What's new

Help trt is terrible

Well I’m at the point of self medicating my dr has me on testosterone undeconate gel caps 40mg each its 2 caps 2xdaily and still feel terrible , doc wouldn’t give me my test results just said I’m at the medium low range and that more tests stress the health care system and are not necessary as I will be on trt for life .
'Stresses to the healthcare system' are not really your doctor's concern. Your doctor should order tests (as appropriate, of course!) without concerning him or herself with the costs associated with those tests. It's up to the government, not your doctor, to figure out how to pay for the care that the population as a whole requires.

NG_F

Registered
Well I’m at the point of self medicating my dr has me on testosterone undeconate gel caps 40mg each its 2 caps 2xdaily and still feel terrible , doc wouldn’t give me my test results just said I’m at the medium low range and that more tests stress the health care system and are not necessary as I will be on trt for life .
That's somewhat of a low dose of TU or also known as Andriol, introduced by organon. The delivery system only allows 2mgs to be absorbed from each gel cap. Thats a bit low seeing how the male secretes about 10-15 mgs/day. This dwindles down to about 8 mgs when you get into your forties. The good part is Test Undecanoate has an elimination half-life of about 33 days , compared to something like enth which is around 6 days.
What this means is that after a week your 8mgs will essentially accumulate to around 10-15 /day..But how your well being will respond is a highly individual aspect. Most do not feel as good compared to IM injections of Test Enth, cyp or the longest lasting TU.

I suggest you switch doctors as others have mentioned. if that's an option for you at all ? Or def grab some potent UG lab Test from the various vendors. I suggest a dose of 80-120mgs week for TRT or 150-250 as a cruise. YMMV.

Cheers mate :cool:

For what it's worth my Dr prescribed TRT is for 250mg/week, even Dr Komer (who I just started seeing) didn't raise an eyebrow at this number.

gramkind

Registered
Was thinking about talking to my doc about trt, do you have to go to the doc for every shot? That would be insane

onetwonine

Registered
That's somewhat of a low dose of TU or also known as Andriol, introduced by organon. The delivery system only allows 2mgs to be absorbed from each gel cap. Thats a bit low seeing how the male secretes about 10-15 mgs/day. This dwindles down to about 8 mgs when you get into your forties. The good part is Test Undecanoate has an elimination half-life of about 33 days , compared to something like enth which is around 6 days.
What this means is that after a week your 8mgs will essentially accumulate to around 10-15 /day..But how your well being will respond is a highly individual aspect. Most do not feel as good compared to IM injections of Test Enth, cyp or the longest lasting TU.

I suggest you switch doctors as others have mentioned. if that's an option for you at all ? Or def grab some potent UG lab Test from the various vendors. I suggest a dose of 80-120mgs week for TRT or 150-250 as a cruise. YMMV.

Cheers mate :cool:

Oral Test U doesnt have a 33 day half life.

Jdave

Registered
Anyone else think it’s fucked a doctor can run tests on you and not tell you the results? “Medium low” becomes a subjective value when they move around the ranges each however-many-years trying to make low T normal.

gondar1

Registered
Anyone else think it’s fucked a doctor can run tests on you and not tell you the results? “Medium low” becomes a subjective value when they move around the ranges each however-many-years trying to make low T normal.
I've answered to this before on other forums but would love to hear what @canadian-anabolicdoc has to say on the matter. What's the deal doc, who owns this info or the rights to it? What rights do the patient and Dr have?

Bonus question - where could one look this up so as to prove it?

Mnemonic

Registered
Lol yup. Same shit happened to me during my first low test inquiry.
3 weeks went by and nothing happened, online bloodwork was not yet available.

I had to call and book an appointment to discuss my results.
oh so 9 in the range of 8.8-29 is normal to you? Or do you mean the doctor didn't see it because his automated system didn't notify him that there was a LOW on my report because it was above the minimum value? Hmm lol

Jdave

Registered
I've answered to this before on other forums but would love to hear what @canadian-anabolicdoc has to say on the matter. What's the deal doc, who owns this info or the rights to it? What rights do the patient and Dr have?

I don’t care about the legalities man- otherwise we’re all in the wrong for using PEDS. It’s bullshit regardless of who owns the right to disclose or not.

You have the right to any medical information that pertains to you, including test results, period. There are circumstances in which you can be charged a small fee for that information e.g. if you want your MRI images on CD, the hospital will typically charge a small fee for this. Here, you're not paying for the information per se, but for the time it took to put the images on CD and for the CD itself. The same applies to medical records. It takes quite awhile and often a shit ton of paper to print off someone's medical records, particularly if they're elderly and quite ill. Here again, you're not paying for the information per se but for the time it took to gather the information and print it off.

Ask your doctor for a copy of your test results. If he balks at this, I would ask him point blank "why not?" There's no sensible reason for him to be unwilling to provide you with a copy.

Was thinking about talking to my doc about trt, do you have to go to the doc for every shot? That would be insane
I'm fine with patients doing the shots at home, but only if they're comfortable with aspiration. Most patients aren't and come into the clinic every 1-2 weeks. I know, I know, q 2 weeks dosing is hardly ideal, but some patients prefer this.

You have the right to any medical information that pertains to you, including test results, period. There are circumstances in which you can be charged a small fee for that information e.g. if you want your MRI images on CD, the hospital will typically charge a small fee for this. Here, you're not paying for the information per se, but for the time it took to put the images on CD and for the CD itself. The same applies to medical records. It takes quite awhile and often a shit ton of paper to print off someone's medical records, particularly if they're elderly and quite ill. Here again, you're not paying for the information per se but for the time it took to gather the information and print it off.

Ask your doctor for a copy of your test results. If he balks at this, I would ask him point blank "why not?" There's no sensible reason for him to be unwilling to provide you with a copy. Frankly, if a doctor persistently refused to provide me with copies of my test results, I'd find another doctor and lodge a complaint with the Collge of Physicians.

Lol yup. Same shit happened to me during my first low test inquiry.
3 weeks went by and nothing happened, online bloodwork was not yet available.

I had to call and book an appointment to discuss my results.
oh so 9 in the range of 8.8-29 is normal to you? Or do you mean the doctor didn't see it because his automated system didn't notify him that there was a LOW on my report because it was above the minimum value? Hmm lol
He probably saw that the result was in the normal range, posted it to the chart, and forgot about it. Not unreasonable to have you come in and discuss the results, but it would've been preferable for him to have a staff member contact you and let you know that he'd like to go over your test results.