What's new

Improved liver enzymes 2.0

Goldenrod

Rookie
I previously posted about adding in three supplements. That was the only change in my supplement protocol. For the first time in years, all liver enzymes were excellent, typically my GGT is raised slightly. I have mild fatty liver hence the reason why I try to look after my liver.
I continued with the same protocol and added in 2000 mg of licorice daily for another month - doesn’t really matter but I picked St. Francis liquid extract.
I was ordering another round of hormone blood tests so I did my liver too. I recently added INNO primo and prescription HGH to my TRT albeit in low dosages. 1.5-2 IU’s a day and 75-150 mg’s of primo a week. I know - next to nothing but it fits me.
I am happy to report my liver enzymes were even better in all categories except my bilirubin was raised slightly but still well within the normal range.
Licorice root has a few sides but there are several studies on its ability to protect the liver through its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Thought I would share this in case anyone is concerned about their liver or is going to run orals.
I tried almost every science backed supplement and herb for liver health and then ran bloods to determine its efficiency with the exception of Tudca which I will be soon thanks to INNO’s product. Many of the more experienced guys have forgotten more than I know about AAS and AI’s etc. But if anyone wants help with supplements to protect their bodies - particularly liver and kidneys I have researched a lot and am happy to help for what is worth.
Sorry for the long winded / boring to most post.

Satsao

Rookie
I always find your posts about liver supplements very interesting , keep them coming :)

Goldenrod

Rookie
Just another short update. It was my regular blood test time with my doctor and she was amazed - best they have ever been. She ordered a more in-depth blood profile for my liver per my request. The numbers have continued to improve since my LGC blood test a few weeks ago. I normally spread tests out longer but this was a scheduled test for other health reasons. My doc always checks my liver when any blood is done.
My main point to all of this - I’m on gear again albeit lower doses and this protocol I’m running continues to keep my liver getting better.
I would like to know if it’s the synergistic affect of licorice, probiotics, betaine, and ginger or just one. I will run a test shortly - stop all but one and get a test and so on.
This information may be helpful for people interested in harm reduction with liver toxic orals.
Regardless, if it helps one person it is worth posting.

Goldenrod

Rookie
So would you say your goto from now on is going to be the licorice?
Long answer:
Not that simple - my staple is the following Sam-e (400 mg - expensive but truly a remarkable product), inosoitol and choline combo (1500 mg of each) specifically because I have fatty liver. If you don’t and money is an issue get the Sam-e. If I had to pick one supplement for liver protection on cycle it would always be Sam-e.
Always vitamin c (minimum 1000 mg’s), vitamin e (800 IU’s) - antioxidant protection is so important as free radicals can damage your organs. That is a Coles notes explanation, point being these are important and cheap.
Ginger for me is a must as there is considerable evidence - it also contains curcumin. It’s cheap and I use it raw from the grocery store. Cut a chunk off Am and PM and eat it.
Licorice is another great one and it helps me more than milk thistle but it can affect your BP and has some evidence if lowers your natural testosterone in high doses.
I prefer Turmeric (high doses) with black pepper over curcumin because turmeric has several medicinal properties albeit curcumin is probably its best but I want them all.
I’m not against milk thistle - great evidence in studies albeit most are small and not double blind. The issue is getting a good product.
I mentioned I rotate liver supplements - milk thistle, black seed oil, NAC, and I recently picked up UDCA.
I’m not sure if I answered your question. When looking at supplements - I look for high quality companies, overall cost and then run bloods to check the affects.
Any specific questions let me know but get a huge chunk of ginger and eat it raw.

Awesome man I'll definitely look into saf-e. I haven't done extensive research for on cycle liver support so this is some great information.