What's new

Help trt is terrible

Thread starter #1
Hi everyone , I’m on doctor prescribed trt and it’s terrible I’m up and down and don’t feel much better I’ve asked him for injections and he refused said it takes up too much of his office appointments to come twice a week. So he placed me on anadroil gel caps testosterone undeconate 80mg 2xdaily doesn’t seem to help much.

You may to just ask the pharmacist to check the interchangeability registry to see if you can substitute the test capsules for injectable version of the same compound

Thread starter #4
This capsule is so inconvenient you have to take it with a dietary fat at the same time everyday , life just doesn’t allow for that all the time.

This capsule is so inconvenient you have to take it with a dietary fat at the same time everyday , life just doesn’t allow for that all the time.
If your doctor won’t prescribe injections why don’t you take things in your own hands. Find a reputable UGL and get bloodwork done to monitor your bloodwork and keep it at that.

Doctors don’t like it and you see this numerous times over and over take matters in your own hands. Your health is more important for them your just another number and pay check

If your doctor won’t prescribe injections why don’t you take things in your own hands. Find a reputable UGL and get bloodwork done to monitor your bloodwork and keep it at that.

Doctors don’t like it and you see this numerous times over and over take matters in your own hands. Your health is more important for them your just another number and pay check
This is also decent advice you can keep things monitored with bloods

Thread starter #7
I was thinking about that and I was going to run 125mg of cyp Monday and thurs , I only have access to a few labs and unfortunately I was just ripped off by a new one but I won’t get into that it’s not the right place here talking about trt.

66Chevy

Super Moderator
If you run 250.mg Test a week for Trt chances are your problems are just beginning my friend
I agree with @MRX .

@EastCoastMuscle If you are on trt the goal imo should be to get to a good place by using the least amount of testosterone needed which also keeps your estrogen in a happy range. Personally, I don't see the point of running higher amounts if it just raises your estrogen and you need to take more drugs (AI's) to keep that under control ( unless you are cycling obviously). I have 20 years of usage, but feel good on just 100mg/week of pharma test E and I don't need to run an AI. You may get away with running 250 a week for many years or you may run into issues much sooner. The only constant is the chances of issues go up the more you take and the longer you take it. The other issue is the quality of ugl test, some can be excellent and others possibly not as good.

My suggestion if you can afford it is to go see a hrt doctor, which is what I'm now doing.....but if you do decide to self trt start much lower like 125mg/week and see how that feels for a few months.

Thread starter #11
Maybe I’ll try that and there are no clinics in my area so I will be self medicating with ugl but I don’t have many lab choices so they will have to do.

MRX

Registered
250 mg weekly you're still on cycle lol

TRT is a long game brother, meant to put you "within" the normal range for testosterone
It's not meant for you to pack on kilos of muscle but rather normalize your mental, physical and sexual function

If you fly outside of normal ranges for a lengthy period of time you're inviting a host of issues, such as enlarged prostate or blood pressure problems for example, and you could very well lose lose your trt card

Be smart. Around the 100 mg weekly range is great for the vast majority of men

Here's my $0.02 for what it's worth.
If you're starting on 250mg/week that's a small cycle, not really TRT.
As expressed earlier by others- the goal of TRT should be to find the lowest effective dose that treats your condition/symptoms and gets you back into the normal range and then to stay there. Otherwise you're just doing a blast/cycle not really TRT.

I've recently went down this road myself. Confirmed low Test, bloods backed it up, my GP is a fuckwit and wouldn't even consider TRT for me as I'm "not even 40" (39 ha!). Anyway, went to get a second opinion from a "men's clinic" they agreed that my test was low but only wanted to perscribe the cream/gel. (can't use it because of my wife's hyper sensitive skin, plus it spikes and plummets your levels)

Anyway - I've gone the UGL route and am currently in week 5 of 125mg Test Cyp/week. Plus 1000iu of HCG/week (500 2x per week)
So far the results have been stellar! Obviously every person/body is different, and you might need 250mg per week (what's your height/weight/body fat% and exercise/training regime like?)...but I would suggest "start low and go slow". Get bloods somewhere during weeks 6-8 to see how your levels are doing and if you need to raise or lower your dosage at that point you'll have a good baseline/reference. And if it turns out you NEED 250mg (or even a little more) to keep your levels in check then at that point you'll know for sure and YOUR specific case 250mg/week will be your TRT dose (or higher or lower). Testing again after another 6-8 weeks to check how the levels are doing. All this is also depending on levels as shown by your bloodwork and cross-referenced to how many and how severe your sides are if you have any.
Better to have a slightly lower dose to keep "normal" than go too high and have to also blast your body with anti-estrogens to keep your E levels in check...in that case you're gonna just play a nearly never ending game of merry-go-round with your hormones and you'll never find homeostasis.

Good luck to you man! It's a hell of a thing to be your own doctor, but if you're gonna do it - do it right! TrT is a marathon not a sprint and you want to be around for the long haul so don't fuck it up by just blasting like crazy. Low and slow till you find the sweet spot.

Last edited:
Some solid advice above.

What was the results of your last set of bloods (trough)? Post them here for us to see, if possible, and please include lab ranges with results of each hormone tested.

Im also curious why you feel 250mg/week is necessary?

Thread starter #20
Well I’m at the point of self medicating my dr has me on testosterone undeconate gel caps 40mg each its 2 caps 2xdaily and still feel terrible , doc wouldn’t give me my test results just said I’m at the medium low range and that more tests stress the health care system and are not necessary as I will be on trt for life .