What's new

Herbs/supplements for stress/anxiety

SonOfOdin

Super Heavyweight
Prescription meds aside - what has helped you / what didn’t?

Based on experience this is my list:
1. Phenibut - helps for sure especially when you can’t sleep but takes a long time to kick in and must be respected. Is physically addictive and withdrawal can be bad - so I read. I never take it more than twice a week.
2. Kava - I prefer the liquid and it is more subtle but helps. During a bad period in my life - took it for a month and it did help.
3. Melatonin - strictly for sleep. Mild help.
4. Adaptogens - ginseng, lavender, ashwagandha, rhodiola - if taken for a few weeks seemed to help but maybe it was placebo. Regardless, most of my reading indicates they are good for you.

I haven’t tried CBD oil but hope to soon if I have another stressful episode and no doubt will as shit happens.

I didn’t find any relief from anything else.
As crazy as it sounds a halucinagenic little mushroom helped me, a gentle doesage out fishing reset my outlook on everything completely, and as a matter of fact Britain has legalized it specifically for that purpose much like "medical marijuana" before it was legalized. Just some mycelium for thought

NG_F

Super Heavyweight
Meds: Nardil ~ the ONLY med proven to act as a GABA releaser. NOT an agonist, partial blah blah latching onto benzo or gaba sites and sub-sites BUT actual secretion!! Excellent for tapering long-term benzo addiction! ( Watch for serotonin reactions and tyramine rich foods !!!!), short - term usage of a long acting benzo( clonazepam).
15mgs/day of Mirtazapine. Very Helpful for nagging treatment resistant Tren- insomnia and lack of appetite !
Clonodine (100-200 mcgs/day)~ 8 hours b4 your workout or during bedtime.This is an oerexin agonist, the opposite of the noteworthy oerexin antagonists-modafanil, adrafanil and armodafanil which can awaken and stimulate. So needless to say, clonodine can help calm intrusive/looping thoughts and help initiate sleep.
B-blockers(atenolol, propranolol) 12.5 mgs after workout, as these can initially sap your energy. Once again the opposite of a Beta agonist - clenbuterol, albuterol and to a lesser extent salbutamol due to its low dosage and B2 selectivity.

Supps: Magnesium/Taurine- 2g/5g respectively
Glycine- 15-45 gms
Ashwaganda KSM66-600mgs (1-3 caps/day)
Theanine (400mgs-1gm)
Kratom~ yellow thai is best for me. Red Balli/boerno is a very close second!

Goldenrod

VET
Never tried yellow, didn’t even know there was yellow Kratom. I prefer Red Bornio - many other streams make me feel anxious.

NG_F

Super Heavyweight
Never tried yellow, didn’t even know there was yellow Kratom. I prefer Red Bornio - many other streams make me feel anxious.
I find it is THE best when you want total cessation from Kratom. No euphoria. motivation, energy etc..You almost feel like you never took a thing. However the effects via lack of withdrawals are very noticeable.
One can taper from 5-20gms of red etc to 10gms of yellow thai for 2-3 days then 5gms for 2-3 days then OFF !

durk

Super Heavyweight
I tried Kratom once all I got was a headache. I am caffeine and stimulant sensitive, so that could be my problem.

Goldenrod

VET
Thanks NG_F - good to know. I just checked the place I usually guy - Goldenmonkkratom, they have a red Thai but no yellow products. Where do you get your yellow strain?

Thanks

bam_dice

Rookie
I tried Kratom once all I got was a headache. I am caffeine and stimulant sensitive, so that could be my problem.
I got some from the states, I fine Green and red work well.
Thanks NG_F - good to know. I just checked the place I usually guy - Goldenmonkkratom, they have a red Thai but no yellow products. Where do you get your yellow strain?

Thanks
Kratom is good. I got mine down in san diego with the laws being able to get them. There is a website Original harvest might help. Yellow is more of a white leave just so you know.

bam_dice

Rookie
Yellow,

Thanks
Yellow I got it from Bumble Bee Botanicals. Its Gold actually my bad. Also with it you got to be off preworkout. I do believe Mark Bell has another brand as well.

Goldenrod

VET
Licorice root works pretty well. It always brings my HRV up and slows down my resting heart rate.
licorice root is a good adaptogen but can increase your BP and decrease you natural testosterone production according to a few studies I read albeit it never had much of an impact on either at the doses I took. I took it many times for its liver protection qualities.
thanks for the reminder, I forgot about licorice root.

Jestopherson

Super Heavyweight
Cbd oil or high cbd percentage weed. I get my best sleeps. Helps with my anxiety. I did feel a bit clouded occasionally when I smoked but havent in quite a while due to lovely drug testing.

Shooting guns is also amazing. If you've never stuffed a pumpkin full of tannerite and then shot it, you're missing out. Get it while you can..

NOVITEC

Heavyweight
Vitamin D! Go get levels checked and dose accordingly.

Old RhynoS

Super Heavyweight
Prescription meds aside - what has helped you / what didn’t?

Based on experience this is my list:
1. Phenibut - helps for sure especially when you can’t sleep but takes a long time to kick in and must be respected. Is physically addictive and withdrawal can be bad - so I read. I never take it more than twice a week.
2. Kava - I prefer the liquid and it is more subtle but helps. During a bad period in my life - took it for a month and it did help.
3. Melatonin - strictly for sleep. Mild help.
4. Adaptogens - ginseng, lavender, ashwagandha, rhodiola - if taken for a few weeks seemed to help but maybe it was placebo. Regardless, most of my reading indicates they are good for you.

I haven’t tried CBD oil but hope to soon if I have another stressful episode and no doubt will as shit happens.

I didn’t find any relief from anything else.
Im not sure if I have seen you mention it or not @Goldenrod but Kratom does definitely work.
Anxiety, sleep, stress, energy boost. There are plenty of strains that offer different effects.
Worth a shot , take it slow and good luck with the taste 😩

Goldenrod

VET
Im not sure if I have seen you mention it or not @Goldenrod but Kratom does definitely work.
Anxiety, sleep, stress, energy boost. There are plenty of strains that offer different effects.
Worth a shot , take it slow and good luck with the taste 😩
Yes, I have in the past and prefer red bornio or red bali for relaxation but appreciate the suggestion all the same.