What's new

Muay Thai fighters or kick boxers

Thread starter #1

guarddog

Registered
I'm here to help any new fighters on training or the cycles that have worked for me. I'm not a bodybuilder and never claimed to be.(although bodybuilding was my first love the whole fighting thing paid the bills for me for a lot of years)

First off I'm a ex pro Muay Thai (kickboxer) Some members know who I am but please don't ask who I am for very obvious reasons !! I really want to help you up and coming fighters that are CJM members if I can! Its my time to give back to this board!! Without the help from Mnb,P.s. and other old time members helping me way back in the day I could never have done what I did!

muscle_n_blood

Super Moderator
What are some ways you employ weight training to improve speed and striking power? It's easy to see how you might improve grappling/wrestling strength. How can one improve quickness and impact concussion?
I'm not a fighter but it's a debate I've heard... not all fighters use weights.

bigeze

Registered
Awesome. I wish I would have known this sooner, I would have been bugging you with questions a long time ago. Did you do more traditional MT or Dutch style?

Thread starter #4

guarddog

Registered
I have never done weights to try to improve speed or striking power. I have always worked out like a bodybuilder since I was 14. There are NO exercises that can improve this! Speed and power as far as striking all come from lots and lots of practice! That means throwing the same kicks and punches a couple hundred times everyday for years and sparring as many rounds a day as possible everyday!! Some fighters will tell ya you get speed and power from heavy bag work . I say bullshit sure you can hit a bag hard but once you get in the ring and that heavy bag starts to move around and starts punching and kicking you back its all very different LOL!!For example I have had fights with guys as big as 6'2 and over 235lbs that have hit me like little girls. The worst beating I ever got in my life came from a little guy from Thailand that was only 5'4 and only weighed 140lbs. He kicked me so hard on the right side of my jaw that he popped 2 fillings out of teeth on the left side of my jaw while I had a mouth piece in. I felt like I got the shit beat out of me by someone's little sister!!
I know a lot of fighters don't use weights and I really think they are fucked. They say I don't do weights cause it slows me down and takes away from my flexibility. I say bullshit again I spend a extra 10 mins after my weight training and stretch and I have never had a problem with this. For example look at some of the greatest boxers of all time. Look at Mike Tyson in his prime sure he was not cut enough to hit a bodybuilding stage but he was a pretty big built dude. He was so fast and had so much power he would kill his victims in under 2 mins!! These fighters that say weights have no place in fighting are so blind. THE BIG ADVANTAGE as being a fighter and working out like a bodybuilder is on defence. In Muay Thai the things I'm really focused on and want to destroy are your jaw, neck (corroded arties) and ribs. I ALWAYS did extra work on lats ,traps and arms. All that extra meat covering the bone can save you in the ring. For example I would get my lats as big as fucking possible and my arms too. That way I could put my arms down in front of my lats and almost completely cover all of my ribs from attack. Traps because when your head is tucked down big traps block the side of jaw and cover up your neck. In fighting you always hear head kicks. When a Muay Thai fighter or kick boxer throws a head kick he is really trying to hit your neck(corroded arty hit cause cuts blood flow to the brain for a split second and causes the brain to hit the rest button AKA knockout)or your jaw ( the base of your jaw that connects to your skull is the part of your brain that controls motor skills so when the hit it that is another another reset button aka Knockout) . They should call it a jaw/neck kick. The top of the skull is one of the hardest bones in the body why would you want to slam your shin bone into it! It fucking hurts and will not likely cause a knockout.(LOL I know it still looks cool but the guy that kicked feels more pain than the guy that got kicked on the top of his head)
Sorry if there is spelling mistakes in this post.
LOL Sorry MnB !!I think I really over answered this question.

muscle_n_blood

Super Moderator
Hope that bite heals ok. I know from bar fights and bouncing in night clubs that hitting someone in the top of the head or even the side is a good way to break either your knuckles or the outside bone beneath the little finger in the striking hand.

bigeze

Registered
Sweet. So what would be the cycle you would tell fighters to run?
Right now I am doing 100 prop EOD and Mast EOD. with peptides GHRP2 and CJC1925, mornings and nights. Is this good, bad, so so?

Thread starter #8

guarddog

Registered
Hi Bigeze
I have never done any peps but the prop and mast is perfect!! I have done it for a few fights. I'm not a bodybuilder but I will tell ya the cycles I have run that have worked for me when I was fighting. Prop makes the world go around as far as the fight world IMO!
enanthate + anything = feel like a big fat pig!! Can fight for a hour and need a nap.So I give it a C
tren + anything = forget about fighting take up bodybuilding So a big F
prop + winni = feel like superman but joints kill with all the punches and kicks everyday. So I give it a B
prop + primo= feel like superman primo same effect as mast just cost more LOL!! So I give it a A
prop + Mast = read above LOL just cheaper so A+
prop + eq = the best fucking mix I have ever done for fighting EVER!!!!! A++++++++++ If you don't get tested try EQ (and don't have to worry about getting tested for a long time)!!!! It was made for race horses , the increase in red blood cell production is magic IMO !!!! The eq I did for 5 monthes straight before I really felt it when fighting. It really got me through all those long hours of training getting ready for fights...Mind you I don't know how long you cycle for your fights? I'm not sure if you are doing the whole fight thing for a living or just for fun. When I went pro I went on and stayed on( I had to feed my family). Not to cheat just to keep up with everyone else that was doing shit ... My best fighting cycles was 200mg of prop with 200mg of eq eod. Then 2 weeks before a fight I would bump up the prop 150mg ed eq the same eod and walk into the ring like SUPERMAN!!.

bigeze

Registered
Its more for fun at this point. I want to go pro, but I need 6 months to a year before I can go pro in MMA. I'm much better at MMA than MT. I have MT, but its not really my game, I like to punch more than kick, and when I clinch I want to go for takedowns, not sweeps or knees.
I do like the prop/mast, I don't have tons of cycle experience, but I do know what I like, and I like this.
Have you ever tired, prop/mast/eq?
What weight were you?

