What's new

Liver Health/Support

Regular

Lightweight
I recently purchased this product, SHIELD from Northern for liver health. May I please have your opinions on the product - thank you. @Goldenrod I'd really like if you wouldn't mind providing your 2 cents as well, I respect your research and opinions on the topic.

R.

IMG_1660.jpg

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
would you mind taking a picture of the ingredients and the amounts? I don't want to google the wrong product - if you can attach a pic of whats in the bottle, I will happily give you my opinion. It has been my experience that multi herb/vitamin products (good ones) are hard to come buy. Usually they don't have enough of the different ingredients unless they are expensive. I have used greens detox as it contains a lot of phosphatidyl choline, spiruluna, chlorella, green tea, etc. but I still take my regular regimen.
Please take a pic.
thanks,
GR

Harley00

Super Heavyweight
Too me it looks under dosed ,i dont see tudca in back ,but i see it on front ,maybe im blind. Your basically paying for the tudca. My opinion though

Harley00

Super Heavyweight
Personally 5% liver and organ is dosed the best i fine but you would need to add tudca for harsher cycles

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Hi again, it looks like 5 pills give you some important ingredients but still I don't think the dosage of most is enough. if it includes Tudca - which I can't really tell at 500 mg, that is a bonus. for example - lethicin is good but I prefer Phosphatidyl choline or just choline and in much higher doses. Sam-e is a very important supplement in protecting the liver and I don't see it most likely because it is expensive. NAC is there but only at 50 mg and the dosage is usually 600 mg twice a day. It isn't a bad product but I prefer to buy my liver protect supplements individually like inositol/choline combo and sam-e, alpha lipoic acid, NAC, milk thistle, etc. I have several posts on liver enzymes and studies on this forum and it might help to read a few.
Not a bad product as it states it provides a decent amount of curcumin which is good for the liver but I don't think there is enough of some of the other ingredients. I rotate 3 at a time per month but I always take Sam-e. I have mild fatty liver hence the desire to have a healthy liver.
Hope this helps @Regular.
If it was me I would finish it off and buy your supplements individually albeit greens detox is a decent product IMO.

PacMan

Seasoned VET
I hate to say it but having just sold my Supplement Company, their are way to many ingredients in there to keep this product at a reasonable price range.

And it states 500mg of Tudca on the front, while reading the panel it is not seen???

-PacMan

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
I hate to say it but having just sold my Supplement Company, their are way to many ingredients in there to keep this product at a reasonable price range.

And it states 500mg of Tudca on the front, while reading the panel it is not seen???

-PacMan
couldn't agree more - I find these products with a plethora of ingredients can't be sold at their sticker price unless there is mislabelling. Unfortunately, there is very little oversight on the products being sold as supplements hence finding good brands that have been around a long time. I didn't know you had a supplement company @PacMan.

Regular

Lightweight
Hi again, it looks like 5 pills give you some important ingredients but still I don't think the dosage of most is enough. if it includes Tudca - which I can't really tell at 500 mg, that is a bonus. for example - lethicin is good but I prefer Phosphatidyl choline or just choline and in much higher doses. Sam-e is a very important supplement in protecting the liver and I don't see it most likely because it is expensive. NAC is there but only at 50 mg and the dosage is usually 600 mg twice a day. It isn't a bad product but I prefer to buy my liver protect supplements individually like inositol/choline combo and sam-e, alpha lipoic acid, NAC, milk thistle, etc. I have several posts on liver enzymes and studies on this forum and it might help to read a few.
Not a bad product as it states it provides a decent amount of curcumin which is good for the liver but I don't think there is enough of some of the other ingredients. I rotate 3 at a time per month but I always take Sam-e. I have mild fatty liver hence the desire to have a healthy liver.
Hope this helps @Regular.
If it was me I would finish it off and buy your supplements individually albeit greens detox is a decent product IMO.
Copy that. Thanks guys - lesson learned.

I've picked up a ton from @Goldenrod about Liver care/support and I'll stick with his recommendations on ingredients and dose. @PacMan makes a good point about the "kitchen sink" approach, I should have pick up on that. Fuck.

Thanks again guys!

Much respect.

R.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Copy that. Thanks guys - lesson learned.

I've picked up a ton from @Goldenrod about Liver care/support and I'll stick with his recommendations on ingredients and dose. @PacMan makes a good point about the "kitchen sink" approach, I should have pick up on that. Fuck.

Thanks again guys!

Much respect.

R.
anytime bud - ask away. More minds, more info - hopefully we can all help each other.