What's new

MIKE TYSON IS BACK? 🥊🥊

Goldenrod

VET
I'm pretty sure its official, you can even see in that last side by side video, they edited in the video thats circulating of them both signing the contract to fight! I am pumped for this as I really want to see what Tyson can do! There are some other CURRENT boxers that are saying Tyson still has enough power to take on many right now that are fighting at half his age and some wouldn't even want to fight him haha.. I just hope he kicks ass as I want him to stay the legend he is and not have an exhibition fight tarnish it in anyway! 💪
agree - he has the power of most HW's but he is slower and older. With age and too many shots, it is easier to get knocked out and hurt. He has been hit a lot and I simply don't want to see any legend (either) past their prime get hurt. It is exciting and I loved watching his fights - a complete animal and often outweighed by 20-30 lbs but hit harder than anyone. I wouldn't want to take a shot from that man. He use to get in close and hit you in the kidneys and then uppercut, it was so fast you could barely see his hands move. Further, not many HW's knocked guys out with body shots but he could do it. He was one in a billion. So was Jones but they are completely different fighters - I will watch for sure.

thinkfree

Super Heavyweight
agree - he has the power of most HW's but he is slower and older. With age and too many shots, it is easier to get knocked out and hurt. He has been hit a lot and I simply don't want to see any legend (either) past their prime get hurt. It is exciting and I loved watching his fights - a complete animal and often outweighed by 20-30 lbs but hit harder than anyone. I wouldn't want to take a shot from that man. He use to get in close and hit you in the kidneys and then uppercut, it was so fast you could barely see his hands move. Further, not many HW's knocked guys out with body shots but he could do it. He was one in a billion. So was Jones but they are completely different fighters - I will watch for sure.
I think in this fight, Jones has a much bigger chance of being hurt based on power from Tyson... but anything can happen, as you said, age does make a huge difference here. I just read however, they will be using larger gloves for this fight... 12oz instead of the sanctioned professional fight 10oz gloves... should help a little in the head injury department, at least I hope as I would not want to see either legend get punch drunk by doing an exhibition match.

SmashingMachine

Super Heavyweight
it will be an exhibition match i don't see anyone going for the KO but dam I hope im wrong lol
Hopefully Iron Mikes animal instinct kicks in and autopilot takes over.... causing him to go for the big KO. We also have to remember... he did bite off Holyfields ear back in the day Lol

I just want to see that old ferocious, powerhouse Iron Mike. What a legend.

Upjohn

Super Heavyweight
Hopefully Iron Mikes animal instinct kicks in and autopilot takes over.... causing him to go for the big KO. We also have to remember... he did bite off Holyfields ear back in the day Lol

I just want to see that old ferocious, powerhouse Iron Mike. What a legend.
I was thinkin the same thing readin Hussell's post...

Mikes in a great frame of mind n great shape right now. With all thats happened in his career including being taken advantaged of by many in his life , im sure the inner tiger mike alpha male killer eye focus im gonna knock u da fuk out champion Mike Tyson gonna come out to 'win' this fight , no exhibition touch punches ...... At least I hope so like u 😆 🥴🤛🤛🤛

NOVITEC

Heavyweight
As much of a fan of both these guys I was I really don't seeing this fight being that exciting. These dudes are hasbeens! Mike looks great in training but, will it transfer to the ring? Jones already came back once and didn't look good at all.

The other thing I have a hard time with is the difference in size and power between these two guys. Jones is at a serious and dangerous disadvantage. I dont like that.

Hussell

Super Heavyweight
Looking at the rules which where released it won't be much of a fight unless they both go into elimination mode lol i would love nothing better then see them swing for the fences lol

thinkfree

Super Heavyweight
Looking at the rules which where released it won't be much of a fight unless they both go into elimination mode lol i would love nothing better then see them swing for the fences lol
I may not have seen the latest, but saw if there are ANY cuts, the fight is ended!
Also saw, no judges, the only way to win is by a TKO or KO.. quote from the article: "So, technically there won't be a winner unless a knockout somehow occurs. Or, either fighter is deemed unfit to continue."