What's new

I'm a work in progress....129 to 150 in 2 years

LesPaul

Rookie
I may never get to the 2% monster class but I'm working my ass off to be hard as fu&k!

2 years ago at 50 I was 129 pounds with very low T. I skipped meals and didn't really take care of myself. Then something clicked.

Bought a bunch of equipment for the basement and started. After a year I had good recomposition but the weight gain was tough and I was always tired. Went to the TRT doc and last year the gains came a little better. Now at 52 I'm 150 lbs and feel great. My goal is 160-170 lbs shredded. At 5'5" that should be a realistic little monster goal I think.

My skin is thick so roast away ;-)

1-tile.jpg

Last edited:

Testbear

Rookie
I may never get to the 2% monster class but I'm working my ass off to be hard as fu&k!

2 years ago at 50 I was 129 pounds with very low T. I skipped meals and didn't really take care of myself. Then something clicked.

Bought a bunch of equipment for the basement and started. After a year I had good recomposition but the weight gain was tough and I was always tired. Went to the TRT doc and last year the gains came a little better. Now at 52 I'm 150 lbs and feel great. My goal is 160-170 lbs shredded. At 5'5" that should be a realistic little monster goal I think.

View attachment 10883
Looks good for 50, your goals are definetly attainable

Sorbate

Rookie
I’m 47 and more or less your height and on very reasonable doses of gear 180lean is possible, like 200 mg a week.

My colon bailed on me and I lost a bunch of weight, but on 200 mg a week of test, 6 real meals (well some protien powder plus real carbs) and some serious training over 2 years 192. I was likely 14% bodyfat then. That is big for our height, my blood pressure started to rise.

I’m going to stick around 170 lean from now on. You are bigger and look better than most guys at 170 lbs but don’t look like you are juicing which is obvious when we are older and other 50 year old guys look like shit, lol.

Keep it up, it takes time but is worth it.

Last edited:

LesPaul

Rookie
I’m 47 and more or less your height and on very reasonable doses of gear 180lean is possible, like 200 mg a week.

My colon bailed on me and I lost a bunch of weight, but on 200 mg a week of test, 6 real meals (well some protien powder plus real carbs) and some serious training over 2 years 192. I was likely 14% bodyfat then. That is big for our height, my blood pressure started to rise.

I’m going to stick around 170 lean from now on. You are bigger and look better than most guys at 170 lbs but don’t look like you are juicing which is obvious when we are older and other 50 year old guys look like shit, lol.

Keep it up, it takes time but is worth it.
You hit on some issues that I have considered. When I first decided to take this to the next level I was going to throw caution into the wind. Hell, how much time do I have left. 20- 25 years? I bought a bunch of oil and oral "supplements" and was going to start by running 500 T week. Then I talked myself down to 400. More reading. More caution. I decided on 200mg a week test only. As you have wrote I think this will be plenty and be the best health and gains wise for goals at this age in life.

Bummer about the colon. The older we get, something is always acting up. I'm dealing with arthritis in both AC joints and a torn supra tendon in my shoulder. My shoulder and chest training is difficult to do but I still manage to get some blood pump into them. Not as much as I would like.

Thanks again for the advice. Appreciated.

Spartin77

Rookie

View attachment 10883
You look great! Awesome man! May I ask and if you posted before I'm sorry. what did your TT and BT come back @ before Dr prescribed?

LesPaul

Rookie
You look great! Awesome man! May I ask and if you posted before I'm sorry. what did your TT and BT come back @ before Dr prescribed?
Thanks
Pre TRT Oct 2017
Total Test 6.6 ( Range 7.6 - 31.4 NMOL/L)
LUTEINIZING HORMONE 10 ( Range 2 - 9)
ESTRADIOL <60 - Cut off at lab was 60.

Sorry I'm not sure what BT is?

Spartin77

Rookie
Thanks
Pre TRT Oct 2017
Total Test 6.6 ( Range 7.6 - 31.4 NMOL/L)
LUTEINIZING HORMONE 10 ( Range 2 - 9)
ESTRADIOL <60 - Cut off at lab was 60.

