What's new

How many times a week do you train body parts

meatman777

Middleweight
I wanted feedback on training. I can't train Sunday or Saturday and I usually get in 3a must to 5 days if I can in a week in the morning (due to business, family).

If I get three days in I train:

Pre workout:
cardio 15- 20 min (brisk walk a mile or more on tread) then 3 sets×3 ab movements back to back

Monday: chest 6 movements (3 and superset 3)

Tuesday l: Legs same as chest

Wednesday: Back same as chest

Thursday: Arms( biceps,triceps)

Don't usually get to train shoulders maybe will start doing chest and shoulders together... thoughts?

Or sometimes I can't make a day so I work on that body part the next day. I am usually spread out this workout Monday to Saturday.

I seem to make gains with this routine but I always feel like I am not doing enough.

I value anyone's feedback on what works for them

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Testbear

Super Heavyweight
I noticed from your picture you had good chest development but your delts are lacking a bit. I used to not prioritize delts and figured they got enough work from chest movements and finish off with a couple sets of flies..

Having huge delts is a game changer, and I think it wouldn't be a bad idea to start prioritizing them.

I train everything 2-3x a week right now and it's working great. 6x a week 1.5hrs. Push/pull + legs eod.

One of my favourite push day workouts are some sort of incline press, some sort of shoulder press + dips. Work them hard and heavy

Last edited:

meatman777

Middleweight
Maybe because of time and day restraints

Chest & delts

Legs & calves

Back & shoulders

Biceps & triceps

5th day if I get one... deadlifts

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Veteran

VET
2x per week for upper and legs 1x. Sure, it's 7 days a week but I stick to low volume, heavy compound moves. Get in, hit it and be done in under an hour. This works well for me as I don't have much time per day to be at the gym.

Chest/Back
Bis/Tris
Shoulders/Traps
(Repeat)
7th day Legs
(Repeat)

Take a day off when and where needed.

Motor City Smit

Super Heavyweight
I just finished a cycle of training every body part three times a week. I have now raised the volume and am training everything twice a week.

Currently...

Legs
Back Bis
Chest Shoulders Tris
Legs
Back Bis
Chest Shoulders Tris
Day Off