What's new

Mitigating liver distress / Oral steroids

Jdave

Rookie
Mitigating Liver Distress due to Oral Steroid Use

Just something to shoot the shit over. There probably wont be anything new here for lots of people, so please feel free to add to this thread with their own protocols or supplements

My current supplementation for liver health is basically NAC and TUDCA

I have used milk thistle and liv52DS, personally i have found NAC and TUDCA to be sufficient and easier to comeby

My current protocol for moderate oral use
(ex: 30-50mb dbol/winstrol a day)

- taking mostly during the day, with respect to the half live, hopefuly most of it cleared by night so i can run liver aids during the night
NAC every day, roughly 1200mg a night during the orals cycle
- doctors administer NAC to people with an acetaminophen overdose to prevent or reduce kidney and liver damage (albeit, intravenously)
-https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3270338/
- helps body replenish glutathione
- when im not running orals i'll run this 600mg everyday through the year when i have any on hand, just for general health as it has benefits outside the liver.

TUDCA for 4-6 weeks after the oral cycle is complete, 500mg everyday
- plays a regenerative role, reduces liver enzymes and linked to healthy bile function
-https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0011393X05806599

For heavy Use, an example would be as follows...
(ex: 60-100mg anadrol or winstrol a day)

- With a heavy round of orals i'll always take 1 or 2 days off a week with no orals (usually coinciding eith days I’m not lifting, whether that’s cardio or a rest day)
- If possible i'll try to find an oral that is a bit less liver toxic to alternate with for the days you use the orals. Example would be alternating winstrol and anavar, or anadrol with a lower dose of dbol. people can say "oh your hormone values will fluctuate" but people use orals as a preworkout- and with their short half lives, you're going to fluctuate anyways
- again, taking mostly during the day, with respect to the half live, hopefuly most of it cleared by night so i can run liver aids during the night
NAC every day, roughly 1200mg a night during the orals cycle, and 600-1200mg more on the days where i do not run the orals (so perhaps 600-1200mg in the morning, and 1200 at night)
- the reasoning here for me is to really help clear out the liver on days where an oral processing and repassing through the liver isn't necessary (days wit no orals)
TUDCA *during* the cycle and 500mg on the days with no orals, and perhaps about 250mg every night on days with orals as well
- the reasoning here again is to fix the liver on the days off, and do some minor work over night after orals have passed
TUDCA AND NAC for 6-12 weeks after: 1200mg NAC, 750mg TUDCA (500mg if you go for a longer 12 week, or 3 month, period)
- depending on how heavily you messed your liver up, i run NAC post just to mitigate any additional damage other items entering the body would do after i ran orals
- incrase the dosage of TUDCA in respect to the heavier orals use. Why? not sure, admittedly, taking the "took more bad drugs, take more good drugs" approach. The above cited study stated 500mg TUDCA over a 3 months period was sufficent to help liver cirrosis

pretty basic, just something to start talking about liver health and mitigating liver stress with oral steroids.

Last edited: