What's new

Knee Wraps

Thread starter #1
I have been lifting for a while now and due to some old knee injuries I wrap my knees for squats over 315lbs. However I don't know if my wrapping technique is ideal. Is there any resources video or otherwise that would help me make sure I'm wrapping properly?

Thanks in advance

Thread starter #4
But don’t fool yourself. Wrapping knees is to lift more weight not to help your knees.
My knees feel way more stable, I guess it might just be in my head. I definitely know the primary purpose is to lift more weights, but does it not add some support?

NM just read the article and I see what you're saying

My knees feel way more stable, I guess it might just be in my head. I definitely know the primary purpose is to lift more weights, but does it not add some support?

Yes it adds support but you know what else adds more support? More muscle around the joint. It feels like you have more support because the weight feels lighter because the knee wraps makes you lift more because of the rebound in the hole. If you took 50 lbs off the bar you would feel more sturdy as well, similar thing.

Thread starter #6
Yes it adds support but you know what else adds more support? More muscle around the joint. It feels like you have more support because the weight feels lighter because the knee wraps makes you lift more because of the rebound in the hole. If you took 50 lbs off the bar you would feel more sturdy as well, similar thing.
Makes sense.... Thanks for the info!

muscle_n_blood

Super Moderator
I used to love wrapping my knees in preparation for a heavy squat or squat set. That and getting the belt on was an integral part of my mental preparation. Less constricting wraps can give a feeling of confidence but I haven't wrapped up since the onset of serious knee difficulties

Why not try some tight knee sleeves? Adds some stability and keeps your knees warm. I don't wrap unless I'm squatting heavy.

Thread starter #9
I had knee sleeves but they would bunch up behind my legs. Reband I think was the brand.