What's new

Low dose aspirin - numerous health benefits and side effects

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight

People have to decide for themselves (its not for everyone) if the bleeding possibility is outweighed by the mass of health benefits daily low dose aspirin or two 325 mg a week brings.
Significant reduction in cancers of the colon and liver, controls inflammation which is the cause of many health issues, helps with BP if taken at night (this article didn't say that but I posted the article previously), pain relief, and while it isn't being used yet for this purpose yet it is being studied for the following: former toxic drugs to the liver and kidneys that were effective but too toxic - adding aspirin to the drug is showing promise at protecting the organs. The heart disease/stroke is well known.
This article is worth reading IMO.
I take 81 mg a night as I weigh the benefits vs. the side effects.
Food for thought.
take care,
GR

Bubbles

Super Heavyweight

People have to decide for themselves (its not for everyone) if the bleeding possibility is outweighed by the mass of health benefits daily low dose aspirin or two 325 mg a week brings.
Significant reduction in cancers of the colon and liver, controls inflammation which is the cause of many health issues, helps with BP if taken at night (this article didn't say that but I posted the article previously), pain relief, and while it isn't being used yet for this purpose yet it is being studied for the following: former toxic drugs to the liver and kidneys that were effective but too toxic - adding aspirin to the drug is showing promise at protecting the organs. The heart disease/stroke is well known.
This article is worth reading IMO.
I take 81 mg a night as I weigh the benefits vs. the side effects.
Food for thought.
take care,
GR
I also pop one 81 mg every morning at breakfast !

St

Seasoned VET
Well the last time i was at my doctors, ask me if I took asprin.
I guess there are way to many people getting ulcers.
Fish oil(EPA) thins the blood out like aspirin without the long term sides.
It was on CTV news a while back on how the medical community is warning about the ulcers from aspirin.

Testbear

Super Heavyweight
I been doing baby aspirin for years now. If you want a natural source

Aspirin contains salicylate, which derives from willow bark. Its use was first recorded around 400 BCE, in the time of Hippocrates, when people chewed willow bark to relieve inflammation and fever”

Reactions: St

St

Seasoned VET
I been doing baby aspirin for years now. If you want a natural source

Aspirin contains salicylate, which derives from willow bark. Its use was first recorded around 400 BCE, in the time of Hippocrates, when people chewed willow bark to relieve inflammation and fever”
It's hard to find Now, I took it in the late 90's. I found some a few years ago in tabs form, plus I found it in liquid form.

Upjohn

Super Heavyweight
I was taking aspirin daily for a long time. Last year when I had that flu and I was puking all night and ripped my Inner throat lining and they ended up doing a scope of my stomach. No ulcers but I had massive amounts of bacteria that caused it. I went on that six-month anabiotic regime to clear it up. They told me no more aspirin or any kind of that shit also used to take Robax-platinum a lot for my muscle also. They gave me this non-steroid all muscle relaxant that’s better for my stomach whenever I need it kinda deal.

Reactions: St
I take the 81 mg a day aspirin. Many doctors take it daily and have done so for years, when I was young they couldn't explain why it works but just that they see many health benefits from taking it.

Harley00

Super Heavyweight
Doesn't baby aspirin make you dependent, on it ,basically once you start you cant stop after
A long time doing it ?

Harley00

Super Heavyweight
It was on CTV news a while back on how the medical community is warning about the ulcers from aspirin.
I did not no about the fish oil doing this ,thats good info

Bstatic

Super Heavyweight
They also use fish oils to reduce cholesterol. Salisyic acid from Willow bark (aspirin) was also the first disinfectant, it's what is in wart remover and acne treatments.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
I also pop one 81 mg every morning at breakfast !
Just a FYI - if your looking for any BP help, there was a significant study showing that people who took it at night had lower BP, in the morning no. I was surprised and they don't know why. I posted it here somewhere and believe it was a large study over a long period of time as we all know BP issues are silent killers.
Hope all is well @Bubbles

millenium girl

CJM’s GROUPIE
My surgeon made me stop taking aspirin (Asaflow). He said that if I was involved in a car accident I could bleed to death. I was taking it to prevent coloncancer which runs in the family.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
My surgeon made me stop taking aspirin (Asaflow). He said that if I was involved in a car accident I could bleed to death. I was taking it to prevent coloncancer which runs in the family.
Best not to take it then. Docs know best - most of the time.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
True - it is a side effect. Risk vs. reward I guess sort of like taking gear. I see the benefits outweighing the risks but each to their own. I am in no way saying do this - just information for the members.
Appreciate you info @St

Bubbles

Super Heavyweight
Just a FYI - if your looking for any BP help, there was a significant study showing that people who took it at night had lower BP, in the morning no. I was surprised and they don't know why. I posted it here somewhere and believe it was a large study over a long period of time as we all know BP issues are silent killers.
Hope all is well @Bubbles
I didn't know that !
Thanks GR .
Have a good one !