What's new

Hairloss :(

Thread starter #1

CrankWorx

Registered
My hair has started thinning, while I dont really care as I wear a hat 90% of the time I have been looking at hair loss products.
The goto seems to me minoxidil but that apparently only works on the crown of my head.
I have also read about RU58841 which seems to be a better alternative, just a bigger pain in the butt to get a hold of as its online only.

Question is, does anyone have any real world experience with these products? I'm interested in trying them out but only if they work, otherwise I'm more than willing to embrace the fact I'll have to start shaving my head in a few years.

Britz

Registered
I use a nizoral shampoo with the rogain foam. It seems to stave off a bit of the dreaded hair loss. I have used RU before. It’s hard to say that it worked because of the nature of hair loss being gradual. I use it for the harsher cutting cycles. It’s really a crap shoot man. But it did seem to slow it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

destroyer

Registered
I use 1/5 of a Propecia per week. So far I have a think head of hair, I’m late 30s and juice ain’t as kind as it used to be. But the propecia seems to be doing the trick. I used to buy Nizoral as well before I got the finestride.

destroyer

Registered
You have only to ask yourself 1 question:

Do you care? Because hell if you want your hair with today’s advancements you can keep it.
But do you really care? Lots of ladies go for the bald look. Hell, sometimes I shave my hair down to bald just for fun! We live in an age where whether you get rid of your hair, or keep it, or grow it back, it’s totally up to you! Good times.

My hair started thinning in mid-to-late 20ies. Took a proactive approach and started on Finasteride. Been on for 10 years. It definitely slowed down the thinning but cycling makes it kick into overdrive, obviously. Still have a full head of hair but if you look closely enough you can see thinning.

Some people experience side effects on their libido/sexual function, can't say I've noticed anything.

Jdave

Registered
Also started thinning mid to late 20s
But I was too full of pride and figured fuck it- shaved my head and embraced it.

LAF316

Registered
gonna see if i can start on the Propecia soon here... have also heard of RU wondering if it really works or not... theres also CB-03-01 coming down the pipes that is supposedly soon to be available within a couple years.

Jdave

Registered
You have only to ask yourself 1 question:

Do you care? Because hell if you want your hair with today’s advancements you can keep it.
But do you really care? Lots of ladies go for the bald look. Hell, sometimes I shave my hair down to bald just for fun! We live in an age where whether you get rid of your hair, or keep it, or grow it back, it’s totally up to you! Good times.

I still doubt the effectiveness of what’s out there
I’ve seen before and after of guys use rogane and finasteride and the results are barely noticeable
I remember when people spent thousands of dollars on hair transplants that didn’t end up working.
I understand that it’s something that can have legit blows to one confidence....especially where woman are concerned. there are woman who simply won’t look at a guy who doesn’t have a full head of hair as a potential mate.... just like short guys. It doesn’t matter how jacked you look, how nice you are, how full your heart is, how much you volunteer at cat shelters or orphanages or whatever lol. Usually the one thing that trumps a full head of hair is a bank account. So those Woman aren’t worth pursuing anyways. I’m not saying all women are like that. but no woman is worth taking finasteride over.

destroyer

Registered
Hairloss 😞

I’ve seen before and after of guys use rogane and finasteride and the results are barely noticeable
I remember when people spent thousands of dollars on hair transplants that didn’t end up working.
I understand that it’s something that can have legit blows to one confidence....especially where woman are concerned. there are woman who simply won’t look at a guy who doesn’t have a full head of hair as a potential mate.... just like short guys. It doesn’t matter how jacked you look, how nice you are, how full your heart is, how much you volunteer at cat shelters or orphanages or whatever lol. Usually the one thing that trumps a full head of hair is a bank account. So those Woman aren’t worth pursuing anyways. I’m not saying all women are like that. but no woman is worth taking finasteride over.
I think some ppl are gonna be bald no matter what, some will always have think hair, then there are the ones that could land in the middle. I think this subsection of people respond best to anti hairloss stuff. I was a bit worried about propecia sides, but it does what I want at such a low dose. I agree with you about the woman thing. If a person only likes you for your hair or looks or $$, she isn’t the one for you. I’ll usually not reveal any details about my finances, or I’ll play it down like I’m just getting by like everyone else. I want to see if I will be liked for me, not for what someone thinks I have to offer...

Last edited:

destroyer

Registered
Hairloss 😞

I think there’s a lot of stuff out there now that it really depends on your investment level. Personally, I do not have to invest much cash or effort into my tiny dose of propecia. If you reconstituted RU in Midoxinil like the guy was saying in the other anti hairloss topic, washed with Nizoral, took Propecia, Topical spironlactone, biotin and took all of the shit currently available and stacked it together, you’d probably stop it from falling out even if it was shedding bad. But again, that would be very expensive over a lifetime as you can never stop minoxidil unless you want your new hair to fall out... Probably just not worth it for most.

Last edited:
I use Regenpure DR shampoo which helps slow it down a bit.. still thins though.. If you want to keep it easy at least get a shampoo that has the ketoconazole ingredient. helps stop the DHT from bonding to the hair follicle. Doesn't stop thinning but sure helps.

Some hair styles can make an illusion on thin hair.. fades are my go to. I rocked the shaved head in my rugby years and loved it, might go back.

Last edited:

Bigtuna84

Registered
I think some ppl are gonna be bald no matter what, some will always have think hair, then there are the ones that could land in the middle. I think this subsection of people respond best to anti hairloss stuff. I was a bit worried about propecia sides, but it does what I want at such a low dose. I agree with you about the woman thing. If a person only likes you for your hair or looks or $$, she isn’t the one for you. I’ll usually not reveal any details about my finances, or I’ll play it down like I’m just getting by like everyone else. I want to see if I will be liked for me, not for what someone thinks I have to offer...

Well said destroyer. I’ve always been curious about trying Propecia. Every now and again I flashback to having long hair in my early 20s and wonder what if...

JaYdEiZeL

Registered
Use a combo you’ll get the best results. Works awesome for me. Ketaconazole/minoxidil/finasteride
Not only did it stop hair loss I’ve got quite a bit of new growth. But keep in mind you gotta be patient and consistent and u gotta keep using it.
dEiZeL

Change your hairstyle as it thins, then when it's bad get a hair transplant and don't worry about it anymore.
Whatever you do DO NOT follow this advice. Even the best hair transplants look awful....hairline never looks right and then everyone knows you got one and thinks you're an insecure clown and you can't go back. Seriously.....even 'stars' with all the money in the world look idiotic with hair transplants. Plus you're taking hair from the back and you're going to continue to lose more hair as you get older. Transplant into the temple area and front and then continue to lose the rest of the horse shoe. Most hair transplant guys are laughing stocks....if not all
I'd go the propecia route....but just to prevent baldness.....it isn't really going to grow much if any hair back. Rogaine is bad as it has to be applied and can't be rinsed afterwards....so you got this foam massaged into your balding areas....and now your balding areas look even worse with the product in them that doesn't look like nice dry freshly washed hair.
Basically just shave your head. Eliminates all the stress and worries....by far the best option. I got laid far more after shaving my head than before I did.

destroyer

Registered
Hairloss 😞

I believe you can definitely keep what you have. As for regrowth, all the propecia in the world isn’t gonna do jack if you are already bald. I saw this toupee once that they used to surgically install a couple of snaps (like snaps on your jacket) under the skin of your head. You then SNAP on the toupee. No fucking thanks! Looks better than most implants... if you got 100,000 to buy plugs there gonna look way more real than 5000-10000 worth. You literally get what you pay for; but again, just choose a hero: 1) Mr. Clean OR 2)Mr. T or 3)The Rock or 4) Hulk Hogan. The hulkster rocked bald with style, didn’t give a shit to change it, and I think he actually looked pretty cool; at least I did as a kid.

Last edited: