What's new

Michael Turk 225 bench press

EastCoast'er

Super Heavyweight
Inspired by the recent Michael Turk NFL combine presentation of completing 25 Reps @ 225 lb Bench press, passing the record holder Michael Bennett of 24 Reps set back in 2009.

My question is, have any CJM monsters attempted a 225 max rep challenge. For fun at the local gym or for competition.
Curious to see if 25 Reps is something to brag and write home about.
And Where our fellow Monsters match up against these professionals.

Being a new NFL combine record dating back to 2009 , I assume 25 Reps is a bragging record to hold.
Myself, I have never tried such high Reps. But knowing I can comfortably complete 4 sets 12 Reps @225. But never furthered the Rep range of 12 but rather uping the weight.

Let’s hear some feedback ! What’s your opinion on 225lb for 25 Reps

Saxonshore

Middleweight
He's a kicker which is impressive. The OL and DL would kick his ass. But nonetheless, 25 times is impressive in my books.

Riverj3t

Lightweight
I can do 23 reps and that's when I was natty 2 years ago I'm also 25 years old

I have tried it for fun twice at the end of a bench session. I don’t train endurance at all because I am a powerlifting. I was able to get 25 reps and 27 reps. It isn’t fun and you get to the point where you just can’t push but it doesn’t feel heavy, like having noodle arms. Keep in mind these players train the bench specifically for the 225 rep out so imagine if you did that for a couple months I am sure your reps would get much better.

Riverj3t

Lightweight
you obviously have excellent genetics for this - that is an incredible lift being natural and 23.
Thanks man I appreciate that ! I was pretty fucking hungover to... a guy said I wasnt able to do it so I went the next day and did it I'll try to find the video of it later on for ya

Hussell

Super Heavyweight
@ironim i am blown away at the 23 @ 315 jesus christ lol that's massive

irongame66

Middleweight
They werent PL strict reps and he wore elbow sleeves. Let me find the video, hang tight.
(Natty, barrel chest type of lifter). Weighed around 275 at the time..

irongame66

Middleweight
Likes do do the "butt bounce" thing (again, not contest reps) but strong/piston like.

I cant find the 225 for 49 reps, but trust me, he did it. (In that style at least). Natty and clueless about gear and stuff, didnt know what Superdrol or pro-hormones were, I had to explain it to him.

Hussell

Super Heavyweight
@irongame66 man I don't care how his reps looked that's impressive to me wicked man just a naturally gifted strong dude.

irongame66

Middleweight
We filmed that at "Hard Nocks Gym" in Amesbury MA (Thanksgiving morning 8 years back). (John Cena's old gym when he lived here).
Dave Nock ran it for like 50 years or something, passed away recently, gym has sold. Hope it remains.
A local institution...

Hussell

Super Heavyweight
That's awesome man we don't have anything like that where I live you need to go to the city for that kind of atmosphere

Big belly

Super Heavyweight
Likes do do the "butt bounce" thing (again, not contest reps) but strong/piston like.

I cant find the 225 for 49 reps, but trust me, he did it. (In that style at least). Natty and clueless about gear and stuff, didnt know what Superdrol or pro-hormones were, I had to explain it to him.

Very impressed