What's new

GSP: A Return of a Legend

Thread starter #1
I'm very excited to see that GSP and the UFC have made an agreement. I feel like the UFC is in need of some star power. Brock retired, Jones is still suspended, Tate is retired, Silva is near the end of his career, Conor is focused on Mayweather, Rousey is a mess and that leaves the door open for the greatest Canadian MMA fighter of all time to return.

Who would you guys like to see him fight?

For me,
Bisping,
Diaz (either one),
Silva (even though this is not as attractive as it what years ago),
Lawler

My guess is he's running short on cash and that's the main motivation for the comeback. The thing with the return of sports standouts is, they risk flopping and the last memory of them being a fail. There's something to be said for going out while yer on top of your game ALA Barry Sanders. From the UFC's standpoint, it WILL mean more asses in seats and PPV buys 100% sure.

I wish he would stay retired. Not because I don't like him, in fact the opposite. Unfortunately most of the time when superstars return after a retirement they have lost their magic and drive and fail. Hopefully I am wrong because I don't want to see him come back and suck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YODATRON

Registered
Hope he does well usually after a fighter takes too much time off it takes their edge off he should try and fight Silva first see what he has since Silva is much older now.

Nibiru

Registered
No offence to peeps who like him..

he wins..,, not in a good way, I'm staring at the clock a lot and watching humping with his fights,
His last fight I had him losing ,,,,, I just find him a very boring fighter,... Unlike Rory (his team mate, former ufc fighter) who makes you sit on the edge, watching a war....

As everyone says though ,the ufc NEEDS a face to cash out sales

tren

Registered
Totally new playground now that USADA is involved

I'm guessing one of the main reasons he's coming back.

presa

Registered
Its going to be interesting for sure, if he's going to get an immediate title shot I think moving to middleweight and fighting Bisping would be a better choice for him because Woodley is on fire and would probably knock him out at this point in his career. I do truly respect GSP but he lost his finish fight drive when he became champion, his most exciting fights were against Matt Hughes and those we 10+ years ago.