What's new

Knee pain when squatting

Brow1430

Super Heavyweight
Hey everyone, some background I'm on 4th week of my first cycle test e 500mg a week. Up until today things have went great with no issues. Gained some weight, mostly water I assume and look more full. Have noticed a increase in strength and strength endurance but haven't tried for any new PRs yet. Today I was doing squats and was going to attempt 435lbs for 6 reps. Previous was 405 for 6 completely natural. I was going up in increments of 50lbs to start and felt great. At 285lbs first rep fine, second rep a little knee discomfort, never thought anything of it, third rep sharp pain on the inside of my right knee at the joint that radiates up to my quad. I stopped after that. Don't notice anything walking or even going up or down stairs, the only time I do notice some discomfort is when the knee is very flexed. My biggest concern is that same knee has already been surgically repaired twice, last time being 6 years ago and zero issues up until today. I work tonight then off for 5 so I'll alternate heat and cold and rest, hopefully it's nothing. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

methodair

The Egotistical Scientist
What style of squat are you using, more of a bodybuilding/olympic weightlifting style, with your knees tracking forward towards your toes?

Brow1430

Super Heavyweight
What style of squat are you using, more of a bodybuilding/olympic weightlifting style, with your knees tracking forward towards your toes?
More powerlifting. Wider stance, toes slightly out and sit back into the squat.

methodair

The Egotistical Scientist
So you were spreading the floor the whole time, there wasn't any weird internal hip rotation?

Brow1430

Super Heavyweight
No it was good. I'm very careful with form. And it wasn't a weight that would cause me to struggle or compromise form.