What's new

I bet this is the lowest prescription you've ever heard of

Thread starter #21
Thanks maybe I will wait a bit then. There is someone on this board getting 200/week from this Dr. and I do have a bit of faith in him. I think they just need to follow rigid protocols and take things slowly. I started at 25, 6 weeks later I am at 35 with bloodwork pending. I am just considering what to do if he comes back and says '35mg / week is adequate'.

Daway

Registered
I am just considering what to do if he comes back and says '35mg / week is adequate'.
My response would be "there's a difference between adequate and optimal". If you went by the generic range if your labs came back at 250 he could say "ok you're in the range so its adequate". The thing is you are an individual. Are you still experiencing the issues that made you seek TRT in the first place? If so, then your dose isn't optimal.

That being said, doctors are human too and you might just have to jump through a few of his hoops so that he feels comfortable prescribing what you need to be optimal instead of adequate.

Thread starter #23
I am sure some new person will find this interesting at some point so I'm updating. Still playing the long game as recommended. I am up to 75mg / 10 days - test c.

Interestingly the refill rate is enough for more than 250 / week! So I'm stocking up....

The Dr. Is cautious, rightfully so I guess.

Daway

Registered
Im still on the fence between cautious and clueless.

When I spoke to my doctor, I got the impression that exogenous test even in small quantities risks a HPTA shutdown; he prefers to dose 100mg/week as a starter and move up/down based on blood work and patient response.

Following this thread long term to see how it works out for you.

Thread starter #25
Daway Your Doctor is correct.

One of my earlier blood tests came back with my T being 2/3 of what it was and my E2 at 120% of what it was. Even the fucking insert says 100 mg/week. But anyway, I have all the test I could ever want, and very easy access to b/w. Because of my drug plan I have paid much much less than I would have paid for underground pharma grade. Its 5 minutes from here too; I guess I am taking the good with the bad.