What's new

Liver fibrosis and protection as well

Goldenrod

Rookie

Interesting read - few items I never heard of. There is a fair amount of evidence that licorice / Glycyrrhizic acid - nit the candy can provide considerable liver protection. I previously wrote about having normal liver enzymes (GGT) for the first times in years and although not entirely sure, licorice root extract from St. Francis is one if the three products I added. High doses can affect your BP and ‘potentially’ loser tour natural test so use with caution..p
There are products/herbs I’ve never heard about on here hence sharing it for anyone who is regularly adding liver toxic substances from our already increasingly toxic world.
It is worth reading.
Take care GR

LesPaul

Rookie
I jumped to the conclusion. Silybin-phospholipids came out on top?

Goldenrod

Rookie
I don’t know what exactly the SPV complex is but Vitamin e has been studied with conflicting results for a host of liver injuries/issues but 800 IU a day of a quality vitamin e product is being used, silybin (milk thistle) is a long standing liver treatment albeit it didn’t help me much. The phospholipids formula makes it more bioavailable but I am yet to find it at any naturopath it herbal remedy store.
I’m surprised phosphatidyl choline wasn’t mentioned anywhere but it wasn’t. I previously wrote about licorice root and ginger and how it helped me. I used wise woman’s licorice root and st. Francis licorice as well. Licorice has its own side effects so it isn’t for everyone.