Sorry I'm not sure what BT is?
Bioavailable Test! Ya no worries! what did did he start you at and did he include HCG?

Testbear

Rookie
You hit on some issues that I have considered. When I first decided to take this to the next level I was going to throw caution into the wind. Hell, how much time do I have left. 20- 25 years? I bought a bunch of oil and oral "supplements" and was going to start by running 500 T week. Then I talked myself down to 400. More reading. More caution. I decided on 200mg a week test only. As you have wrote I think this will be plenty and be the best health and gains wise for goals at this age in life.

Bummer about the colon. The older we get, something is always acting up. I'm dealing with arthritis in both AC joints and a torn supra tendon in my shoulder. My shoulder and chest training is difficult to do but I still manage to get some blood pump into them. Not as much as I would like.

That's a smart plan. And you can always expirement with something mild like proviron or adding in mk677, which I am a big fan of. Something like 200 test. 50mg proviron a day and 25mg mk677 would be a nice little old man stack 😜

LesPaul

Rookie
Bioavailable Test! Ya no worries! what did did he start you at and did he include HCG?
I don't see BT on any of my paperwork. I was prescribed 100mg injection of Valeant Delatestryl once per week starting Nov 2017. I have stayed on that dose since day one. Two rounds of labs in the first year came back at 31 TT.
Labeled me stable and sent me back to my GP's care ( ...sigh)

No HCG. It was never brought up and I don't know much about it. I was told I have primary hypogonadism? So maybe with that, age and no family plans it was not prescribed?

Sorbate

Rookie

My colon is fixable (they are going to remove a piece of my sigmoid colon and then I'll be fine) then I'll be able to really eat 5-6000 cal again. So right now lean and 170, later back to my goal of 200 lbs and lean, bwahaaa.

If you want to get crazy, 300-500 mg of test is fine. Just cycle it for 8-10 weeks and then go back down to trt for the same amount of time. Make sure you have good bloods first and watch your blood pressure. Go buy a blood pressure machine. Blood pressure is the biggest thing, it will destroy your heart and kidneys and neither once wrecked can really repair themselves. Other sides like high estrogen and acne or hairloss is only cosmetic and won't kill you.

Oh yeah and donate blood every 3 months, no exceptions. Thick blood will destroy your heart and kidneys as well.

Avoid orals, those are for young guys. Dbol will likely allow to feel your swollen prostate when you sit down, on a bike seat, lol.

Just don't get too carried away, it does change the way you think a bit, and depending on your personality and if you have a significant other, it may not bee something they like. My wife hates me on high doses of anything because I become like I was when she first met me 20+ years ago, an uncaring asshole. o now I stick under 300 mg of test maybe a bit of mast or primo and life is good. No amount of muscle is worth screwing up things in your life.

Learn as much as you can about controlling blood pressure, fixing poor hdl and ldl levels. And take your fiber if your body allows. Gotta keep the pipes flowing, plus steroids can make you constipated and if you are stupid like me and push too hard when you poop, well you'll be getting the same surgery as me.

Spartin77

Rookie
@ 100mg per-week when you tested 31 was that 6 days after pin or the hi-end? Did the Dr run E2? estrogen?

LesPaul

Rookie
@ 100mg per-week when you tested 31 was that 6 days after pin or the hi-end? Did the Dr run E2? estrogen?
All tests done 72 hrs post pin. That's his thing.
So my first round of labs was 3 months after TRT start ( Feb2018) . This is it.
Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 5.17.22 PM.png

Then 6 months ( Sept 2018) later the last labs before being kicked back to GP. You will notice my E2 shot way up in the first 3 month then settled a little.

Screen Shot 2018-12-24 at 5.18.47 PM.png

LesPaul

Rookie
And your feeling ok?!
6 weeks after I started TRT I felt great. I have to admit I went from zero libido to super drive. I use to have a nap after work. No naps anymore. Apperenally I was pretty cranky and tended to snap over little things. Pretty mellow now. Appetite and gains all went up.

Fast forward a year later. All good. Still feel great. Just want a little more weight on the frame so I'm doubling my dose. Maybe I'm chasing the dragon?