What's new

MGF - MECHANO GROWTH FACTOR

Bigtuna84

Super Moderator
MGF - MECHANO GROWTH FACTOR

This is by far my favourite peptide to use and on my list of notable recommended peptides.

MGF is a split from IGF1. It is only locally produced inside the muscle. Its produced naturally as a response to physical overload aka damage to the muscle fibers. MGF has a completely different receptor than IGF1 and works a bit different. It actually blocks the IGF1 receptor with an antibody and works on said different receptor. It increases myoblsat proliferation and works via muscle stemm cell activation that donate nuclei to the fibers and make them grow.

Ok now again away from the scientific gibberish, back to simple terms and what MGF does well. Now there are alot of idiots out there that will tell you that MGF has to be injected sub Q and that it will work systemically. Thats utter bullshit. Maybe the PEG version will have minimal systemic activity but even that is a bit dumb to assume. So how to use MGF or its PEG MGF brother?

Simple local injections after the muscle has been damaged. The ONLY way to help with muscle growth is to make your damaged muscle feel "more damaged" as in you multiply the signal pathway so your body will respond with more cell growth and adaptation.

Now there is a way to enhance MGF even further with the said PEG molecule, atleast in “theory”. I am not a fan of PEG modulated molecules since they can change the complete behaviour. Also MGF is not produced 24/7 at a distinct rate. As soon as you damage your muscles your body will produce MGF in pulses, kinda like GH. A baseline would be great if it would work that way, but i have no studies nor reports on legit PEG MGF that did exactly what it’s suppose to.

A protocol that would be "the best" would incorporate PEG MGF and MGF. Shoot PEG MGF before you train (200-300mcg at least) in the trained bodypart. As soon as youre done with your workout shoot the regular MGF in the muscle (IM as always no subq bullshit).

In summary:

- real MGF is a fucking GAMECHANGER
- hard to use ( atleast 4-5 injects a day unless the PEG really works)
- is somewhat a hormonal cheat
- dosages range from 100-300mcg every shot 4-5 times a day
- id recommend trying it for 2 weeks at 100mcg 5 times a day following a pump workout

Jdave

Official CJM Suck Baby
So MGF utilizes it’s own receptor but blocks IGF1 receptor?
Safe to assume not to a good idea to use both together?

Bigtuna84

Super Moderator
@Jdave Either/or. And if going the IGF1 route not the IGFLR3 and DES peptides real FDA approved Increlex which is impossible to find. I can explain why these peptides are failures if your interested.

Jdave

Official CJM Suck Baby
@Jdave Either/or. And if going the IGF1 route not the IGFLR3 and DES peptides real FDA approved Increlex which is impossible to find. I can explain why these peptides are failures if your interested.
Hey please do! I don’t plan on using peptides or growth / igf1 but I’d always like to expand my knowledge base

PeptidesPrionsProtein

Lightweight
Good stuff Tuna, so MGF is essentially the peptide version of ARA? And does the protocol require IM or SubQ injections to the area which will be worked? ie pin delts for shoulder day

ambush

Super Heavyweight
Bigtuna84

I know source fishing is banned but since mgf is openly sold online for researche purposes, I was wondering you can tell which you had great success ordering from?

Bigtuna84

Super Moderator
Good stuff Tuna, so MGF is essentially the peptide version of ARA? And does the protocol require IM or SubQ injections to the area which will be worked? ie pin delts for shoulder day
@PeptidesPrionsProtein the protocol is IM injections for the muscle which will be trained. PEG MGF pre workout directly into muscle which you will train...since I am skeptical of the PEG molecule. Followed by MGF post workout directly in muscle trained and I would continue this every 2-3 hours.

Cashton

Heavyweight
@PeptidesPrionsProtein the protocol is IM injections for the muscle which will be trained. PEG MGF pre workout directly into muscle which you will train...since I am skeptical of the PEG molecule. Followed by MGF post workout directly in muscle trained and I would continue this every 2-3 hours.
I’ve been doing 200mcg into each muscle trained 1-injection postworkout(directly after, I prep my shots pre workout and do within 5 mins of last set) after injection I go and do one more set of the muscle injected. Usually do 4 injections a day, have seen wonderful results and I’m just roughly a week in. Not using the PEG Bullshit.

