What's new

Greg Doucette Targeted for Steroid Testing Because Anti-Doping Officials Held a Vendetta Against Him

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
zSXnjGp.jpg

IFBB Pro Greg Doucette Targeted for Steroid Testing Because Anti-Doping Officials Held a Vendetta Against Him
November 11th, 2018

The Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport was out to get Greg Doucette because of his past involvement with steroids

IFBB professional bodybuilder Greg Doucette strongly suspected that he was targeted for steroid testing because anti-doping officials “held a grudge and had a vendetta” against him for previous anti-doping rule violations (ADRVs) and criminal steroid-related convictions.

Doucette was suspended for eight years after he refused to provide a urine sample following his participation in the 2018 Tour de Keji in Nova Scotia on May 26, 2018.

Koehler, a DCO employed by the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES) to collect his sample, told Doucette that he had randomly been selected for drug testing. This was not true.

The CCES had apparently never previously tested any cyclists at local races in Nova Scotia. The CCES did not bother to test any of the winners at the 2018 Tour de Keji. They only tested one person – Greg Doucette. Doucette placed 11th out of 19 cyclists in the novice Category C.

Doucette used steroids as an IFBB pro bodybuilder and was convicted of operating Canadian UGL called Cypher Pharm

Doucette was clearly targeted due to his past. The CCES specifically targeted him because of his previous ADRV, his participation in non-drug tested IFBB bodybuilding competitions and his felony conviction for operating a clandestine steroid UGL.

In 2010, the CCES suspended Doucette for two years after he tested positive for steroids during a powerlifting competition. Doucette “retired” from competing in drug-tested powerlifting events following his suspension. Doucette only competed in powerlifting and bodybuilding competitions that were not drug tested.

In 2012, a Halifax provincial court judge sentenced Doucette to a 20-month conditional sentence and a $50,000 fine after he was convicted of possessing, smuggling, importing, trafficking and distributing anabolic steroids. The conviction was based on his operation of a domestic underground laboratory (UGL) in Canada called “Cypher Pharm”.

Allan Stitt, an independent arbitrator overseeing Doucette’s appeal, found Koehler actions to be totally inappropriate. Stitt reprimanded Koehler for falsely claiming that Doucette had been randomly selected when it was obviously not true. Stitt also instructed the CCES to instruct all of its DCOs to avoid lying about the random selection of athletes in the future.

So Doucette was correct in stating that the CCES was out to get him. Unfortunately, this is how anti-doping officials operate. CCES openly admits discriminating against and targeting specific athletes as part of its anti-doping enforcement policy.

“The CCES is permitted to choose from which athletes to obtain samples and the CCES may target athletes to test if the CCES suspects that those athletes are not operating within the rules,” Stitt said. “The CCES is not required to only select those athletes who have a good result in competition.”

talon007

Rookie
brutal he was clearly a target. had they tested a few people as well as him it would be a little less obvious. The fact he placed 11th and is the only one tested Hell I probably would have refused a test also

• Admin

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
BKVD1JJ.jpg

IFBB Pro Greg Doucette Thought Drug Tester Was a “Creep” Who Just Wanted to Watch Him Pee in a Cup
November 12th, 2018

Greg Doucette Suspended for Eight Years After Refusing Steroid Test at Local Cycling Race

IFBB pro bodybuilder Greg Doucette was suspended for 8 years after refusing to provide a urine sample following his participation in a local cycling event. Doucette justified his refusal by claiming he did not believe the doping control officer (DCO) was really who he said he was.

William Koehler, a DCO with the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES), approached Doucette following his participation in the 2018 Tour de Keji. The Tour de Keji is a three-stage race sanctioned by Bicycle Nova Scotia (BNS).

Doucette claimed he did not know the Tour de Keji race was a drug-tested event. He signed up just to have some fun and make some friends. But by joining the BNS, Doucette had signed up and purchased a Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) license. This automatically made him subject to UCI Drug Test Regulations and CCES Anti-Doping Rules.

Doucette thought the CCES drug tester was a creep who wanted to see his penis

Doucette was surprised that he was asked to provide a urine sample. Consequently, Doucette thought the DCO was some random “creep” pretending to be a DCO so that he could watch him pull out his penis and pee in a cup.

Of course, this is exactly what DCOs are supposed to do. According to the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES), athletes are required to “disrobe from mid-torso to mid-thigh” so that the DCOs can have “an unobstructed view of the passing of the sample”.

