What's new

MAPLE APP REFERRAL

Oldmaniron

Has anyone used the Maple App to get a blood work referral.....?

Thanks in advance.

OMI

Oldmaniron

what did you discuss with the online Dr to get it all looked after if I may ask?

littlemac

I just used it today. Was using letsgetchecked before but it's wicked expensive. I paid the 49$, waited 5 minutes chatted with a doctor and just told him I wanted a full male hormone bloodwork done with lipids, thyroid, estradiol, prolactin, free test, test total, LH, FSH etc...

His reply was here's your requisition form, just print it and bring it to the closest Dynacare lab.

Best 49$ spent ever.

I just used it today. Was using letsgetchecked before but it's wicked expensive. I paid the 49$, waited 5 minutes chatted with a doctor and just told him I wanted a full male hormone bloodwork done with lipids, thyroid, estradiol, prolactin, free test, test total, LH, FSH etc...

His reply was here's your requisition form, just print it and bring it to the closest Dynacare lab.

Best 49$ spent ever.

Hey good idea, I downloaded the app but have not used it yet. Do you know if your results can be just given to you and not your family doc? I am curious if I can get bloods done without my family doc seeing or knowing about it. Do they review the results or is that another charge? Can I see the bloodwork results without them reviewing it or paying again?

littlemac

He told me the results are sent to him and he uploads them to the app for you to see.

No need to pay again as far as I know.

nitrous

Rookie
For those that are curious, if MSP covers your blood work your family doctor will get a copy. If you pay a naturopath and get the blood work done through them you have to pay for your bloodwork but your family doctor doesn't get a copy of those. At least that has been my experience and thought I would share.

littlemac

For those that are curious, if MSP covers your blood work your family doctor will get a copy. If you pay a naturopath and get the blood work done through them you have to pay for your bloodwork but your family doctor doesn't get a copy of those. At least that has been my experience and thought I would share.
Didn't know what MSP was googled it quick, is it a BC only thing? I'm in Quebec so I don't think it applies to everyone. The Maple FAQ says everything is private and confidential and stays between you and the doctor you are dealing with.

Oldmaniron

Best 49$ spent ever.
Thank you so much!!!!
Doing it tomorrow !!!
👊🏻👊🏻👊🏻

LesPaul

Rookie

Best 49$ spent ever.
Tried it today. I guess it will depend on what doctor you draw. I asked for full male hormone panel and she told me it was a waste of resources without having some kind of baseline. I went for broke on the hormone labs.

I ended up with total test, free test & estradiol plus lipids & CBC. Still good value for $49.

littlemac

Yeah, I think it depends who you get, for me he was going to give me pretty much the same you got, but I was honest with the guy and told him I might have done steroids and wanted to check how my recovery was going. He added the rest no questions asked.

I used the app today. It was great. $49 and I got a requisition for bloodwork and an X-ray. I didn’t think to ask but I am guessing I will have to pay to get my results afterwards?

Deetermined

Rookie
For QC I have used EQ Care and got full blood work and follow up for $50.
Given I was finishing up a TNT Winstrol cycle my Cholesterol results were not in line so I got another script to look into this for no extra cost.
I confirmed it would not be sent to my family doctor but they were very insistent that I do this so that they could continue to monitor me over the long term, but in the end its totally up to me.

LesPaul

Rookie
I used the app today. It was great. $49 and I got a requisition for bloodwork and an X-ray. I didn’t think to ask but I am guessing I will have to pay to get my results afterwards?
Good question! I went on and ask them in the chat window. I have dynacare plus so I just get my labs sent there direct. I'm just using the service for labs. Not medical advice.
maple.png

Last edited:

Sorbate

Rookie
Heath care will cover the cost of the labs, all you pay for is the visitation. I went and asked.