What's new

My Personal Supplement Regiment

Bigtuna84

Super Moderator
I don’t have much time right now but as per @Double D ’s request, I will quickly outline my current supplement regiment which I am experimenting with and you guys can comment/ask questions below.

Keep in mind I’ve had some health issues in the past so I am constantly searching for new systems to put in place to improve my health ON/OFF PED’s.

NOTE: I’ve also included the brands which I recommend.

Arginine Cardio

2 scoops 2 x a day - increases nitric oxide in blood vessels providing support for cardiovascular system.

Pomegranate extract (Piping Rock)

500mg per day: increases endothelial health - expansion of vessels- lowers blood pressure - increases nitric oxide levels

Pycnogenol (Life Extension)

200mg per day: helps with ejection fraction - great to use alongside Ubiquinol for heart function - helps BPH -prevents kidney impairment from high BP.

Astralagus (NOW)

2000mg per day split am/pm: Everyone can do what they want to do as far as supplement usage. But I feel this is one of the most important. It is virtually the only supplement Ive ever seen raise GFR and lower creatinine to any extent

Super Bio Curcumin (Life Extension):

800mg per day: Inhibits inflammation and provides anti oxidant and cardiovascular support. This stays in the regular rotation since it put my CRP in normal range within a couple of days.

Grape Seed Extract (Life Extension):

650mg 2x day: to lower blood pressure increase blood flow - arterial health

Prostate 5x (New Chapter):

2 capsules 2 x day: has a whole host of ingredients such as Saw Palmetto and Nettle most commonly seen ingredients in prostate formulas - anti-androgenic properties maybe it’s not the best thing for muscle growth but it’s important for prostate health.

Olive Leaf Vascular Support with Celery Seed Extract (Life Extension)

2 x a day: Supports cardiovascular system-helps to regulate blood pressure.

Ubiquinol (Jarrow)

600mg per day: great for overall heart function ATP production

Arjuna (himalaya)

1 capsule a day: Great for heart function alongside with Pcynogenol and Ubiquinol

Palm Fruit Soft Gel (Botanical Craft)

2 x day: Anti-oxidant

Injectable Glutathione

200mg 3x per week post workout: Anti oxidant

Last edited:

Goldenrod

VET
@Bigtuna84 - Thanks for the info. If you don’t mind me asking - Where do you get the injectable glutathione? Even the naturopath I consulted doesn’t offer this service and claims she can’t get it. Something I’m very interested in as I had several liver issues in the past.
Thanks

Bigtuna84

Super Moderator
@Goldenrod Some health and wellness clinics should offer Glutathione IV treatments (at least the ones in my area do) . Generally this is based off a consultation with a doctor followed by some testing. That being said, the glutathione I am using is UGL.

Goldenrod

VET
@Goldenrod Some health and wellness clinics should offer Glutathione IV treatments (at least the ones in my area do) . Generally this is based off a consultation with a doctor followed by some testing. That being said, the glutathione I am using is UGL.
I did go for a consult specifically for this reason as I read about good results and it is one of the most powerful antioxidants - I’m no expert and just paraphrasing what I read. There are 4 naturopaths at the clinic and it is the largest in my province - they said it may come in the future but not yet, regardless I suspect they would charge a shit load and wouldn’t let me buy it and inject myself. I haven’t seen any UGL offering injectable glutathione but good on the lab that is. Very interesting

Sorbate

My colon knows the difference
Banned
Which lab?

Double D

Seasoned VET
thanks @Bigtuna84 great post, i'll be adding a couple items into my daily supplements after reading your post.

Goldenrod

VET
I don’t have much time right now but as per @Double D ’s request, I will quickly outline my current supplement regiment which I am experimenting with and you guys can comment/ask questions below.

Keep in mind I’ve had some health issues in the past so I am constantly searching for new systems to put in place to improve my health ON/OFF PED’s.

NOTE: I’ve also included the brands which I recommend.

Arginine Cardio

2 scoops 2 x a day - increases nitric oxide in blood vessels providing support for cardiovascular system.

Pomegranate extract (Piping Rock)

500mg per day: increases endothelial health - expansion of vessels- lowers blood pressure - increases nitric oxide levels

Pycnogenol (Life Extension)

200mg per day: helps with ejection fraction - great to use alongside Ubiquinol for heart function - helps BPH -prevents kidney impairment from high BP.

Astralagus (NOW)

2000mg per day split am/pm: Everyone can do what they want to do as far as supplement usage. But I feel this is one of the most important. It is virtually the only supplement Ive ever seen raise GFR and lower creatinine to any extent

Super Bio Curcumin (Life Extension):

800mg per day: Inhibits inflammation and provides anti oxidant and cardiovascular support. This stays in the regular rotation since it put my CRP in normal range within a couple of days.

Grape Seed Extract (Life Extension):

650mg 2x day: to lower blood pressure increase blood flow - arterial health

Prostate 5x (New Chapter):

2 capsules 2 x day: has a whole host of ingredients such as Saw Palmetto and Nettle most commonly seen ingredients in prostate formulas - anti-androgenic properties maybe it’s not the best thing for muscle growth but it’s important for prostate health.

Olive Leaf Vascular Support with Celery Seed Extract (Life Extension)

2 x a day: Supports cardiovascular system-helps to regulate blood pressure.

Ubiquinol (Jarrow)

600mg per day: great for overall heart function ATP production

Arjuna (himalaya)

1 capsule a day: Great for heart function alongside with Pcynogenol and Ubiquinol

Palm Fruit Soft Gel (Botanical Craft)

2 x day: Anti-oxidant

Injectable Glutathione

200mg 3x per week post workout: Anti oxidant
Sorry for all the questions but I had a second read and noticed olive leaf for cardiovascular support. Did you find the research on that herb yourself or did a naturopath / alt practitioner suggest it? I ask because I take it a few times a year as I’m prone to bad chest infections and that is the only non scrip product that will work to keep pneumonia or bronchitis away. Antibiotics obviously work but I would prefer to take something that may have some benefits to my entire system. Oregano oil never did much for me and a naturopath who has become a friend suggested it. It sits in my cupboards year round but I never thought of taking it year rounds until I read your regimen. It’s just my curiosity how you found out about it.
Again - thanks

Double D

Seasoned VET
where do you buy your Ubiquinol ? its so expensive here I usually wait until it goes on sale.

Old RhynoS

Super Heavyweight
Thanks for sharing. I use some of those already but will be adding to my daily routine some of these .

Goldenrod

VET
where do you buy your Ubiquinol ? its so expensive here I usually wait until it goes on sale.
@Double D - not sure if you noticed but the price of ubiquinol has been slowly increasing month by month. A bottle of NOW 200 mg / 60 pills is almost $100 now. 6 months ago it was around $50-60. Amazing what supply and demand does. If anyone knows a good brand that is cheaper please post as this is now the most expensive supplement I purchase.

onthelake

Rookie
@Double D - not sure if you noticed but the price of ubiquinol has been slowly increasing month by month. A bottle of NOW 200 mg / 60 pills is almost $100 now. 6 months ago it was around $50-60. Amazing what supply and demand does. If anyone knows a good brand that is cheaper please post as this is now the most expensive supplement I purchase.
costco sells Webber naturals ubiquinol 100mg /200 pills for 69.99 , cheapest I can find it now .