What's new

Mcgreggor v.s. Mayweather jr.

I would love to see it happen but if it is a boxing match then I would guess that Mcgreggor has no chance. They are both drawn by the potential huge payout but neither of them want to possibly risk a loss and knock to their ego. It is a tough decision for them to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter #4
I wanna see boxing or kickbox rules with mma gloves. No take downs. I haven't paid for a ppv for a long time but I would for that one!

This is going to happen but only when Mayweather gets the money he thinks he deserves. I think McGregor can stun Floyd, because Conor is not a conventional boxer and does not stand or think the same was as a boxer. His approach, angles, and level changes will be different from any opponent Floyd has faced. Another aspect is that boxers can sometimes predict what his opponent will do because boxing can be repetitive and the same combos are delivered where as Conor is not a boxer and does not think like a boxer so his combos will be a lot different. Expect Conor to counter with a left to stun Floyd. Conor's conditioning will be the biggest issue for him.

The winning competitor will be the one for whom the rules are pointed more towards their side. To think McGregor will last a round in a true boxing match is naive in my opinion. It's insulting to a man who has dedicated his life to the trade. I could stand to be surprised. Who knows?

YODATRON

Registered
It will take a lot to make this happen but would like to see it if McGregor can't knock Floyd out fast then Floyd will win on points.

tren

Registered
What happens if McGregor gets fed up with Floyd's defense and just decides to throw a vicious leg kick and take out Floyd's hundred-million-dollar knee?

I'm sure there's going to be something in the contract that says McGregor will forfeit his winnings if he breaks the rules.

I don't think Conor minds losing, who would care when getting paid like he will. He will use the excuse of I took a chance and fought arguably the best boxer in the world and came up short.

Bigwheel

Registered
Lol what a joke anyone who thinks Connor has a chance is fucked, just like if Mayweather stepped in the octagon he would get schooled 2 totally different sports.

Exactly! Reminds me of when Brock Lesnar "decided" he was gonna play in the NFL. I'm big and strong and fast...that's all you need right? It's actually insulting to the true journeymen in that sport. And of course, Lesnar got a mud hole stomped in his ass and walked dry. Just like one of those linemen would if they fought Brock in a cage.

presa

Registered
Connor is a true artist when is comes to MMA but Floyd would pick him apart in the ring...I can't remember how many times I was sure Mayweather met his match then again and again he proved me wrong. Although I would love to see it as well, Floyd has nothing to prove and he sure doesn't need any extra cash so don't bank on any more than a media war.

Thread starter #18
Well I was trying not to get my hopes up but I think there is just too much money involved for this not to happen!

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk