What's new

looking for a good anticatabolic stack

Thread starter #1
As I said I am trying to organize an anticatabolic stack that doesn't overload the liver. I am going to be undertaking some chemotherapy for 2 months and I want to hang on to as much muscle as I can. Not sure how it will effect me (energy,appetite etc) but intend to keep working out as best I can. Just going to use whole body w.o. that is something like chest press, rows and lunges. Short and sweet. Not to taxing.

Anyhow, I am thinking on TRT (androgel) and on top 25mg of Ostarine in am and 15mg MK677 at bedtime.

Anyone have an suggestions for me? New territory for me.

Androgel is a bit of a rollercoaster, but better than nothing. I’ve used a stack of Ostarine, Andarine, and Cardarine with my rx’d Androgel, and found it to have little/no negative side effects (5 days on, 2 days off the stack).
That being said, if you’re faced with chemo it’s likely that anabolism is the last thing your doctor would want. You want to prevent cell growth, not encourage it. Have you spoken to your doctor about muscle wasting concerns? Better to lose muscle and beat cancer than the alternative, but that’s just my opinion.

I can't provide any guidance on what to use in your situation because it's not one that I'm familiar with but i would also like to encourage you to complete treatment and focus on getting better. When you're better you will have the rest of your life to grow.

I've lost all of my gains several times now due to mental health issues and when it is all said and done it does suck but those gains come back so fast and it is very rewarding. Don't burn yourself out by trying to do too much at once.

My $0.02

Having been through Chemo therapy myself, I couldn't imagine working out while doing treatment. I would think this would be like working out while sick (which you literally are). I would focus on eating and keeping your weight up while your doing treatments, this will help your immune system going while it is suppressed from the chemo. Get back at it once you are well again. Stay positive and mentally strong! I'm 6 years cancer free after stage 4 cancer in my lymph nodes with an initial prognosis of 2 months to live and only a 20% chance of living 2 years, did 6 sessions of radiation and 9 chemo treatments. Things can and WILL get better!

Thread starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys. I realize that I won't be able to w.o. as usual. It always makes me feel better (if I don't overdo it) I will play that one by ear. Reason I was asking about anticatabolic is to maintain what I can without interfering with treatment.

Also comcerned about loss of appetite. Anyhow....started today. No too bad so far. Tired.

Here goes. try to let you know what happens

Thanks for the replies guys. I realize that I won't be able to w.o. as usual. It always makes me feel better (if I don't overdo it) I will play that one by ear. Reason I was asking about anticatabolic is to maintain what I can without interfering with treatment.

Also comcerned about loss of appetite. Anyhow....started today. No too bad so far. Tired.

Here goes. try to let you know what happens
Good luck man! Kick its ass!