Doucette reported having unpleasant experiences with strangers pretending to be DCOs in the past. So Doucette thought Koehler was just another creep who approached him because he was a “somewhat famous bodybuilder”. And the DCO bit was just a pretense to convince Doucette to literally drop his drawers.

Doucette told Koehler that he was not going to provide a urine sample because he knew he would test positive for steroids anyway. Doucette had been injecting testosterone weekly for over a year as part of a hormone replacement therapy (HRT) protocol prescribed by his doctor. He did not have a therapeutic use exemption (TUE).

Now that the CCES has banned his from all drug-tested competitions in all sports for the next 8 years, Doucette has decided to continue with his comeback in bodybuilding. Doucette is planning on competing in the 2019 IFBB Toronto Pro Classic Physique competition next year.

http://instagr.am/p/Bp7PuVZFHtP/

Jdave

Official CJM Suck Baby
I think it is stupid of him to involve himself in a sport where the potential to be tested exists.
Think about it, whatever your views on the laws, personal liberties and freedoms and PEDS are... if your job is to catch PED users:
-this guy competes in bodybuilding which is all but open and comes just short of confessing itself as a pro-steroid sport at top levels
-he’s 40 and looks like a comic book hero
-oh yes and HE OPERATED A STEROID LAB.

That’s just a freebie for an antidoping agency.
Be smarter than that.

talon007

Rookie
very true I read the last of it and we was on gear and knew he would test positive, Never applied for an exemption which would have been smart. I also saw some youtube videos of him talking about how he uses alot of sarms and stuff. ya not overly smart but what gets me was he was the only one tested which now could make sense as he was online admitting use of sarms and other stuff. Thats all one would need to test one person solely

Jdave

Official CJM Suck Baby
if there were like 2 or 3 other pro body builders who looked like they’re on steroids, talking on YouTube about using performance enhancing substances and were formerly convicted of running a steroid lab then yeah I would say it’s unfair for only him to be tested.

Deetermined

Super Heavyweight
According to the Canadian Centre for Ethics in Sport (CCES), athletes are required to “disrobe from mid-torso to mid-thigh” so that the DCOs can have “an unobstructed view of the passing of the sample”.

Who tests / reviews these creepy motherf*ckers prior to them getting this job is what I'd like to know....
Don't blame him for not wanting to disrobe.

graecusromanus

Middleweight
The arbitrator said that Doucette was targeted, was not "determinative in the case". So being unfairly targeted is not grounds for refusing the test. Imagine the consquence to refusing to a pat down at airport security just because one feels unduly targeted.

Sucks to be a predetermined random sample.

Mnemonic

Super Heavyweight
What did he do? I don't know enough about him and nothing easy is coming up in google.

BC

Administrator
What did he do? I don't know enough about him and nothing easy is coming up in google.

The shortened version of the events is that the individual that used to run/own Kayne helped Greg start his very own UGL for legitimately nothing. Kayne did this as a favour to a friend and nothing beyond. Greg got incredibly careless with importing and had a host of letters from CBSA all pertaining to seizures. Despite this, and amid his endless arrogance, he continued to import APIs until his door got kicked and he got nuked. In order to save his own ass, he flipped on Kayne and all of Kayne's associates thus leading to a slew of arrests, charges, probation, numerous lives being turned upside down, people having to relocate and start fresh, etc.

Greg is the definition of a scumbag and should always be treated as such. There's less than zero excuse for being a fucking rat, and Greg not only took it upon himself to roll over, but roll over on a set of very close friends who were nothing but generous to him that asked for nothing in return.

Mnemonic

Super Heavyweight
Greg is the definition of a scumbag and should always be treated as such. There's less than zero excuse for being a fucking rat, and Greg not only took it upon himself to roll over, but roll over on a set of very close friends who were nothing but generous to him that asked for nothing in return.

Wow that's pretty fucked up.
I hope Kayne folk return/returned the favour.

Greg Douchette. heh

CurtisP

VET
He was their target for sure. All the facts testify to this. I was always wondering how steroids can discover the new frontiers of human capabilities. Protein and SARMs only help body to open up the potential but steroids are the fully new level. That is mindblowing. I was using Rats Army SARMs when I was going to the gym and I felt the enormous difference. I can't even imagine how people on steroids feel.
Eat a mother fucking dick

Top Bottom