What's new

Lowering cholesterol with oregano oil

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
Another easily available and relatively cheap supplement. Used for colds/viruses and bacterial infections and a host of other issues - there is evidence it will lower your cholesterol and help BP.

There are considerably more good articles / studies out there to read. There was concern that oregano oil may kill the good gut bacteria in the same manner as antibiotics but from experience, using it daily for months during cold and flu season, it had no negative sides. I buy the most potent I can find from St. Francis.
As to the viruses and bacteria - helping to get over colds, etc. I don’t find oregano does that much in comparison to olive leaf extract which is also known to be heart healthy - thanks to @Bigtuna84. I use olive leaf extract when I get a cold with oregano oil (oregano oil by itself will not prevent the chest infections I am prone to).

Satsao

Lightweight
Oh great article. I was thinking about vitamin c for cholesterol. But definitly will give that a try with oregano oil.

Goldenrod

Super Heavyweight
@Satsao - vitamin c should be a staple in everyone's supplement regimen. It does so much, I won’t bore you listing it all. Unfortunately, we can only absorb so much orally. I used Injectible a few times when I was really sick with the flu but it hurt like a MFer. I take between 2-5 grams a day in divided doses or you will get diarrhea.
Take it regardless, it’s cheap and is an excellent/versatile antioxidant.