes and pain. It did subside. Sorry for the ambiguous answer - I will find the study and post it.

Goldenrod

Rookie

SonOfOdin

Rookie
Sorry - if I’m posting a lot of articles on fatty liver but I read what I have to be concerned about and figure why not share what I find. Some of the old school bodybuilders - 15- 20 years ago - would take flaxseed oil when taking orals. This study has two substances in it.
Studies sometimes contradict each other over a period of years but I haven’t found any linking flaxseed oil to health issues - this one is relatively new, 2013.
Fish oil which is known to be a great substance with health benefits even has a few studies indicating people who take fish oil over a long period of time, forget the time period, have a higher incidence of NAFL. Everything in moderation I suspect, I still take it.
Have a great Sunday.

https://lipidworld.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1476-511X-12-58
It’s always nice to get continuous information thanks GDR!