What's new

Need help with growing legs

xxracaillexx

Middleweight
Sup guy !

Im 6'3 so its always been hard for me to grow my legs so they look good sized on me

I would like to know if you guy have any legs workout for growing ? Also the number of set/rep
Thanks you

Jestopherson

Juicy Junior
My favourite that got me to add serious size last cycle was
Heavy squats 5-8 reps. 4 sets, high exertion and weight. Always pushing for more.
Conventional deadlifts 5x5
Quad extensions. Explosive contraction. Slow decent. Alternate 2 sets toes pointed out and 2 sets toes pointed in. Supersetted with lying ham curls. Focus on the stretch. 4 sets 12-15 reps.

My legs grow the easiest though. By far my genetic strong point so this might not work for you. I just found very heavy compound mixed with mid to high rep isolation yielded the best results. And FULL ROM

kaly11

Super Heavyweight
What has worked for me to grow them significantly in the past when I was competing was twice a week.
Monday was heavy - 4-8reps for working sets for absolutely everything + then another day typically Friday was high reps - usually 15-20 reps for everything as well.

Compound movements to start with isolations to follow.

Justpicaname5

Super Heavyweight
When i added deep, heavy hacks squats.. that's when everything changed for me.
This is what I do.
5 sets hack squats
4 sets squats
4 sets legg press
3 sets leg extensions
4 sets stiff leg deadlifts
4 sets prone leg curls

* I do calves on chest day.
6 sets standing machin calve raises
6 sets seated calves
I find high volume heavy weight is needed for my legs to grow... as we walk/stairs/jog etc everyday... we are always giving our legs a workout.. so I find it's important to really shock them on leg day.

Good luck bro

HungryMfkr

Super Heavyweight
Add some rest pause, holding 3 secs, drop sets, add walking weighted or not lunges tank them.

Jestopherson

Juicy Junior
When i added deep, heavy hacks squats.. that's when everything changed for me.
This is what I do.
5 sets hack squats
4 sets squats
4 sets legg press
3 sets leg extensions
4 sets stiff leg deadlifts
4 sets prone leg curls

* I do calves on chest day.
6 sets standing machin calve raises
6 sets seated calves
I find high volume heavy weight is needed for my legs to grow... as we walk/stairs/jog etc everyday... we are always giving our legs a workout.. so I find it's important to really shock them on leg day.

Good luck bro
I wouldn't be able to move the next day. I am so glad it doesn't take me that much. You're a fucking animal for pushing through that many sets. Also long time no see man!

Justpicaname5

Super Heavyweight
I wouldn't be able to move the next day. I am so glad it doesn't take me that much. You're a fucking animal for pushing through that many sets. Also long time no see man!
Ya... it definitely takes a while to build up to that, don't try it on your 1st leg day in a while lol....
Even with that I can barely walk out of the gym sometimes.... but I got sick of being told not to skip leg day, even though I was working them hard... lol so this is what I do now.
Yes was gone for a little... I get bummed out during lockdowns and watch movies and eat ice cream, and hide from the world!!! Lol

Old RhynoS

Super Heavyweight
2x a week, one quad focused the other hammy. Get plenty of rest.
Compounds. Implement hypertrophy techniques but not on every set, you have to pay attention not your overall fatigue.
Jefferson squats, split squats, walking lunges Roman chair, Rdl, etc.....
And of course eat for it.

xxracaillexx

Middleweight
2x a week, one quad focused the other hammy. Get plenty of rest.
Compounds. Implement hypertrophy techniques but not on every set, you have to pay attention not your overall fatigue.
Jefferson squats, split squats, walking lunges Roman chair, Rdl, etc.....
And of course eat for it.
Probably a stupid question for the squat..lunge..jefferson squat u wouls put that in the quads workout or hammy ?

Old RhynoS

Super Heavyweight
Also would you do high rep or lower rep but heavy ?
Quad focused. If hypertrophy is your goal keep it above 8 reps. You can go high , 15-30 reps but the thing to watch out for is your legs being the reason you finish your set vs lower back or other muscles giving out first. Tom Platz used to do sets of 25 reps on the squat. Use a weight that puts you at 1-2 reps from failure at 15x and take advantage of the negative, milk that for 3-4 sec

Goldenrod

VET
Heavy squats all day. Make sure you can’t walk after. I don’t know how you guys lift but I’m soaked in sweat after each workout. Make sure you hit failure sets
again, I agree with @A.B - squats and best to be in the 10 rep range (for me) followed by 10 reps with no weight (super sets), heavy days - not super setting, rep days, the point here is squats. If you like your knees, you can't do deep heavy squats every leg day. I do sets of 25 reps for squats and is a wicked cardio workout too. I go to parallel and back up.
I hold dumbbells and use bands to add another 200 lbs for squats. It is weird at first but when working out at home, it may be your only option.
There are also many foot variations for squats - the message is squat.