What's new

Mood Overall well being during contest prep

JonnyO

Super Moderator
When your carbs are non existant usually fats go in to replace them for energy. Look up Gluconeogenesis, Id say your diet is not set up properly, your barely getting enough fuel for your brain. Try fixing the diet up and you could try some L-Tyrosine, 1500mg a day.

Also lower your cardio, 50 minutes twice a day is overkill.

Last edited:

rocko

Super Heavyweight
yes - contest dieting sucks - big time.

Until you do it, you have no concept of the challenge that it presents. I have dieted and competed 7 times and every singe time sucked - big time.

Most recently I was dieting, and had to stop because of what it was costing me. I don't mean financially, I mean with my relationships. Both personally and professionally. I'm older now then when I used to compete, and for me, the sacrifice is just no longer worth it.

suboxone

Heavyweight
Hey guys just wanted to give an update, added back in fats and increased my carbs, eating around maintenance calories, also layed off my aromasin and am feeling 100000x better then I was when I started this thread. Thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dream_catcher

Super Heavyweight
Hey guys just wanted to give an update, added back in fats and increased my carbs, eating around maintenance calories, also layed off my aromasin and am feeling 100000x better then I was when I started this thread. Thanks for the advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
good to hear. honestly your diet just wasn't right. it's better to step back and kinda re-evaluate it.
in theory people think just cut carbs and fats until theres nothing left. but you need to know what each thing does before you change or lower it. I not a fan of iifym dieters, but they do have good knowledge on how to manipulate the macros when you do a cut.
it is a balancing act between removing carbs, fats (to a point), and even protein. it's quite simple if you're a engineering student, but you just need to know the basic concepts first and you'll be good to go.