What's new

John Jewett 2020 Olympia 212 prep

66Chevy

Super Moderator
I like following John's prep, he is very detailed talking about his diet and training...this starts up where his off-season log left off. Looks to be doing a Push/Pull/Legs type split he details and also a high, medium and low carb day on his off training days.

Goldenrod

VET
I like following John's prep, he is very detailed talking about his diet and training...this starts up where his off-season log left off. Looks to be doing a Push/Pull/Legs type split he details and also a high, medium and low carb day on his off training days.

interesting vid of a pro who listens to his body and does 2 days on and 1 day off unless I misunderstood what he said. He knows his body and how much rest he needs. @PacMan does 2 days on and 1 off if I recall correct and he is the size of a truck, apologies if I am wrong Pac-man. While I don't look like Pacman as I get older doing a push/pull/legs, I too find I get less issues doing 2 days on and 1 day off.

Jonesy83

Lightweight
I dont normally pay much attention to 212 bodybuilders, but I like how detailed his videos are. With Flex moving up to open this could be an interesting year for 212.

Goldenrod

VET
@Goldenrod yes, I love doing 2 on 1 OFF. As you hit Day 2 and you know you get a rest day the following day.

However, right now I switched over to a 3 on, 1 OFF routine for a while. It is good to change things up every few months...

- PacMan
a change is good, might stimulate some more growth if that is possible. You still sitting around 300 lbs of muscle?

PacMan

Seasoned VET
a change is good, might stimulate some more growth if that is possible. You still sitting around 300 lbs of muscle?
Hell no, around 282. Will not go that high again, at 43 it takes a toll on the body.

A little soft for my liking but 2 months. But in the process of changing that now that I am back training hard again...

- PacMan

Upjohn

VET
He's tighten up/hardened up since the last update !! He keeps a great mind set...re: getting super flat when chiseling down/loosing last fat , the mind games yet stay the course !!!

Pretty neat u see his excitement/nervous yet positive/confident in his talk/composer 👌

Cool to see what he puts together coming up here 👍

66Chevy

Super Moderator
Coming off his 13th place finish at the 2020 212 Olympia John is now 12 weeks out from Indy Pro.