What's new

Never Underestimate the Fat Kid Who Grew Up Loving Cake

HungryMfkr

Registered
yup embarrassing.
On the other hand history is full of chubby hard hitter, think of Butter Bean, Roy Nelson to name a few :sneaky:

Justaguy

Registered
Bob sapp was the same athletic ability can be impeded by size, its pretty obvious mr juice had very little experience with fighting.

vanmatt

Registered
What a nickname. Sometimes guys just don't look the part, like Ben Askren, but man can some people surprise you.

You know what they say; don't judge a book by its cover.
I do a little wrestling + BJJ. The way someone`s body looks and how STRONG they are on the mat.
Fuck, very little connection. Well, the first year or two...you need to develop strength + conditioning.
But get past the beginner stage, a completely different story.

I`m not great, but I ave survived some much bigger men than myself,
And have been absolutely CRUSHED by very skilled, MUCH MUCH smaller men than me.

Grappling strength is an whole different ball game.
I invite every power lifter and body builder to give it a try :)

Makes me think about when i was 18 yo , did some boxing in Barrie Ont. In a basement, there was 2 huge black guys in the ring, they had the same "shape" could easily been twins... but one was hard as a rock and not the other, it looked exactly like the video posted. Nice bb shape but no fighting technique

Thread starter Admin #11

~Dr Juice~

Administrator
-- I can't remember if it was the late 80's or early 90's but here in Victoria they used to promote a 'Do You Think You're Tough' contest which was basically the same format as above -- open amateur bouts. There was this well known Austrian fellow whom owned a gym in Victoria and was a local legend as he legitimately placed in the Mr. Universe. To say he was muscular and imposing was not an understatement. To make a long story short he entered the contest and drew audible gasps as he walked to and entered the ring. His opponent? His opponent was an average built logger from the northern part of the island. The crowd in attendance was certain there'd be a bloodbath in the big Austrian's favor. What followed was an absolute shit-kicking doled out by the logger whom made short work of the huge bodybuilder. It was an embarrassment that I don't think he ever lived down amongst those "in the know."

The announcers need to shut the fuck.up.
Fst shaming him.
Spare tire, doughy boy,...
If I heard that crap about me "the Mexican guy", I'd break their jaw.
POS losers.

gramkind

Registered
Probably never been in a fight, his size would deter most people. And you can hit the bag all you want but until you get tagged on the chin you really don't know how you will react.

Yup that was his first time getting punched in the face FOR SURE. It’s good to see people get humbled who “look” the part. I think everyone should experience this sort of thing (doesn’t have to be getting punched in front of a bunch of people at the Barstool Sports Super Bowl party). But similar to what vanmatt said walk into your local bjj gym roll with someone with experience but won’t kill you (beware of blue belts), and remember to tap!!