What's new

iPad

Thread starter #1
Those of you who have an iPad, which model do you own? Mine is a 3rd generation that I bought in NY in 2011 or 2012. It fell on concrete last year and screen is broken. Besides I cannot do the software updates anymore. Time for a replacement I guess ....

Thread starter #2
Bumping up my own thread because it is the sale period in Belgium and can't decide which iPad to buy :confused:

We have three of them. We have an old IPad 2 that still works. I have an iPad Air and my wife has the iPad Air second generation. No difference between mine and the wife’s. I think the new pro models are being made to be closer and close to a real computer. The main thing I notice as they age us the speed in which some applications respond is reduced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread starter #4
We have three of them. We have an old IPad 2 that still works. I have an iPad Air and my wife has the iPad Air second generation. No difference between mine and the wife’s. I think the new pro models are being made to be closer and close to a real computer. The main thing I notice as they age us the speed in which some applications respond is reduced.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you Rhyno.

I had an iPad 2 before buying this one when it came out. The only reason why I have to change is because it fell on concrete last year while I was doing cardio and not so long ago I dropped it twice on my wooden floor. Screen still works but two corners are broken and you can actually see the "inside" of the iPad which isn't a good sign.

iPad Pro's are pretty expensive here (around $899 for the basic model I think) but the screen is bigger than the one of the iPad Air and the iPad 3 that I have ....

Thank you Rhyno.

I had an iPad 2 before buying this one when it came out. The only reason why I have to change is because it fell on concrete last year while I was doing cardio and not so long ago I dropped it twice on my wooden floor. Screen still works but two corners are broken and you can actually see the "inside" of the iPad which isn't a good sign.

iPad Pro's are pretty expensive here (around $899 for the basic model I think) but the screen is bigger than the one of the iPad Air and the iPad 3 that I have ....
Yeah I looked at an iPad Pro and couldn’t decide. I don’t need a bigger screen then the iPad Air. I do like more memory at least 256. I will probably end up getting a pro when I need to get a new one or give my current one to the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

66Chevy

Super Moderator
I got my wife one for Christmas about 3 years ago. I don't know what model it is, but she uses it everyday and often says its one of the best gifts I've ever gotten her. Also imessage is our main mode of communication when we're apart as she does not have a cell phone.

Thread starter #7
I got my wife one for Christmas about 3 years ago. I don't know what model it is, but she uses it everyday and often says its one of the best gifts I've ever gotten her. Also imessage is our main mode of communication when we're apart as she does not have a cell phone.
It is probably an iPad Air. Do,you remember how much you paid? I will check out Apple's website again later. First I thought I might go for a refurnished one but with the sale being on right now I will probably buy a new one.

Thread starter #10
I'm an Apple addict. I had a Galaxy tab when it came out and had to ask a colleague how to use it. MG is not a geek lol.

Eazy, should I buy a new or a refurbished one? And can I trust amazon? The Brussels Apple Store sucks. I went there once but they were not even able to give me any relevant info. They just told me to try it in the store pffff.

gramkind

Registered
my wife buys every new ipad and iphone as they come out. Once you hit air the difference in them becomes slim. Refurbished or buy a used one would be my suggestion, however my wife would say go stand in line and wait to buy the latest.;)

Thread starter #12
my wife buys every new ipad and iphone as they come out. Once you hit air the difference in them becomes slim. Refurbished or buy a used one would be my suggestion, however my wife would say go stand in line and wait to buy the latest.;)
Haha years ago when in NYC I ended up waiting in line while I had a nearly new iPad but I wanted the 3rd generation for some reason :p

I have Apple shares and I make good money lately ... I wish everyone was like your wife haha.

Eazy

Registered
MG , the only way I buy reburished electronics is if they come with an extended warranty just to be on the safe side. I like buying new Apple products for the reason that there tech lasts a good 5-7 years before it becomes old and dated. I actually bought my IMac off Amazon years ago but made sure it was either from the Apple store or from a trusted seller with 99% seller rating.

I also find researching what I am looking for a lot more helpful then asking those shits at Apple stores and Best Buys, they’re just teenage kids trying to make a sale. So if you have the time just read up on them to do a comparison of different iPads.

Last edited:
Thread starter #14
MG , the only way I buy reburished electronics is if they come with an extended warranty just to be on the safe side. I like buying new Apple products for the reason that there tech lasts a good 5-7 years before it becomes old and dated. I actually bought my IMac off Amazon years ago but made sure it was either from the Apple store or from a trusted seller with 99% seller rating.

I also find researching what I am looking for a lot more helpful then asking those shits at Apple stores and Best Buys, they’re just teenage kids trying to make a sale. So if you have the time just read up on them to do a comparison of different iPads.
Thank you Eazy :).

I agree, there is no way I would go to the Apple Store here. I did once and instead of giving me some advice they told me to have a look around .... Never again.

I'm gonna check amazon again and the sellers. I might buy a new one like you said, I never bought anything refurbished from Apple.

Thread starter #16

Eazy

Registered
If they are sold by Amazon that is your best bet to purchase from them. Reason for this is if they are any problems with it you can send it right back to Amazon with free postage.

Bry

Registered
Thread starter #20
I always purchase the older model due to th price difference.
I then put the savings from that purchased towards my purchase of a newer product down the road.
I might do the same and buy a 2017 model. I asked a fiend of mine (a geek) to check out which iPad model was the best for me. Let's see what he comes up with. I won't buy a Pro because too pricey but a mini looks a bit too small to surf the boards, read and write emails and everything.