Thread starter #10

guarddog

Registered
It you like the prop and mast and it works for ya stick with it bro!! It worked very well for me. When the time comes you want to try something else try the eq.( it worked the best for me)No I have never done prop,mast and eq. With the prop and eq thats all ready 3cc eod thats about all I can handle for shots. I'm 5'9 and go between 195lbs up to 205 at times.( I can hit 210lbs + no prob but don't let myself cause its too hard to make weight) When I fight I starve and take lasix to weigh in at 185lbs ( to the point I feel sick LOL) in the morning but usally I'm back up to 190 to 195lbs by that night for fight time after getting water and food back into me.

bigeze

Registered
Yeah, good point about to much oil.
I got another question. It happened last cycle and it has happened again this week. I am getting horrible cramps when I train. Especially in my back, I did 5 rounds of pads and I wanted to cry. It started to feel better an hour or so into training, but thats way to long, plus it still feel bad, just better. I drank 2 liters or water before training. IDK if I need even more water, the lack of carbs in my diet, the AAS, or a combo but I need to fix this problem. Any advice?

Thread starter #12

guarddog

Registered
" I drank 2 liters of water" Not even close to what you need!! I drink more that before I even start and another 4 litres while training.Take a drink between EVERY round!! No matter if sparring,pads or bag work. Don't drop your carbs too low. Your fighting not trying to cut for a show. I never go under 400 a day. You need the gas for all those training rounds!!

bigeze

Registered
Shit. I better man up. And drink more.

Ok time to really bug the shit out of you. What did your diet look like, and your training? How much road work? How much pad work, weight ect?

Thread starter #14

guarddog

Registered
WoW thats a lot of info to type out LOL! Give me a few days and I will post everything I did. Its going to be a lot!!

muscle_n_blood

Super Moderator
Don't wear your fingers out guarddog. Answer those one at time. Each of those questions are good and call for discussion. Or, hell, just write a book and sell it.

Thread starter #17

guarddog

Registered
MnB is wright I'm going to have to do all this one thing at a time. I'm a little busy traing my 2 fighters so I will have to do this one thing at a time. Its just WAY WAY too much info for me to post at one time.Will post in a couple days Big.

Ps Big if anything I have said so far has helped ya please hit that little star on my post to add to my rep . My rep power dropped real bad cause of one asshole on here and I'm trying to get it back up..

bigeze

Registered
No worries. Take care of your guys. People who have wisdom are few and far between, and I'm a whore for wisdom so I try to soak up as much as I can.

Thread starter #19

guarddog

Registered
Ok Big

I have no idea how you train or how much time you have to train in a day. So I'm going to tell ya how I do it and what has worked for me. I will start with roadwork (This is everyday not just when you feel like it or at least 5 days a week). First thing is run as soon as you get up. DO NOT eat first cause you will just get cramps and barf on the side of the road. I wake up and drink at least a litre of water ( I know your not into the water thing but start LOL) Don't be afraid to down a poweraid or other sports drink. First take your car and measure out 2 miles on a road with telephone poles.( don't worry it will all make since in a second) Every 1/2 mile mark the spot with a rock on the side of the road( LOL I used spray paint at 4 in the morning.) First off jog till you can get 2 miles in might take a week or 2. Once you can do that you will jog for the first 1/2 mile to warm up then for the next mile you will run full tilt for 2 telephone poles, jog for 2 then full tilt for 2 then for the last 1/2 mile jog to cool down ( You should feel like your going to fucking die). Remember when I said 2 weeks before a fight I kick up the prop to 150 ed. When I do this I also change to 1/2 mile jog, then 2 poles WITH A JOG FOR 1 POLE then 2 poles full tilt for full a mile, then a 1/2 mile to cool down. Remember that fighting is anaerobic not aerobic so just jogging/running for 2 miles will not help you in the ring as much as running like this will .Hope all this makes sense if it doesn't let me know. DO NOT EVER run out of air in the ring before your victim . If he sees you gasping for air in-between rounds this will give him a boost. I hope your trainers or corner men know enough to stand in front of you if you are gasping for air and not let the other corner see !! If you feel good in between rounds. DO NOT SIT DOWN!!!!!!! GOT ME!!!! If you stay standing in between rounds in your corner when the other guy sits down, this impresses the judges and will break down your opponent will.

Ps sorry for the spelling mistakes!

Thread starter #20

guarddog

Registered
You can see now why I said " the increase in red blood cell production is magic IMO !!!! " with Eq .
I know people are going to say its only 2 miles a day no big deal. Try what I posted and then tell me its easy...

Ps sorry for boring all the BBs here with this shit.