What's new

HCG and HMG while on TRT for Fertility

Thread starter #1
My doctor has just prescribed me HCG and HMG for fertility. I can go up to 2500iu of HCG weekly and 450iu HMG weekly. I am wondering if any of you have conceived with that protocol or similar while on TRT.

juicey8826

Registered
Yes I know two buddies that had similar protocol and had baby girls

Hcg 1000iu Ed for about 4-6 weeks
HMG 250iu Ed
Clomid 50 Ed

Having a bit of a nightmare in Calgary; hoping I can get some feedback/assistance! @Zuespas don't wanna jack your thread, hope its alright!?

Looking at getting my wife pregnant as well, been on TRT since 2014. Went to a new GP to get bloods and semen analysis. Bloods perfect, sperm came back extremely low. He said we must test semen again 1 is never enough, so have to book to cum in a cup again in the near future. Here is my issue! I asked him what the protocol would be if/when it comes back low again. He said, keep on trying for a year. If that does not work, will send to a fertility clinic. Asked about potentially implementing Clomid before the referral, to his response:

"Clomid used to be given for women with infertility but now they are given letrozole. Clomid has no supported evidence it helps with men's sperm production" -- I shit you not!

So I asked about HCG, to his response:

"HCG is not used in men either" -- Again I shit you not!

I despise GP's to say the least, I truly have more knowledge of hormones than this particular clown I am dealing with. I keep going through clueless doctors. I had seen 5 doctors prior to a doctor in the states finding I had the testosterone of an 80 year old. Can anyone recommend a doctor in Calgary that knows what the hell they are talking about. I do NOT want to shoot blanks for a year trying. Rather be smart about it, knowing I am on TRT with low sperm count.

Jdave

Registered
Dam 1000 HCG ED??? That alot HCG bro!7000 a week lol!
It’s an aggressive approach that I’m guessing is more to promote gonadal sperm production in a specific time window for fertility... this might seem aggressive to us from a PCT point but the aim isn’t PCT (though there might be commonalities from a HPTA restart perspective to get the factories back up and running)

Good luck Zeus, hopefully this works out!

Thread starter #9
Having a bit of a nightmare in Calgary; hoping I can get some feedback/assistance! @Zuespas don't wanna jack your thread, hope its alright!?

Looking at getting my wife pregnant as well, been on TRT since 2014. Went to a new GP to get bloods and semen analysis. Bloods perfect, sperm came back extremely low. He said we must test semen again 1 is never enough, so have to book to cum in a cup again in the near future. Here is my issue! I asked him what the protocol would be if/when it comes back low again. He said, keep on trying for a year. If that does not work, will send to a fertility clinic. Asked about potentially implementing Clomid before the referral, to his response:

"Clomid used to be given for women with infertility but now they are given letrozole. Clomid has no supported evidence it helps with men's sperm production" -- I shit you not!

I despise GP's to say the least, I truly have more knowledge of hormones than this particular clown I am dealing with. I keep going through clueless doctors. I had seen 5 doctors prior to a doctor in the states finding I had the testosterone of an 80 year old. Can anyone recommend a doctor in Calgary that knows what the hell they are talking about. I do NOT want to shoot blanks for a year trying. Rather be smart about it, knowing I am on TRT with low sperm count.
Go straight to a feterlity clinic with your wife/gf. They will order bloods and semen analysis. The fertility doc overseeing your case will refer you to a urologist who will prescribe you HCG and HMG

Jdave

Registered

Nothing about anything your dr said sounds right. What he said about HCG/CLOMID sounds like bull...But what stands out the most is that he said letrozol is used for fertility... W T F

Go straight to a feterlity clinic with your wife/gf. They will order bloods and semen analysis. The fertility doc overseeing your case will refer you to a urologist who will prescribe you HCG and HMG
Unfortunately, here in Alberta (Calgary); fertility clinic patients are accepted for treatment by physician referral only.

What’s the lowest dose of hcg you can get away with to keep the balls working. Don’t want to start my own thread as this could help others here too. I’m on test prop 3xweek MWF @30mg. I want to avoid as little aromatization as possible as I don’t like AI. Is 250iu MWF sufficient to keep balls normal size and fertility g2g somewhat? I read a study saying that this dosage keeps them around 75-100% good.

Nothing about anything your dr said sounds right. What he said about HCG/CLOMID sounds like bull...But what stands out the most is that he said letrozol is used for fertility... W T F
I did read some were cant remember when u kill estrogen signals the balls make more test! Im.on 500 iu. Hcg 3x a week now!!

@T-Diddy, how did the Letro protocol work out for you? Or did you go down a different route?
I was just told by the fertility doctor to take 2.5mg of letro a day for 3months....... I told him that i was concerned about my estrogen levels disappearing to zero if i do that, and would be happier with HCG or HMG injections.
he agreed to go 2.5mg three times a week for 3months.
Has anyone else tried this newer fertility protocol?
Very few published studies can be found on letro and fertility in men.