What's new

MGF - MECHANO GROWTH FACTOR

Bigtuna84

Super Moderator
Dat gave me scientific proof as to how mgf (non-peg) would heal muscle atrophy from injury. It did help in me achieving more symmetry. I posted the protocol on here years back, you think I could find it lol

edit:
Found it! Posted below
MGF works as an enhancer for workouts or as some sort of workout if your muscle is damaged. The thing is your muscle HAS to be damaged as in being trained or injured. It does not pile on muscles if you do nothing.

Dat was trying to wrap his head around peptides as much as he could he did some amino acid swaps and I think he did his own PEG MGF too. Even his somewhat simple approach has shown that even without training and proper hormonal environtment he grew a bit. His main purpose was healing some injuries. And healing some injuries is the current research standpoint for MGF.

Jonesy83

Super Heavyweight
@Bigtuna84 thanks for the post. Do you have a suggestion for using mgf to bring up an atrophied muscle.
I had a bad knee dislocation when I was young after two botched surgeries over a couple years I thought I was stuck with a bad knee and didnt train it got to the point I was walking with a cane and a brace.
It was about ten years later I had another surgery wich removed several large calcium growths and repaired my ACL that surgeon told me I had osteoarthritis in my right knee and my only real option was a replacement.
I decided against the replacement and focused my attention on how to train to stabilize knee and reduce inflammation. After 2 years of training I went from not being able to stand up out of a chair without using my arms and assisted walking to being able to squat 375 for 8 reps (I use wraps once I get to 315).
I do lots of unilateral training and my right leg is actually stronger than my left now but I have a visibly obvious atrophy to the rectus femoris and vastus medialis.
This thread has me interested if there is a protocol just to focus on a specific muscle on leg days.

Bigtuna84

Super Moderator
@Bigtuna84 thanks for the post. Do you have a suggestion for using mgf to bring up an atrophied muscle.
I had a bad knee dislocation when I was young after two botched surgeries over a couple years I thought I was stuck with a bad knee and didnt train it got to the point I was walking with a cane and a brace.
It was about ten years later I had another surgery wich removed several large calcium growths and repaired my ACL that surgeon told me I had osteoarthritis in my right knee and my only real option was a replacement.
I decided against the replacement and focused my attention on how to train to stabilize knee and reduce inflammation. After 2 years of training I went from not being able to stand up out of a chair without using my arms and assisted walking to being able to squat 375 for 8 reps (I use wraps once I get to 315).
I do lots of unilateral training and my right leg is actually stronger than my left now but I have a visibly obvious atrophy to the rectus femoris and vastus medialis.
This thread has me interested if there is a protocol just to focus on a specific muscle on leg days.
4-5 shots a day of 100mcg-200mcg in each muscle. Now the main thing with this is going to be training you follow. An ahtlete would need significant "pump" work as in doing very small weights for a very high rep count, very focused on squeezing the muscles. Since GH and slin would be out of the equation for you I would recommend in between sets go into the locker room and administer MGF locally.

Try to incorporate stretching after being done with your bodypart, it will definitely improve your growth.

maxmuscle1

Super Heavyweight
Can someone post up a MGF profile just for informational purposes. I love to read about growth factor/peptides.

JonnyO

Super Moderator
It's been a while since I used it but if I remember right I used Peg MGF, but took it a few hours post training into the muscle worked that day. I waited a few hours after because right after you train there is a burst of localized MGF, so I waited for that to clear then blasted it in for more. I was on myriad of peptides at the time but I was at my biggest at that time too so all it was working well. I was taking IGF DES pre w/o at that time too.

edarrin

Super Heavyweight
Interesting stuff.

Not to change the topic as it is still in the site growth sphere. I have been thinking about IGF-1 DES into my shoulders to stimulate extra growth as I seem to have 'flat' medial delts. Interested on your thoughts on this if you have some time/interest

Bigtuna84

Super Moderator
Interesting stuff.

Not to change the topic as it is still in the site growth sphere. I have been thinking about IGF-1 DES into my shoulders to stimulate extra growth as I seem to have 'flat' medial delts. Interested on your thoughts on this if you have some time/interest
Waste of money. You will be disappointed. I would take a long hard look at your training. Medial development will generally be majority of the size most people are after. That being the case, be sure to line up your delt movements appropriately for where your medial head inserts. Just to give you an example, a traditional lateral raise, isn’t one size fits all. Your hand may need to be slightly in front of your delts. Maybe significantly 🤷‍♂️

You can tax the shoulder with different movements to target the shortened and lengthened position of the muscle. The lateral raises I mentioned above (IF PERFORMED WITH A DUMBBELL) is pretty fucking useless in the lengthened range. There’s less resistance the lower the dumbbells are as they get closer to your centre of mass/gravity only pushes straight down. Cable lateral raises or “Y” raises are a better option generally.

Last edited:

edarrin

Super Heavyweight
Thanks for the reply. I do use a variety of shoulder exercises, mostly overhead press (bar behind neck), the lateral raise without lowering it far enough to take tension off the muscle, and rear delt raise with internal rotation singly with rope. Always train with muscle under continous tension. Vary the cadence. Don't know if you have any tricks up your sleeve. They just are not developing the way I would like.

Have not tried IGF-1 DES but have read it is good for local muscle growth