Affliction79

Seasoned VET
Dat gave me scientific proof as to how mgf (non-peg) would heal muscle atrophy from injury. It did help in me achieving more symmetry. I posted the protocol on here years back, you think I could find it lol

edit:
Found it! Posted below

Last edited:

Affliction79

Seasoned VET
FIBER DAMAGE/FIBER SATURATION TRAINING is a training protocol advanced by Eric Broser. None of the methodologies are new...for example others have long emphasized time under tension (TUT) principles & emphasized pre-workout nutrition...never-the-less IMHO this training method is very adaptable and very effective. This thread hopefully will generate discussion from those that have utilized these methods and on how to adapt them to create programs for growth.

The following is Eric Broser's explanation of this training. I have edited it for brevity...and I am also inserting my belief that the nutrition protocol does not need to be followed exactly.

With FIBER DAMAGE/FIBER SATURATION TRAINING (FD/FS) the workout is basically broken into 2 phases.

In the first phase (fiber damage), the goal is to utilize training protocols known to cause significant micro-trauma in the muscle fibers...a necessary step to setting the growth process in motion. The techniques to be used in order to achieve this goal are:

• 1) Heavy Weights,
  • 2) Eccentric Emphasis, and
  • 3) Stretch Under Tension.

Once you have damaged the muscle fibers the goal is to now bathe them with as much nutrient/hormone-rich blood as humanly possible (fiber saturation)... to facilitate immediate repairs, and take advantage of the fact that during a workout (especially when high repetitions are involved) there is as much as five times the normal amount of blood flowing directly to the muscles than when at rest.

The techniques to be used in order to achieve this goal (FS) are:

• 1) Very High Repetitions,
  • 2) Continuous Tension, and
  • 3) Post Activation Supersets (compound movement followed by isolation movement).

The goal when performing FS sets is to use a "piston-like" tempo, where the weight is almost constantly moving. There is no time for "stretch and squeeze," as all we wish to do is force so much blood into the target muscle that it feels like it may burst. The muscle has already undergone the trauma necessary during FD, and now it is time to nourish it.

In order for FD/FS training to work to its potential, there is also a nutritional protocol to be used along with the program. The types of training techniques utilized during the FD phase are very brutal on both the muscles and CNS, which is why the FS stage of the workout is a necessary component. Since there will be a tremendous amount of blood traveling to the muscles during FS, we can take further advantage of this by overloading the system with certain nutrients before, during, and right after training. The period starting from right before the workout to immediately after is your greatest opportunity nutritionally to hasten the muscle building process.

I would say that FD/FS training is about 30-40% more effective for muscle hypertrophy when the following protocol is utilized:

45 minutes before training:

-Whey Protein Isolate...50 grams
-Waxy Maize Starch or Maltodextrin…50 grams
-Vitamin C...1000 mg
-Phosphatidylserine...800 mg

Sip starting 15 minutes before workout and then throughout workout:

-Waxy Maize Starch or Maltodextrin...25 grams
-Gatorade or similar drink containing electrolytes and glucose...25 grams
-Essential Amino Acids 5-10 grams
-BCAA’s...15-20 grams
-Glutamine...15-20 grams
-Creatine...5 grams
-Beta Alanine...3 grams

15 minutes post workout:

-Waxy Maize Starch or Maltodextrin...50 grams
-Antioxidant Blend (I like Radox by Syntrax)...1 serving

*Other ingredients can be used as well at all three times, such as ATP, citrulline, arginine, ALA, etc, but the above is more than enough to feed your muscles what they need.

Here is a sample chest workout for both intermediate and advanced trainees:

Intermediate FD/FS Workout:

-Bench Press...2 x 3-4 (3/0/X tempo) <- Heavy slow eccentric
-Incline Press...2 x 5-6 (6/1/1 tempo) <- Heavy slow eccentric
-Incline DB Flye...2 x 7-8 (2/4/1 tempo) <- Stretch under tension
-Machine Bench Press...1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps) <- Fiber saturation "pump" set
-Smith Incline Press...1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)<- Fiber saturation "pump" set
-Cable Crossover...1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo)<- Fiber saturation "pump" set

*Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of last three movements should be no more than 1-2 minutes.

Advanced FD/FS Workout:

-Bench Press…2 x 3-4 + 1-2 forced reps (3/0/X tempo) <- Heavy slow eccentric
-Smith Incline Press...2 x 2-3 +1 + 1 + 1 rest/pause style (6/1/1 tempo) or ...Eccentric Only Smith Incline Press**...2 x 5-6 (6 second negatives) <- Heavy slow eccentric
-Machine Bench Press...2 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)<- Fiber saturation "pump" set
-Superset: Machine Dips (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps) /Pec Deck (1/0/1 tempo)...1 x 20-25 each<- Fiber saturation "pump" set

*Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of high rep movement should be no more than 1-2 minutes. Rest between exercises during superset should be no more than 15 seconds.

**When performing an eccentric only set you must have one to two spotters available to lift the weight back into the start position. Remember, most trainees are 30-40% stronger when lifting eccentrically than concentrically.

NOTE: The absolute MOST important part of FD/FS is the TEMPOS!!

To properly work the muscle the way we need to with the eccentric and stretch under load components (DAMAGE), the reps should be no higher than 6-10 maxiumum. I like 6-8 most of the time.

And, for the SATURATION you will need sets of 20+ reps...often as high as 50 for advanced lifters.

Max total sets for large bodyparts should be 7. For smaller parts, 4-6 sets.

Tempo refers to the amount of time in seconds it takes to lower a weight (eccentric contraction), hold the stretch position, and raise a weight (concentric contraction).

So, a 3/0/X tempo represents a 3 second eccentric, 0 second pause at stretch and an e(X)plosive concentric rep.

A 2/4/1 tempo represents a 2 second eccentric, 4 second stretch pause, and a 1 second concentric.

SECOND NOTE: I just want to mention that rest-pause is not an inherent part of FDFS, like it is with DC. The main components of FDFS are negative emphasis, stretch pause, and high rep blood saturation. While rest-pause CAN be added in...I have done this with masterschamp...it is not standard in FDFS. - EB

Here is a sample:

• hack squats (5/1/1)...2 x 6-8 <- Heavy slow eccentric
  • leg press (4/1/X)...2 x 6-8 <- Heavy slow eccentric
  • sissy squats (2/4/1)...2 x 6-8 <- Stretch under tension
  • leg extension (1/0/1)...1 x 30+ <- Fiber saturation "pump" set
  • lying leg curl (4/1/1)...2 x 6-8 <- Heavy slow eccentric
  • stiff deadlift (2/3/1)...2 x 6-8 <- Stretch under tension
  • seated leg curl (1/0/1)...1 x 30+ <- Fiber saturation "pump" set

I used the same routine effectively w/ the one exception of substituting "lying leg curls" w/ "sumo (hamstring) leg press".

Affliction79

Seasoned VET
FIBER DAMAGE/FIBER SATURATION TRAINING is a training protocol advanced by Eric Broser. None of the methodologies are new...for example others have long emphasized time under tension (TUT) principles & emphasized pre-workout nutrition...never-the-less IMHO this training method is very adaptable and very effective. This thread hopefully will generate discussion from those that have utilized these methods and on how to adapt them to create programs for growth.

The following is Eric Broser's explanation of this training. I have edited it for brevity...and I am also inserting my belief that the nutrition protocol does not need to be followed exactly.

With FIBER DAMAGE/FIBER SATURATION TRAINING (FD/FS) the workout is basically broken into 2 phases.

In the first phase (fiber damage), the goal is to utilize training protocols known to cause significant micro-trauma in the muscle fibers...a necessary step to setting the growth process in motion. The techniques to be used in order to achieve this goal are:

• 1) Heavy Weights,

Once you have damaged the muscle fibers the goal is to now bathe them with as much nutrient/hormone-rich blood as humanly possible (fiber saturation)... to facilitate immediate repairs, and take advantage of the fact that during a workout (especially when high repetitions are involved) there is as much as five times the normal amount of blood flowing directly to the muscles than when at rest.

• 3) Post Activation Supersets (compound movement followed by isolation movement).

The goal when performing FS sets is to use a "piston-like" tempo, where the weight is almost constantly moving. There is no time for "stretch and squeeze," as all we wish to do is force so much blood into the target muscle that it feels like it may burst. The muscle has already undergone the trauma necessary during FD, and now it is time to nourish it.

In order for FD/FS training to work to its potential, there is also a nutritional protocol to be used along with the program. The types of training techniques utilized during the FD phase are very brutal on both the muscles and CNS, which is why the FS stage of the workout is a necessary component. Since there will be a tremendous amount of blood traveling to the muscles during FS, we can take further advantage of this by overloading the system with certain nutrients before, during, and right after training. The period starting from right before the workout to immediately after is your greatest opportunity nutritionally to hasten the muscle building process.

I would say that FD/FS training is about 30-40% more effective for muscle hypertrophy when the following protocol is utilized:

-Vitamin C...1000 mg

-BCAA’s...15-20 grams
-Glutamine...15-20 grams
-Creatine...5 grams
-Beta Alanine...3 grams

15 minutes post workout:

*Other ingredients can be used as well at all three times, such as ATP, citrulline, arginine, ALA, etc, but the above is more than enough to feed your muscles what they need.

-Machine Bench Press...1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps) <- Fiber saturation "pump" set
-Smith Incline Press...1 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)<- Fiber saturation "pump" set

*Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of last three movements should be no more than 1-2 minutes.

Advanced FD/FS Workout:

-Smith Incline Press...2 x 2-3 +1 + 1 + 1 rest/pause style (6/1/1 tempo) or ...Eccentric Only Smith Incline Press**...2 x 5-6 (6 second negatives) <- Heavy slow eccentric
-Machine Bench Press...2 x 30-40 (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps)<- Fiber saturation "pump" set
-Superset: Machine Dips (1/0/1 tempo; non-lock-out reps) /Pec Deck (1/0/1 tempo)...1 x 20-25 each<- Fiber saturation "pump" set

*Rest between sets on first three movements should be about 2-3 minutes. Rest between sets of high rep movement should be no more than 1-2 minutes. Rest between exercises during superset should be no more than 15 seconds.

**When performing an eccentric only set you must have one to two spotters available to lift the weight back into the start position. Remember, most trainees are 30-40% stronger when lifting eccentrically than concentrically.

To properly work the muscle the way we need to with the eccentric and stretch under load components (DAMAGE), the reps should be no higher than 6-10 maxiumum. I like 6-8 most of the time.

And, for the SATURATION you will need sets of 20+ reps...often as high as 50 for advanced lifters.

Tempo refers to the amount of time in seconds it takes to lower a weight (eccentric contraction), hold the stretch position, and raise a weight (concentric contraction).

So, a 3/0/X tempo represents a 3 second eccentric, 0 second pause at stretch and an e(X)plosive concentric rep.

A 2/4/1 tempo represents a 2 second eccentric, 4 second stretch pause, and a 1 second concentric.

SECOND NOTE: I just want to mention that rest-pause is not an inherent part of FDFS, like it is with DC. The main components of FDFS are negative emphasis, stretch pause, and high rep blood saturation. While rest-pause CAN be added in...I have done this with masterschamp...it is not standard in FDFS. - EB

Here is a sample:

I used the same routine effectively w/ the one exception of substituting "lying leg curls" w/ "sumo (hamstring) leg press".
dat recommended shooting Non peg mgf in the muscle group that you are trying to bring up, pre and post workout. Great for healing old injuries @Goldenrod

Beefeater

Super Heavyweight

• 1) Heavy Weights,

-Vitamin C...1000 mg

-BCAA’s...15-20 grams
-Glutamine...15-20 grams
-Creatine...5 grams
-Beta Alanine...3 grams

15 minutes post workout:

Advanced FD/FS Workout:

Here is a sample:

Thank for all this, some great stuff that I will definitely be incorporating.

Affliction79

Seasoned VET
Thank for all this, some great stuff that I will definitely be incorporating.
we have our own Dat here at cjm, his name is @Bigtuna84 he may be able to provide more insight. Dat also recommended using what he called a swell drink with this protocol as well. I’ll dig that up and post it here for mr tuna to analyze as well