What's new

hey all, from M

Thread starter #1

vanmatt

Registered
Background; 40 years old, did MMA off and on for years.
Why did I decide to give gear a try?
To recover from BJJ practice at first (just did 10mg d-bol after practice)
*And was shocked by the mental clarity I received from d-bol.

To make a very long story short I have something called "PTSD," - 20 years.
Not severe, never in a war zone...but I have to take SSRI anti-depressants - definitely not a choice.

SSRI`s DO help a lot with alleviating worries, but they also make you lazy as fuck.
The relief from d-bol gave me (from obsessive worrying), along with the energy - made me want to try a full cycle.
Now that I`ve been on test for 3 weeks I DO feel a lot less depressed, more relaxed, more energetic.

I have a plan in mind, calculate calories, take liver-support, trying to stick with lowest possible effective doses.
Been going to the gym nearly everyday now for 6 straight weeks. Learning a lot from you guys :)
I tried talking to my mental health doctor, but he`s not cool with gear.

This is process, one step at a time. Wish me luck!
I can`t offer advice to anyone else with PTSD or with people who have to take anti-depressants, but gear has really seemed to help me out.

SonOfOdin

Registered
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay ! And feel free to peruse the threads! Loads of informative leads and tales of wonder Haha!!

SonOfOdin

TRT_Guy

Registered
Now that I`ve been on test for 3 weeks I DO feel a lot less depressed, more relaxed, more energetic.
My Psychiatrist uses testosterone as an adjunct to antidepressant medication for mood elevation, as part of TRT.

Welcome to the board... I hope you can find a Dr to make this work for you.

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- I've seen posts created by you already so thank you for making the formal introduction to make it official. Welcome to the CJM family of Monsters vanmatt! PTSD is a tough affliction to cope with so I wish you all the best in your pursuit of conquering it, or at least besting it. Do keep us updated!

Welcome to CJM. Lots of great people with a wealth of information to share.

Please familiarize yourself with our Rules & Regulations, as we are NOT an Open Source Board.

Share your experiences, ask questions. But please do some research, DO NOT just post up random shit without researching first.

Enjoy your stay...

- PacMan

Thread starter #11

vanmatt

Registered
My Psychiatrist uses testosterone as an adjunct to antidepressant medication for mood elevation, as part of TRT.
Welcome to the board... I hope you can find a Dr to make this work for you.
There ABSOLUTELY is a link between male depression and testosterone levels...
I`m 40, most men in my family live to 65-70 at most.
I think cruising MIGHT be best way to get the most out of life...

We will see.

Yeah man!
Welcome!

I 100% agree with the test approach to fighting depression/anxiety/ptsd!
Especially considering the damage your pituitary and other brain centres can take during fights/accidents/etc when a concussion is involved which then inhibits your bodies natural test production. (Quite a lot of research and anecdotal evidence to support)

While I can’t speak to the ptsd I can definitely speak to the effectiveness of getting hormones in check and eating better and exercising!

Rock on brother and welcome officially!

Last edited:
Thread starter #16
Yeah man!
Welcome!

I 100% agree with the test approach to fighting depression/anxiety/ptsd!
Especially considering the damage your pituitary and other brain centres can take during fights/accidents/etc when a concussion is involved which then inhibits your bodies natural test production. (Quite a lot of research and anecdotal evidence to support)

While I can’t speak to the ptsd I can definitely speak to the effectiveness of getting hormones in check and eating better and exercising!

Rock on brother and welcome officially!
Thanks so much for the kind words,
Yes, there must be solid connections between PTSD, testosterone and depression.

Jordan Peterson (psychologist) writes in his book;
when 2 dominant lobsters (with high testosterone) fight,
the losers brain undergoes a complete physical transformation....
The brain literally melts, and re-wires its system with a newer, less dominant brain that has less testosterone.
People with PTSD do the same. They are hyper vigilant to avoid specific conditions, places or people.
They are no longer optimistic, they are paranoid. And SSRI drugs - which numb you to this hyper vigilance....makes you sleepy.

Testosterone FOR ME - seems to balance out the zombie effects of my SSRI`s.

You see,
There`s a lot of politics surrounding people who wish to use hormones to change their sex.
Similar to these people, I feel out of place in the world. But I`m not looking to go that far.
*I simply want the hormones to operate with confidence, and without depression in a very competitive world.